need help : error 0x80004001 in windows7

chlorophyll

chlorophyll

hi frenz

sinc this morning i recognised a new file on my desktop.donno how it came on to my destop.trying to delete.but its not possible for me.its coming like "error 0x80004001"

whats this.pls help me??

my system config win7 ult x86 intel core 2 duo ,1.80 ghz

• Replies 64
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You notice a new file or an Error Message.. If it is a file please tell me what 'file'. If this has to do with updates this is easy to fix.. Also let me know of any recent changes you have made.. including installations or optimizations you have made recently..

EDIT: Also if your running Beta or RC version of Windows.. I found several results in a search on Metacrawler... from Backup to Key Validation..

chlorophyll

yeah its a file.when i am trying to delete it message displayed like that.recently i uninstalled opera this morning and installed opera 10.50.

mine is win7 ult (not beta or rc version).i wil submit screen shot of that message

one day back i uninstalled ms office 2007.

Sl@pSh0ck™

What is the file name of that your trying to delete? and am I right your getting the error message only when trying to delete that file?<br><br>if you just want to delete that file, you can just try this:<br><br>run cmd<br>type Del "file_name"<br><br><br>*** but post the screenshot first before proceeding in deleting it, just to be sure.<br>

Yeah, post a screenshot of the file first ;)

If none of the other suggestions work you should try Unlocker.

chlorophyll

sorry sorry i was unable to give feedback meanwhile.powercut here.

uploading the screen shot below.actually when i deleted da file its being deleted and again it reappears on da screen.so to check da properties of da file i cut da file from desktop to paste it in other folder to see its properties.so while pasting it i was able to see like below

2przaxf.jpg

chlorophyll

@nivrid

as u asked me -- mine is not a legal copy.i just downloaded win7 ult from torrents and activated it by win7 loader by daz

Sl@pSh0ck™

Ok, then it's not related to any validation error. What is the file name of that one your trying to delete?

chlorophyll

yeah u can see it screen shot

Sl@pSh0ck™

you can try deleting it via cmd - run as admin, then type Del "file_name"

chlorophyll

ok i wil delete as u said n wil give u feed back.

chlorophyll

one more doubt ??r u sure that i may not get into trouble if i delete that file??dont mind just for safe side i asked again

chlorophyll

i was unble to see its file name??is that the file name which is located on da file starting with 5858??

Sl@pSh0ck™

No, but run sfc /scannow after deleting the file just to be sure.

Sl@pSh0ck™

is it possible to right click the file then click properties?

chlorophyll

SO i am going to type like this in cmd

Del"{5858A72C-C2B4-4DD7-B2BF-B76DB1BD9F6C}"

am i right

chlorophyll

no i was unable to see properties when right clicked

If you want to delete the file your probably going to have to Take Ownership either through 'Properties' or otherwise... The delete it.. The 'file' as your calling it.. with that name ( unless you have extensions hidden from display ) should be a folder.. That folder should have something to do with an installation of a program.

I would try uninstalling.. or reinstalling Opera versions.. starting with uninstalling the current one.. and see if the file disappears. No program or system installation should ever appear on your desktop.. Either way it should be an empty folder and no harm in deleting it..

Even if it does.. You can also repair your system files or reinstall the application..

Sl@pSh0ck™

Del "space" "filename"

{5858A72C-C2B4-4DD7-B2BF-B76DB1BD9F6C} - isn't this a onenote namespace ext?

Don't forget your space after Del..

EDIT: You may even try shredding or deleting the file on Reboot.. which is usually an option n most file shredders and CFI Shell Toys.. Maybe the Unlocker shought mentioned..

chlorophyll

i forgot to say one thing.i uninstalled opera 10.10 and installed 10.50.when i thought that it could be due to opera uninstallation and installation of new version i made system restore to its original place where 10.10 was installed.now still its appearing on my dasktop.so i think that its not related to opera.am i wrong??

Sl@pSh0ck™

I don't think it is related to opera. You said you have deleted office also? Might be that one but not too sure though.

chlorophyll

when right clicked i was unable too see unlocker option too,unlocker already installed on my system

chlorophyll

so i am going to delete it by cmd??

Archived