Best Antivirus

Alanon

• Replies 70
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried Norton Internet Security 2010, ESET, Bitdefender Total Security 2010. Each has its strong points. Howver, Bitdender shows you hwat it is doing. Norton Internet Sceurity is good but a bit opaque. ESET I don't like.

NIS is not opaque, It gives very detailed logs and information if you know where to look for it.

Yes that is what I mean. You have to dig to find out what it is doing or has done.

I have tried Norton Internet Security 2010, ESET, Bitdefender Total Security 2010. Each has its strong points. Howver, Bitdender shows you hwat it is doing. Norton Internet Sceurity is good but a bit opaque. ESET I don't like.

NIS is not opaque, It gives very detailed logs and information if you know where to look for it.

Yes that is what I mean. You have to dig to find out what it is doing or has done.

Opaque because GUI is "user-friendly"...

• 3 weeks later...
Siddharta

Kaspersky Internet Security and Eset Smart Security are the very best!!! :dance2:

Anyway, here I endorse AVcomparatives last report on antivirus performance. Avira ranks very high but it also has several false positives I am afraid.

Conclusion, none is perfect. And as Jalaffa says, there is a crack in everything through which malware also enters ;)

i like them all

i'm just glad i can use any of them anytime , :D

variety is good

Bizarre™

@KotaXor:

Indeed. As long as it's man-made, it will not be perfect ^_^

Avira been so far doing a good job protecting my computer against most virus. You have to update it often though.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !! SO MANY OPENIONSSSSSSSSS :frusty:

Cant be there any way to find out what best suits the user based on some criteria, like what they do over there Machines / internet???

for me i was a big fan of ESET smart security, and now im using microsoft essential thingi , but i think its :blink: : CRAP : loool so im looking for other choices,

First, Common sense!!!

Second, check this site http://www.av-comparatives.org/ and decide what ever you want.

Third, use your antivirus with Sandboxie

Finally, Always update your OS(XP, Vista, Sev7en) and other apps.(Adobe, Winamp etc...)

For example. My protection.

@anees77

You can check This thread, Box has already made a great job on Norton releases

as far as the best AV , i'm sticking with G-data with BBs License For One year :D + Comodo Firewall

they're doing pretty good job , :dance2:

My preferences:

1. NAV with Comodo Firewall. The best feature about Norton is its use of multiprocessors to scan.

2. GData with Comodo Firewall. (2 engines: BitDefender/Avast)

3. NOD32 with Comodo Firewall.

4. Avira with Comodo Firewall.

I don't like Kaspersky because I takes forever to update.

BidDefender seems to always have compatibility issues.

McAfee is for IT know doesn't have a clue.

• 2 weeks later...
karachidude

My preferences:

1. NAV with Comodo Firewall. The best feature about Norton is its use of multiprocessors to scan..

I don't like Kaspersky because I takes forever to update.

BidDefender seems to always have compatibility issues.

McAfee is for IT know doesn't have a clue.

ditto :D

• 1 month later...

Archived