Booting issues - Vista

HX1

I had an individual ask me to help with thier laptop.. IE wouldn't start.. great many toolbars and 40 malicious files removed later I am finishing up the registry cleaning and about to reboot to do a registry defrag and HD defrag which was 57% fragmented...

Two things happened... Ultimate Defrag tried to do a Boot Defrag without me telling it to.. and when it got to the $SDSecure or something similar it got to 99% and had an RC-1 error.. it finished.. and tried to reboot .. when it tried to reboot.. it flashed a BSOD that was maybe three or four lines long at the top of the screen.. and then tried to reboot again.. Now when windows starts I get the Vista Loading screen.. green scroll bar.. and then t goes to two black screens.. the second has a mouse which s usable.. but after a short period.. the drive stops.. gives one quick flash of activity light and everything stops.. No boot sounds and no Vista Orb..

I have tried repairing errors that will not allow it to boot both with discs and the initial tool given...

Does anyone know either how to fix this issue or can tell me exactly what has happened..

This was going to be a favor to someone I do not know really well.. and totally have failed.. in desperate need to get this fixed.. as I don't have the money to replace something.. nor to fix it unless I do it myself..

Input greatly appreciated.. ( Currently running Memory Diagnostic.. as if it will help.. )

• Replies 90
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unknownasphyxiated

don't know what actually happen but can you access safe mode???

or maybe try Last Known Good Configuration

if you can access safe mode,then try to scan with malwarebytes and SAS

SAS has tool to repair certain problem which you can access through preferences>repairs

try disable automatic reboot on system failure

control panel>system>advanced>startup n recovery>settings>uncheck Automatically restart

i think there are another ways...doesn't remember

if you can access safe mode, do check disk

hope i can help...really like troubleshooting but still in learning phase

Thanks but no.. I tried believe me..... Thank you tons though.. :) NOW.. this is interesting.. we were all there once..

I booted into BartPE after running the Memory diagnostic.. and decided to use CHKDSK.. it has found some of error on the disk...correcting tons of errors... and particularly finding something at $0 something 25.. that it deleted and then inserted.. so I am not for sure what is going on right now but I am hoping this has something to do with it and it fixes..

STILL OPEN EARS SO DO NOT BE SHY ABOUT THE ADVISE..

EDIT: I really am panicked with a painful amount of anxiety about this right now... literally I hurt right now..

BTW... I also removed an invalid device that was marked as one of the Web.Search toolbar things... I have done that before.. but usually not with a consequence like this...

This thing is recovering so much I .. literally have never seen CHKDSK do this much work.. EVER..

That helps me settle a little... I literally have never seen this much action from CHKDSK.. surprising.. currently 55% complete on stage 4 of 5.. so I am hoping.. I will probably collapse if it works.. and I am saved... I haven't felt like this behind a system in 5 years..

EDIT: To top it all off the lady is sooo sweet and nice.. I feel likea baby killer or something... I have to recover from it.. somehow..

EDIT2: I hate it when it happens with no warning.. and catches you off guard and you have no way.... and it goes totally sideways.. ( and your not drifting... ) LOL.. will have arthritis from all of the toes and finger crossing..

Correcting errors in the uppercase file.'

Adding 24865328 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.' ... is the last thing on the CMD Screen.. It seems to have corrected everything ti could correct..

I guess I have to manually close it and move on.. enter didn't work though so I am not for sure if its actually done or not..

I think what happened between me removing the CrapWare/Malicious files.. that was installed.. and uninstalling the one that was hooked into the devices and didn't have driver.. then UD screwing up.. It woudl seem something went wrong with the 'invisible file' that have to do with the disc files and partitions.. before this it stated nothing was wrong with the disk.. but somehow starting redoing all of the file entries.. MFT and related files I guess..

EDIT: says windows cannot end the program.. then I get the finalization message.. then the same thing as before.. FAIL.. not good..

Is there anything in the registry that I can check as far as booting windows is concerned?

And yeah I did some edits..LOL.. I think something i the way of one of the programs I have used that have boot utilities may be interfering with windows ..

I really have lost faith in Hirens.. has yet to solve an issue.. and some of the stuff it has really does not seem to effect it.. I may try once more.. BUT I did see one isue that was presented on one of the partition programs .. right after a warning that the program causes corruption in Vista..

Crap... I ran two registry cleaners... I have found that in Mini XP there are two partitions on the disc that one is invisble to the Vista.. labeled Toshiba system Volume.. it comes before the partition for the C: drive.. I think I should delete it.. I would give the model number but I can't find one.. is a Satellite though..

I am almost tempted to upgrade her to windows 7.. and walk away without destroying her stuff.. but all of the work I had done I will have to do all over again..

okay.. this just doesn't make any sense to me.. I have only come across this toolbar crap once before.. where when you uninstall it crashes the system.. but I have never seen it where the system will load up and then just stop with a black screen not an orb or sound with mouse AND I might add will power button to hibernate like windows has loaded.. Getting painful..

No I am not... just releasing.. yacking.. still EPIC FAIL.. and I am up the creek without a paddle.. and I hate to install 7.. to try to fix this...AND using bootloader for 7.. I have no idea.. wut to do next.. nothing is helping or giving any aid.. thus far to get past that damn screen..

how.. Ihave never done this with Vista.. never had the problem

BTW already tried fixing issues that prevent windows from starting up.. the first option

Archived