Booting issues - Vista

HX1

• Replies 90
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's quite odd. I can't think of anything right now. ANW, on a side note, the previous version of UD had a problem of auto boot defrag unless you open UD and uncheck "Run During Next Boot" manually. The problem was fixed in the latest version. Did you forget updating?

Nope this was version.. 3.00100..w/e .15... I have never seen this before.. and I found one thing about it..similar.. but it didn't work..I haven't ever seen thi before.. usually if it fails.. it really fails..

• Administrator

My boot time defrag without asking was solved in the latest version. :think:

well.. I am not sure if I can get enough room on the partition to shrink or extend it.. to be able to.. but it would be nice to be able to do...

and mine started with last update... on all of the systems I have used... except one.. which is ancient ( more so than mine.. )

But yeah I have technically enough GB to do it.. and I was going to upgrade to 7.. but it wants me to boot into Vista to do it.. so now I have to copy 127 GB of files over to an EHD.. hope it doesn't fail.. then go ahead and do a hard install of Vista.. and start all over.. and being that most boot discs do not support USB drives that aren't basically Flash.. then I have to use BartPE to do it... then use Windows 7 to take Control of the files.. then transport them back after digging through everything to find it all.. I got some more time too.. until Friday.. was supposed be returned to her like right now..

Regardless I have to copy it ll so it doesn't get messed up.. at least.. and one copy survives regardless of what I do.. or what happens.. and I will be installing a backup software and advising to start running them to EHD..

This is odd.. I installed never messed with.. Stardock Boot Changer.. for Vista.. and Logon.. the Boot Changer.. installed with impulse and for some reason this is bringing back some memories for some reason.. but.. I went in to the program files and put a 1 before the Stardock folder and the other programs that I suspect could be a culprit.. it went right into trying to repair itself...'Startup Repair..' the first thing that happened and I did.. but why all of a sudden again..???... and the same thing again...

This cyclic crap is killing me.. :why: and trying over and over again one little thing at a time..with all this lengthy crap for 8 hours.. Start.. :please: :beg: really getting ..

It will not let me pull anything off the drive either..

IF I do a fresh install of 7.. it will put all those files in a folder .old right.. even for Vist.. I know it did it on this one.. but woudl it for Vista..?

Well that I am assured of.. but their pics.. documents.. programs..music all of it is lost..

Thing is I wanted to make sure to reinstall the programs and place their stuff back..

EDIT: Is there a re-install option or do you just mean.. clean install.. in another partition..

I can access the drive with BartPE... and MiniXP both...everything is there... all of it... but Vista just the system.. stops right before the Orb and sound.. without being frozen...

Okay well the TOSHIBA hidden partition is only 1.5 GB.. and the install disc will not allow me to resize or create a new one.. should I try Disk Management from Mini XP? .. or will this more thn likely not be possible and ruin the files..

If I could upgrade to ultimate.. would be cool from booting the disk..but I think I need a serial first.. OR will Vist upgrades be like Win 7?

Should I do a splitting of the partition and moving the necessary folders over?.. Thats about the only option 11.0 RE actually gives me.. I am at the slider/execute screen..

Well in Acronis Disk Director on the HBCD.. thats the only option I have... I do not have all of the options to change Active and all of that..they simply are not there.. in whatever version of the Disk Director this is

EDIT: uhm 2 partitions.. one TOSHiba.. and one for C.. spanning the entrie thing.. no other disks.. ( Laptop ) and no way to make new partition.. without eating data ( which I might add according to UD before the crash.. id about 15% to the middle of the 231.4 GB.. on C:..

EDIT2: I can Move, Resize, Chnge Letter.. Format Delete, Split, Merge, Explore and look at Properties. and thats bout it..

Oh wait..

Create Partition, Increase free space.. copy partition, recover partitions.. Convert Hide change cluster size, Change Type.. and Edit.. ( which is full of a bunch of crap and file systems which are different.. not fr sure what it all means )

unknownasphyxiated

I can access the drive with BartPE... and MiniXP both...everything is there... all of it... but Vista just the system.. stops right before the Orb and sound.. without being frozen...

if you can backup all of their files,backup it into your EHD

then just get rid of Vista partition

but leave the OEM partition

from my experience with Toshiba laptop, Daz loader would fail

currently use BOX

its not mine,belong to my friend

also got problem with Vista

it can be very tricky when searching for Win 7 driver from Toshiba website :frusty:

...and this will create a new partition with destroying anything? ( like the last thing I would have ever chosen to do.. because of the way .. anyway )

I can do 195 GB.. should I just do..

EDIT.. we are getting like I feel right now.. back and forth and all over.. LOL.. Okay but I hope your right..

Archived