need help : error 0x80004001 in windows7

chlorophyll

I don't think it is related to opera. You said you have deleted office also? Might be that one but not too sure though.

I concur, I think it's msi installer related but not entirely sure.

• Replies 64
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

try to unlock it then delete, don't worry we are not messing with any system files here. :lol:

EDIT: ooppss I misunderstood your last post, so no unlocker then, try deleting it via cmd

chlorophyll

pls wait i wil give feedback.pls be in touch.i am doing it now

chlorophyll

hhmm i tried by cmd method.message came like this

file not found

chlorophyll

what to do??i cant delete it wth unloaker too?? :fear:

Sl@pSh0ck™

:fear: can you take ownership of that file, then delete it?

right click - properties - security - advance - owner, change ownership to your user id.

if do you have malwarebytes installed, you can try using fileassasin to delete that.

chlorophyll

thats what i am sayng.when right clicked "properties option" i was unable to see that

only 3 options i could see when right clicked cut,shortcut,delete.but these 3 functions were not working

Sl@pSh0ck™

read my updated post above re: malwarebytes

chlorophyll

ok now i wil install mbam

chlorophyll

really bad for me.installed mbam.n when i opened file assasin mbam detected al files from my desktop.but twist is this fu''kng file was invisible to mbam.

Sl@pSh0ck™

wtf :o .... will get back at you later, your pc is not running unusually slow right?

chlorophyll

yeah it fine.till now no probs

chlorophyll

@nvirid05

hey hey u know what happened????

as i dont use mbam i uninstalled it now.it asked me to restart.so i restarted.surprisingly NOW DA FCUKNIG FILE IS NOT THERE

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

thanks for being with til now to solve my problem.donno how it solved.can u expect which method solved my problem.just before restarting my pc i scanned for registry with TUNEUP.is this which solved my problem?

chlorophyll

even da problem solved we shud not close this topic here.we have to find whats this problem n shud also know how its solved

Sl@pSh0ck™

Glad it's over now :lol: .... I think tuneup registry scan fixed your problem ;)

I have noticed some odd things happening like this in several systems.. then they just disappear..Its weird..right now I am fighting with my admin account and my notification Icons.. which are pixelated and oversized for some reason.. Working out the kinks..LOL I dunno.

chlorophyll

oh no really?? i wish ur problem wil be solved quicker than mine :rolleyes:

pls report here about da updates of ur problem

i mean whats da problem and how u solved it ,so that others could know it n rectify themselves by seeing here if they face da same problem as u faced

• Administrator

Filename was related to Office OneNote as nirvid mentioned. But it's somewhere connected to the registry. So TuneUp did the job for you. ;)

chlorophyll

@dkt27

yeah thanks for da info :rolleyes:

Sl@pSh0ck™

@ravisoorya

just a tip, don't rely too much on windows default system restore function, I suggest you use rollback RX or EAZ fix instead, but never never use Comodo Timemachine (fucked up my laptop bigtime :lol: to the point of fresh reinstall of win7 :frusty: )

• Administrator

It's best to disable windows restore and try something else.

About Comodo, I remember Lite's words.

My two cents: Comodo are very much a jack of all trades. So many applications. Most poorly written and not supported to any extent. Use with caution.

chlorophyll

why most of comodo applications so worstly designed(except comodo firewall)

even da comodo AV is bad i heared from u people.thats y til now i didnt even tested comodo firewall too,coz i had INSECURE feeling on COMODO.

SORRY here i know most of u r comodo firewall fans.i am not against u people.its just my opinion. :rolleyes:

@nivrid

thanks for ur suggestion.but sorry that ur system fkcued up.anyhow u can manage it i hope.

Well mine worked itself out.. I previously crashed Windows 7 Ultimate ( not this machine ) trying to apply Custom Styles.. So I actually finally successfully accomplished this by using VistaGlazz ( current version ).. and by only adding Permissions ( a three step process ) rather than taking full ownership of the explorer and ExplorerFrame.Dll.. ( which I think was my problem before.. ).. Anyway.. I got the Style installed and applied the Theme.. then customized Aero from there.. it had something to do with the switching of the themes and settings in that area.. so I had to go back in and change the size of the icons and they refreshed.. I have a hard time finding Styles that look good without having Aero.. and DirectX 9 or greater support on my chip nor the power to push it..

Many of you will find this funny because this is not a far cry from what my system looked like before.. but I am not finished yet.. so still working but getting close.. I have still not optimized 7 and it still is outrunning XP... BUT I have noticed that when running consecutive tasks and putting it under pressure that it tends to slow a little.. but I think that will change once I get everything tweaked like I want.. and know what I have done so I can undo it properly..

Man.. I STILLL have so much to do... Screenie with Firefox .. Samurize.. ( not dead yet.. still wondering why I cannot call the HD temp and status.. claims SMART is not installed or working but.. I didn't have it to begin with.. maybe WMI problem.. don't want to run an outside app.. ) TaskBar and Explorer.. ( Thus far.. ) 7Pro by krissik.. small but you get the idea.. ( and I will probably take it down later.. ) LOL.. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Removed attachment

chlorophyll

OK CARRY ON.... :)

@ravisoorya

just a tip, don't rely too much on windows default system restore function, I suggest you use rollback RX or EAZ fix instead, but never never use Comodo Timemachine (fucked up my laptop bigtime :lol: to the point of fresh reinstall of win7 :frusty: )

Hmmm, sounds like I need to get this Comodo TimeMachine... I've been telling myself I need to reinstall W7 for like two months, but never do it :P

Archived