Office 2010 Fixes & Discussion

Toshiro

• Replies 411
  • Views 51.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW what was that stuff about IIS being required for HTTPS(do you even know the meaning of them) ?

I was having problem while loading HTTPS sites, after deleting some services that caused stability problems at my computer. I did installed IIS and they solved.

Hi José Matías Lemos,

in order to help the understanding of this "IIS" abbreviation, please find here a brief definition :

IIS = Internet Information Services.

By default, web browsing is being performed by use of the HTTP protocol, i.e. a connection between the client computer (using a web browser) to the web server (using IIS, Apache or any other sort of web server program). HTTP relies on TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and uses port 80 on the listening server. 

The main security issue with HTTP is the fact that all the traffic between the client and the server is done as clear text, meaning that anyone could potentially "listen" to your talk and grab frames and valuable information from the net.

To secure the transmission of information between your web server running IIS 6.0 on Windows and your browser clients, you can encrypt the information being transmitted by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).

In order to successfully use SSL you need to obtain a Server Certificate.

Cheers  :)

@ROH1T

tell them to "activate by phone" when activation runs out. seems like they dont know it. :rolleyes:

actually you discussed phone activation here if I'm not mistaken. I just chose that post, cause it had the pic with the confirmation message.

Look mate, let's stop getting personal and try to do something constructive and innovative for the Board and it's members. I'm not the kind to flame others . . . . . . . . . . unless provoked to. ;)

It's never too late to make a new beginning.

Sure why not but for the last time cryptographic service is responsible for encryption used in SSL/TLS through which an HTTPS connection is established & has nothing to do with IIS ! Now this isn't to stir up another round of debate but to clear the air over the previous one.

The only doubt I have about that famous key is whether Microsoft could block the software later somehow. They cannot be so foolish!!!! :think:

The only doubt I have about that famous key is whether Microsoft could block the software later somehow. They cannot be so foolish!!!! :think:

Well they can like what they did to the Lenovo(OEM) Windows 7 master key which got leaked before Windows 7 started shipping(OR was it before it was

RTM) though highly unlikely in any case !

The possibility of this MAK being leaked from MS is almost non-existent so in all probability its leaked either through an OEM(in which case it'll be easier to blacklist & eventually block it) OR a large enterprise like IBM(if so will be harder to block this particular key).

i have another MAK currently at 17K remaining activation and never been used for quite some time. though im not sure how many times it was refilled.

If the keys are from across the border(CN/RU) it'll be doubly tough for M$ to block them(might well have been supplied to a gov entity) !

Is there a Blue edition?

I think that "Blue Edition" is just a release with a key (blacklisted ?) inserted in the build...

Not really good as we think...

Cheers.

++

@Leet Pirate somhow the link is not working

I just tested it and it seems to be working, anyhow I added a multiupload mirror so you should be able to get it now. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the MAKs are dead.

PS: Office 2010 Toolkit 2.0 is out of BETA. Perhaps it could be added to the first post like a few people have suggested?

Somebody, please add CODYQX4's Office 2010 Toolkit - have personally tested it on a number of systems and it's long overdue.

Site:http://www.multiupload.com/

Code:WJSN9ALBDL

Archived