I wouldn't advise that since Tor is slow. It's designed best for anonymity ^_^

• Replies 168
  • Views 120.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jordan de Souza

@Jordan de Souza:

I wouldn't advise that since Tor is slow. It's designed best for anonymity ^_^

Thank you for the information! =\ What could be a reliable yet free way to lower my ping? I know a few sites that promises that... =\

@Jordan de Souza:

The only program I know that matches your description is cFosSpeed ^_^

Jordan de Souza

@Jordan de Souza:

The only program I know that matches your description is cFosSpeed ^_^

Actually using it! ^^"

But thank you anyways! ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks nivrid05, I have struggled with the proxy hunt for the last time thanks to you. I have shared your fix on a few other site's, being sure to give you props for coming up with it. Again, many thanks Dude!

Cheers M8

So pleased I happened across this thread (& hence also this forum!) - having put up with the endless hassle of the Poland proxy hunt for what seems like an eternity, over the past week or so 99% of the proxies I found were met with an error during attempted updates, the result I suspect of an 'upgrade' to the latest Beta release. So I followed the procedure in the first post & immediate success :dance2:

I would add that updates are FAST, very fast compared to the naff old proxies.

One observation, after altering the torcc file to include the new ExitNodes, ensure the file is saved with Read-Only attribute - this prevents Tor from over-writing it with the default contents.

I simply set Vidalia to start with Windows but do not start Tor with Vidalia, so it sits there inactive in the notification area & does not interfere with browsing. Then when I wish to check for Ad Muncher updates it's simply a matter of Start Tor from the Vidalia icon in the tray first. When update is completed, Stop Tor.

Simples:)

having put up with the endless hassle of the Poland proxy hunt for what seems like an eternity, over the past week or so 99% of the proxies I found were met with an error during attempted updates, the result I suspect of an 'upgrade' to the latest Beta release. So I followed the procedure in the first post & immediate success :dance2:

I would add that updates are FAST, very fast compared to the naff old proxies.

I was using a Poland proxy for many months, but then I had the same problem recently. It has nothing to do with the Ad Muncher Beta — I'm using v4.81 Build 31376. Ad Muncher has become vigilant recently about blacklisting Polish proxies (sometime around 23-Sep-2010). So I followed the procedure in the first post too with the same success. :dance2:

Yes, the update was fast: both the advert list update check was fast (previously, connecting to free, anonymous Polish proxies was slow and unreliable) and the download was fast too.

+1 nivrid05 :D

Does this method for registering Ad Muncher still work?

I have just tried it and I keep getting a message saying that the "license can only be used from within Poland, and the address you are connecting from cannot have its location confirmed".

What am I doing wrong? :s

Sl@pSh0ck™

I have just tried it and I keep getting a message saying that the "license can only be used from within Poland, and the address you are connecting from cannot have its location confirmed".

have you set your exit nodes to {pl}? .. have you set up ad muncher to use a proxy? .... go back to post 1 and check what steps you might be missing.<br><br><br>

have you set your exit nodes to {pl}? .. have you set up ad muncher to use a proxy? .... go back to post 1 and check what steps you might be missing.<br><br><br>

Yes, I have followed all the instructions on the original post but I keep getting the "license can only be used from within Poland, and the address you are connecting from cannot have its location confirmed" message.

Sl@pSh0ck™

@loq

do you have TeamViewer installed on your PC? I can connect to your PC and set ad muncher and tor for you if you want.

@loq

do you have TeamViewer installed on your PC? I can connect to your PC and set ad muncher and tor for you if you want.

I appreciate your kind offer but I don't think there is anything more that you can do as I have followed the original instructions to the letter. I was able to start the 30-day trial when using Tor (which required a connection to the Ad Muncher servers) so perhaps the serial no longer works?

Sl@pSh0ck™

@loq

I appreciate your kind offer but I don't think there is anything more that you can do as I have followed the original instructions to the letter. I was able to start the 30-day trial when using Tor (which required a connection to the Ad Muncher servers) so perhaps the serial no longer works?

I will need to check the serial if it is working or not ... but with the error message your getting ... you are connecting to ad muncher server either not using tor or tor is not setup to use Polish exit nodes.

@loq

I will need to check the serial if it is working or not ... but with the error message your getting ... you are connecting to ad muncher server either not using tor or tor is not setup to use Polish exit nodes.

I can assure you that I am using Tor to connect to the Ad Muncher server and Tor is set up to use Polish exit nodes as instructed in the first post.

I know that I am using Tor to connect to the Ad Muncher server because when I first tried it Ad Muncher said that I was in the USA because Tor had overwritten the changes I made to the torrc file (I am actually in the UK). I then read the bit about making the torrc file read only and now I am getting the error message previously mentioned.

Sl@pSh0ck™

@ loq

I was able to recreate your issue so you are correct, somehow ad muncher is blocking all current Tor exit nodes from Poland ... I'll check if I can come up with something to bypass this block

I too am getting this problem today, even using Tor New Identity does not work.

Damn you Ad Muncher, what an annoying program. How is it circumventing Tor?

@ loq

I was able to recreate your issue so you are correct, somehow ad muncher is blocking all current Tor exit nodes from Poland ... I'll check if I can come up with something to bypass this block

I hope you can! :)

I see that Ad Muncher now only lets you try updating 10 times in a six-hour period, this is new also. Makes trying proxies very difficult.

Ideally we'd have a proper hack that does not involve these damn proxies, but I've never found one - must be one tough piece of code to crack.

I thought I'm the only one who has this problem...

AM is getting smart ! <_<

Edit:

I just now got premium update!!!

This is what I have here in the torrc:

(Vidalia)

http://pastebin.com/

Sharecode: 838ZXVjL

and option at AM:

SOCKS 5

Three days ago, I followed the instructions on my netbook and everything worked fine. But later I followed the instructions on my laptop PC, but three or four times I ran into the problem that loq reported. But when I tried again, everything worked fine.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Just tried registering Ad Muncher beta and the trick still works .... loq - the error we were getting might be an intermittent issue with ad muncher's registration server ... so party continues!!!

uTMEp.png

Everything worked great on my netbook three days ago, but when I tried now about three dozen times, all I see is this:

NwpVC.png

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same message. :(

Edit: I just tried it again with Ehsan's torrc file and it worked first time so it looks like the solution is in there somewhere! :D

Archived