windows 11 update

RKS

i have core i7  laptop with 8gb ram, purchased 5 years ago. i have win10  single language installed in my system, 

i am trying to upgrade to win 11 but is saying "this PC does not currently meets Windows 11 system requirement"

Moved from Software Updates.

Software help is better here.

shwescorpion
31 minutes ago, RKS said:

i am trying to upgrade to win 11 but is saying "this PC does not currently meets Windows 11 system requirement"

Would you like to try my ISO?

This ISO could be installed in old machine, even on my 12 years old laptop.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RKS said:

i have core i7  laptop with 8gb ram, purchased 5 years ago. i have win10  single language installed in my system, 

Just like you, have 2 Core i7 PCs with 8 GB memory (both my systems completed 12 years, recently.) Like many others, I'm using debloated ISOs created by@shwescorpion

Besides, being free of any sort of malware . . . it's an awesome build which not only installs fine (and self-activates permanently) on old hardware but also bypasses some of the bugs that exist on the original, untouched ISOs.

You can judge for yourself once you go through this thread and also this one.

FWIW, @shwescorpion has created a debloated ISO for Windows 10, as well {have tested & continue to run both his builds on 2 identically configured, (old) hardware}:

Edited by UberGeek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

@RKSplease pay attention and read the forum rules mentioned on the top of each forum in order to know where to post such question. 

Before you install and test any Windows 11 OS on your machine, I prefer to check if your machine meets Microsoft requirements using this tool because sometimes it's small issues like the secure boot is disabled or you are using a different BIOS mode. 

• Like 3

WhyNotWin11

Detection Script to help identify why your PC isn't Windows 11 Release Ready. 

https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11

https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases/latest/download/WhyNotWin11.exe

Instruction: Download and Run. There ar explanations why your machine is not qualified

Edited by debebee

In addition to all of the above given recommendations, you could still provide the exact data of your computer, then we can say whether it makes any sense to start updating it or it isn't recommended never or what should You do before upgrading. I can say - at the moment is possible upgrade all pc what ever You have, but only few can work work with this Microsoft junk.
All I can tell you is that Microsoft has changed the original (at first time given) requirements, but regardless, it's completely pointless to upgrade now even if your computer meets all the requirements. More specifically, not even pointless, but very ignorant and stupid.
If you have a huge desire to see it with your own eyes then You should have some kind of testing computer. But otherwise, it is seriously not recommended. Any way, do not install it on Your main computer even if all reguirments fits.

• Like 1

Israeli_Eagle
45 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If you have a huge desire to see it with your own eyes then You should have some kind of testing computer. But otherwise, it is seriously not recommended. Any way, do not install it on Your main computer even if all reguirments fits.

... because Microsoft still knows well their compiler settings and what CPU instruction sets are. :coolwink: