How to Register/Update Ad Muncher using TOR

Sl@pSh0ck™

Hi first time poster , wanted to say thanks nivrid05,, your tut worked great , many thanks :D

no problem buddy ... oh by the way :welcome: to nsaneforums

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks to nivrid05 for the great tutorial. However, it seemed at least on my end that Ad Muncher is having issue lately trying to update to the latest definition. Also I just installed on another computer of mine and Ad Muncher won't activate either. It was working previously on 11/03/10 but as of recently nothing seemed to work for me despite stopping and restarting Tor well over 10 times.

Edit: Full thanks to Ehsan as well for the working tor file...it's the only one right now that I could get to work

• Replies 168
  • Views 121k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ henz:

Last night I updated my netbook on just the second try. This morning I finally updated my laptop PC after about twenty-five to thirty tries. Phew! :blink:

will update the tut entirely once I find time .. busy from work sorry guys. :frusty:

"Komputer SWIAT" license works till v5 comes out;

and now that's on the edge!

What will happen then?!

we should watch commercial Ads. all the day?! :D

will update the tut entirely once I find time .. busy from work sorry guys. :frusty:

Great ! Nop, take your time.

What will happen then?!

Yes, hope a crack will be released or another solution like a TR...

++

PS: The current method (serial from post 1 + Proxy or TOR works great !)

What will happen then?!

I only use admuncher to block ads in Chrome when I am not using Firefox. When V5 comes out and if there is no way to use admuncher, then I go back to strictly using Firefox with adblock plus. The only thing I will miss is how admuncher blocks hulu ads, but I what I won't miss is admuncher breaking lesser known video sites like cbs sports (my last update filter update was on Nov 6, but video has been broken for that site for about a month and no fix yet, I have to disable filtering to see video). On the other hand, Adblock plus will never break functionality of a site, even allowing, if necessary, commercials to play in order to allow the user to access video content in contrast to Admuncher which will block the commercial and with it video content giving you "error 140. adblocked."

I also noticed admuncher on my netbook uses 24-26 percent of the cpu when it is filtering ads plus Admuncher's tremendous amount of I/O read and writes and I am becoming less and less enamored with Admuncher.

just wanted to chime in here. I've used this thread COUNTLESS times in the past and never had a need to register. I suppose that's not very polite. As much as I've come here I could at least say thanks!

thanks!!!

on a side note, I can no longer get Ad Muncher to update. I get the "unrecognized country" every time.. Over 50 times so far :(

oh well. All good things must come to an end. I'd love to pay for Ad Muncher, but I'm just not in a position to do that, especially for my 5 computers :(

anyway, just wanted to let people know.

/><br /><br /><br />nice find dudulz ... can anybody test this one pls (still at work so will be able to test later):<br /><br />For vidalia bundle final<br />ExitNodes {de}<br />StrictExitNodes 1<br /><br />For vidalia bundle alpha:<br />ExitNodes {de}<br />StrictNodes 1

dudulz for the win!!! using Exit nodes from Germany works guys ... registered and updated admuncher:

registered

post-23431-0-11704000-1289959553_thumb.j

updated

post-23431-0-79361400-1289959596_thumb.j

**first post updated.

First post updated ... refined the exitnodes to use for higher success in registering/updating ... should always work on first try :dance2: .... let me know if otherwise :lol:

First post updated ... refined the exitnodes to use for higher success in registering/updating ... should always work on first try :dance2: .... let me know if otherwise :lol:

Thanks nivrid05. :D When I checked my netbook last night, it had those blutmagie* exit nodes and I wondered how it changed from {pl}? Anyway, I changed the blutmagie* exit nodes over to {de} and it worked last night. :D OK, thanks for the info, I'll change them back.

I changed my notebook now from {de} to the blutmagie* exit nodes and it worked really fast and on the first try as you said. :thumbsup:

Thank you nivrid05 !!!

What are these "blutmagie" ??

this one, http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/

router name..

i am wonder :think:

we need to use poland proxy at first,

why now german proxy is accepted..:why:

not all german proxy are accepted ... in my testing only these 4 german exitnodes are working atm (blutmagies) ... why ADMuncher reg/update server are accepting em ..I don't know and I don't care as long as they work for us :rofl:

update working with proxy germany :dance2:

112amtw.jpg

Hi Dudutz.

I've been using vidalia and still do so. Still, Advanced Tor caught my eye, I've installed it on my pc, but need some instruction how to use it.

Can you post a short instruction sheet? I found it much easier to learn a new tool with a basic howto document than to do it entirely on my own/

Hi Dudutz.

I've been using vidalia and still do so. Still, Advanced Tor caught my eye, I've installed it on my pc, but need some instruction how to use it.

Can you post a short instruction sheet? I found it much easier to learn a new tool with a basic howto document than to do it entirely on my own/

you can easily find a how to using google or Tor's home page.

Archived