need help : error 0x80004001 in windows7

chlorophyll

• Administrator

why most of comodo applications so worstly designed(except comodo firewall)

even da comodo AV is bad i heared from u people.thats y til now i didnt even tested comodo firewall too,coz i had INSECURE feeling on COMODO.

SORRY here i know most of u r comodo firewall fans.i am not against u people.its just my opinion. :rolleyes:

@nivrid

thanks for ur suggestion.but sorry that ur system fkcued up.anyhow u can manage it i hope.

Disabling AV during installation is never gonna cause any problems. ;)

Comodo Firewall is my personal best. :)

• Replies 64
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, sounds like I need to get this Comodo TimeMachine... I've been telling myself I need to reinstall W7 for like two months, but never do it :P

Don't do it! You must resist the temptation to waste your life behind unnecessary reinstalls. As long as it works leave it. :lol:

@ravisoorya

just a tip, don't rely too much on windows default system restore function, I suggest you use rollback RX or EAZ fix instead, but never never use Comodo Timemachine (fucked up my laptop bigtime :lol: to the point of fresh reinstall of win7 :frusty: )

@nivrid05

heard many times about these programs for system restore rather than windows default application , but never tried them .

windows restore has worked for me , saved my a@@ many times .

how do they prove better than the windows system restore ?

thanks..

Maybe speaking out of turn, maybe not ( nobody was talking to me ).. BUT I use Acronis True Image..( converts to Windows Backup and Vice Versa )..so far an exact clone of the HD seems to work well.. I can even mount it as a Virtual HD.. Next is creating a VHD and installing it.. then overwriting it from the backup... It only takes about an hour for a 60 GB backup... so not too bad.. A quick fresh install.. then Recover from the Backup.. and your done or even one of the many different boot disc methods available..

I ventured away from System Restore for two reasons.. the first was because it took up too much space, and second because when you did a Restore it never covered certain areas.. Like registry.. and a few others.. it never seemed to do the trick.. if it changed certain things .. ( don't remember precisely, been too many years ) Just seemed pointless, Oh and it created a bunch of junk files instead of removing things.. so technically when something says it rolls something back or 'Restores' it to its condition at an earlier time.. and it doesn't.. What's the point.. I stopped using it 2000-2002 somewhere..

Over time you usually get well enough versed with your system, that you can live without it.. and the only necessary thing is just to backup, and store elsewhere or something.. So nothing is ever lost.. Apps, Settings, Mods.. all of it.. More to consider in a lot of cases.. Windows 7 and Vista offer the Repair which I think is much better for the system.. Other apps are easy... I wound up doing it the hard way.. making sure I have everything ( but I do have a lot )... then I did a clone.. that I could just drop on top of a fresh install.. It would be rare that it would be used.. the last one I did... was over four year ago.. until last week.. when I decided to upgrade to 7 Ultimate...

The big thing for me is having as much free-space as possible, and to have all space Erased and Shredded.. Only whats necessary... and being used on the system..

Acronis True Image is the 'best' (most fully featured, most reliable) in the field, I must agree ;)

Maybe speaking out of turn, maybe not ( nobody was talking to me ).. BUT I use Acronis True Image..( converts to Windows Backup and Vice Versa )..so far an exact clone of the HD seems to work well.. I can even mount it as a Virtual HD.. Next is creating a VHD and installing it.. then overwriting it from the backup... It only takes about an hour for a 60 GB backup... so not too bad.. A quick fresh install.. then Recover from the Backup.. and your done or even one of the many different boot disc methods available..

I ventured away from System Restore for two reasons.. the first was because it took up too much space, and second because when you did a Restore it never covered certain areas.. Like registry.. and a few others.. it never seemed to do the trick.. if it changed certain things .. ( don't remember precisely, been too many years ) Just seemed pointless, Oh and it created a bunch of junk files instead of removing things.. so technically when something says it rolls something back or 'Restores' it to its condition at an earlier time.. and it doesn't.. What's the point.. I stopped using it 2000-2002 somewhere..

Over time you usually get well enough versed with your system, that you can live without it.. and the only necessary thing is just to backup, and store elsewhere or something.. So nothing is ever lost.. Apps, Settings, Mods.. all of it.. More to consider in a lot of cases.. Windows 7 and Vista offer the Repair which I think is much better for the system.. Other apps are easy... I wound up doing it the hard way.. making sure I have everything ( but I do have a lot )... then I did a clone.. that I could just drop on top of a fresh install.. It would be rare that it would be used.. the last one I did... was over four year ago.. until last week.. when I decided to upgrade to 7 Ultimate...

The big thing for me is having as much free-space as possible, and to have all space Erased and Shredded.. Only whats necessary... and being used on the system..

heath28m , u are never out of turn ....:)

thanks for the info.

yes i have found this ,sometimes, that after performing a system restore , the mess i made is cleared up , but sometimes some different problems come up .

if i remember well , ... once some firefox addons just vanished ( tor, aniweather , cooliris etc , and had to restore the firefox back up , to repair this ....)

once , advanced system care had the same problem ,

once orbit's video catcher stopped working ..

trivial problems to the ones i cooked .

but yes , they did come up.

and yes vista restore points are huge.

have to manually clean the old ones , to get free space .

so was , inquisitive about these programs .

honestly , heard a lot about , acronis too.

but again never tried .

so , if i get your statement right , acronis restores your drive image ( all installed programs and personal data , minus the operating software ) , after a new OS install ???

what i wanted to know , is , what is a good option of rolling back changes ( like system restore ..) if we want to set our system back to when it was normal , that is the 'easy way' of undoing damages ?

and not going for an entire disc image , 'the hard way', as u yourself say , its a rare chance .....

and one more thing , how useful is the Neosmart recovery disc ?

coz in my advanced set up screen , ( before the windows boot ) , there is an option of .." Startup Repair " .

the recovery disc does the same , or is it different ?

thanks ..

Another hater of 'System Restore' here. Prefer imaging once a month and use mirroring to backup on a daily basis. ;)

Sl@pSh0ck™

@nivrid05

heard many times about these programs for system restore rather than windows default application , but never tried them .

thanks..

System Restore protects system files only and not your programs, user settings or your data. This means that if System Restore is used to fix a problem, your entire system will not be restored. System Restore also uses a large amount of hard disk, generally anywhere from 5 to 15 percent.

With RollbackRX (my choice) it only uses a small percentage of your hard disk and can even restore files if your computer is unable to load Windows. I also like the recover files functionality, where in you can recover files from your existing snapshots that is not available on your current system anymore.

chlorophyll

@nivrid

nice info.thank u

can u pm link for RollbackRX.is there in our forum?i never saw this appl on our forum.am i wrong??

thanks for the info.

yes i have found this ,sometimes, that after performing a system restore , the mess i made is cleared up , but sometimes some different problems come up .

if i remember well , ... once some firefox addons just vanished ( tor, aniweather , cooliris etc , and had to restore the firefox back up , to repair this ....)

but again never tried .

so , if i get your statement right , acronis restores your drive image ( all installed programs and personal data , minus the operating software ) , after a new OS install ???

what i wanted to know , is , what is a good option of rolling back changes ( like system restore ..) if we want to set our system back to when it was normal , that is the 'easy way' of undoing damages ?

and not going for an entire disc image , 'the hard way', as u yourself say , its a rare chance .....

coz in my advanced set up screen , ( before the windows boot ) , there is an option of .." Startup Repair " .

thanks ..

Actually with Acronis you have the option of doing it several ways... with or without.. and you can create a Recovery Boot Disc, Like I mentioned before.. and I believe that a clone could be done this way.. The thing I am not sure about is rather or not Permissions and Ownership with Vista and 7 would disallow this action.. ( The problem comes that I have not screwed up my system so bad yet that I have to use it..LOL .. so I am unsure.. It will come.. I know it will.. one day.. LOL ) I personally think that Acronis is worth the install... Even to try it out..

It will also has an option to "Try&Decide"..

The Try&Decide feature allows creating a secure, controlled temporary workspace on your computer without requiring you to install special virtualization software. You can perform various system operations not worrying that you might damage your operating system, programs or data.

After making virtual changes, you may apply them to your original system. If you make changes that you want to keep, you might want to commit those changes to the system. Among the operations you may attempt with this feature is to open mail attachments from unknown senders or visit websites that might contain potentially troublesome content.

I think is much like Sandboxie.. Except with better options..

I also have two versions ( 2009 and 2010 ) of Spotmau PowerSuite.. many good things about it...including Drive Clone from Bootable.. Lots of Features.. Used it since it used to be PC Beginner 2007.. Haven't installed on Windows 7 yet.. I did my Mom and Dads but not this one.. We'll see.. I am trying to have the best of each thing.. but only one.. with the best options for my use.. so keeping it down to a minimum... I have an arsenal when it comes to some of this stuff but I fear redundancy..efficiency and usefulness.. especially with the many conditions that can be created with several different types of issues..

But yeah anyway.. Lots to squeeze in there.. :) I hate to open my Computer CD case.. and see like 10 Boot CD's .. and I still have yet to install AFAIK for 7.. upgrading, change over and validity per OS/Operation.. including things like the ESET Recovery Discs.. and so on...

Sl@pSh0ck™

@nivrid

nice info.thank u

can u pm link for RollbackRX.is there in our forum?i never saw this appl on our forum.am i wrong??

It's on crackheads forum ;)

Rollback RX Homepage

Fix by Tonyblair

site: www.mediafire.com
sharecode: /?sharekey=4a27d6862cf9c4db61d4646c62b381cb2b719f88ee4faa1f5be6ba49b5870170
pass: nsaneforums

fix for ver 9.1 is on page 3 of his folder.

@nivrid05

thanks..

System Restore protects system files only and not your programs, user settings or your data. This means that if System Restore is used to fix a problem, your entire system will not be restored. System Restore also uses a large amount of hard disk, generally anywhere from 5 to 15 percent.

With RollbackRX (my choice) it only uses a small percentage of your hard disk and can even restore files if your computer is unable to load Windows. I also like the recover files functionality, where in you can recover files from your existing snapshots that is not available on your current system anymore.

thanks for the info.

but again never tried .

thanks ..

Actually with Acronis you have the option of doing it several ways... with or without.. and you can create a Recovery Boot Disc, Like I mentioned before.. and I believe that a clone could be done this way.. The thing I am not sure about is rather or not Permissions and Ownership with Vista and 7 would disallow this action.. ( The problem comes that I have not screwed up my system so bad yet that I have to use it..LOL .. so I am unsure.. It will come.. I know it will.. one day.. LOL ) I personally think that Acronis is worth the install... Even to try it out..

It will also has an option to "Try&Decide"..

The Try&Decide feature allows creating a secure, controlled temporary workspace on your computer without requiring you to install special virtualization software. You can perform various system operations not worrying that you might damage your operating system, programs or data.

After making virtual changes, you may apply them to your original system. If you make changes that you want to keep, you might want to commit those changes to the system. Among the operations you may attempt with this feature is to open mail attachments from unknown senders or visit websites that might contain potentially troublesome content.

I think is much like Sandboxie.. Except with better options..

I also have two versions ( 2009 and 2010 ) of Spotmau PowerSuite.. many good things about it...including Drive Clone from Bootable.. Lots of Features.. Used it since it used to be PC Beginner 2007.. Haven't installed on Windows 7 yet.. I did my Mom and Dads but not this one.. We'll see.. I am trying to have the best of each thing.. but only one.. with the best options for my use.. so keeping it down to a minimum... I have an arsenal when it comes to some of this stuff but I fear redundancy..efficiency and usefulness.. especially with the many conditions that can be created with several different types of issues..

But yeah anyway.. Lots to squeeze in there.. :) I hate to open my Computer CD case.. and see like 10 Boot CD's .. and I still have yet to install AFAIK for 7.. upgrading, change over and validity per OS/Operation.. including things like the ESET Recovery Discs.. and so on...

@nivrid

nice info.thank u

It's on crackheads forum ;)

Rollback RX Homepage

Fix by Tonyblair

site: www.mediafire.com
sharecode: /?sharekey=4a27d6862cf9c4db61d4646c62b381cb2b719f88ee4faa1f5be6ba49b5870170
pass: nsaneforums

fix for ver 9.1 is on page 3 of his folder.

thanks heath .

just downloaded acronis , from the home page .

goin to fiddle it .

( try n decide . seems interesting . )

lets see.

@nivrid05

thanks for the link.

guys i also came across two more programs .

paragon backup and restore

and

macrium reflect .

they are free .

(download.com)

any idea or comment about these ?

Sl@pSh0ck™

@majithia

never tried both ... so no comment :lol:

Archived