Solve the computer boot display GRUB and can not enter the Windows problem.

FlyLowrie

This problem usually occurs on computers running both Windows and Linux.This problem occurs when you use Windows' built-in formatting function to delete the Linux system installed on your disk(For details, please see the following figure).If you fit the picture then this article will help you.

GNU GRUB (Grand Unified Bootloader "GRUB" for short) is a multi-operating system boot program from the GNU project.GRUB is an implementation of the Multiple Boot Specification, which allows users to have multiple operating systems on a computer at the same time and select which operating system they want to run when the computer is booted.Today's mainstream Linux versions typically use GRUB to boot.

However, we used the Windows built-in formatting function to delete Linux which caused the GRUB configuration file to be lost and caused this error.

First we have to get into Windows.

Begin by typing the following code after "GRUB >" to query the disk and Disk partition that exist on the device.

ls

Then you can see code similar to the one shown below.(If "BIOS+MBR" format is the first line of code.If the format is "UEFI+GPT", it is the second line of code.)

(hd0) (hd0,Msdos3) (hd0, msdos2) (hd0, Msdos1)  #BIOS+MBR

(hd0) (hd,gpt4) (hd,gpt3) (hd0,gpt2) (hd0,gpt1) #UEFI+GPT

"hd0" stands for the computer's first hard disk."hd1", "hd2" and so on will appear if your computer has more hard drives.

"Msdos1  (gpt1)" usually represents the first partition of the computer.

For example, "hd0, Msdos1" represents the first partition of the first disk.

---------------------

We then enter the following code to find out which disk partition the Windows boot file is on.Here I choose to start looking for the boot files on the first partition of the first disk.

(Here are two situations, please choose one of them according to your computer)

BIOS+MBR:

ls (hd0,1)/ bootmgr

If you do not receive an error message and instead display "BOOTMGR," the boot file is successfully found on the first partition of the first disk.If you receive an error message, change the disk or partition and try again.

Because I find the boot file on the first partition of the first disk on my computer and we continue to type the following command.

set root=(hd0, 1)

If there is no prompt, the setup is successful, and let's proceed with the following code.

chainloader +1

If there is no prompt, the setup is successful, and let's proceed with the following code.

boot

In general, you can access Windows from here.After success look at the third point.

UEFI+GPT:

Enter the following code to find out which disk and partition the Windows EFI boot file is on.

ls (hd0,1)/efi/microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi 

If you do not receive an error message and instead display "bootmgfw.efi" the boot file is successfully found on the first partition of the first disk.If you receive an error message, change the disk or partition and try again.

Because I find the boot file on the first partition of the first disk on my computer and we continue to type the following command.

set root=(hd0,1)

chainloader /efi/microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi

If you do not receive an error message, the setup is successful.

boot

In general, you can access Windows from here.After success look at the third point.

---------------------

After successfully entering the Windows system we can look for some software on the Internet to change our master boot record.We will change the "GRUB" bootstrap to the "Windows NTLoader" bootstrap.For example, we can use the software "Bootice"(by Pauly).You can find it in a Google search.

The above is my experience in solving this error, I hope to help you.If you find this article helpful, please click "I like it". It's very important to me.

grub error.jpg

• Views 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived