Office 2010 Fixes & Discussion

Toshiro

Wow never thought it will be that easy. Thanks :) Time make my custom version.

I have the full x86, I want to grab x64 as well. Guess I just wait the non select volume release for x64. Downloading huge file only ok if it is on ifile.it, else it will never be done lol.

• Replies 411
  • Views 51.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow never thought it will be that easy. Thanks :) Time make my custom version.

I have the full x86, I want to grab x64 as well. Guess I just wait the non select volume release for x64. Downloading huge file only ok if it is on ifile.it, else it will never be done lol.

My releases are in 6 parts each, you could DL from a different site for each part (RS for Part1, MegaUpload for Part2, etc), you should be able to DL in parallel that way. Just do it while you can, as pieces get removed, you get less flexibility and I cannot check MU links easily or REUP fast due to crappy UL speed.

They include Pro Plus, Visio Premium, and Project Pro. If you have full x86 already, then do what I did to get it like this, and DL the x64 version the way I mention above.

BTW, I got most of the x64 of iFile.it links I found that have all expired now, and the DL on it blew RS and Hotfile away. UploadingDOTcom had the crappiest speed I have ever seen, so avoid that site like the plague.

Just to illustrate PowerISO's .DAA format compression power, i was able to compress the old release..

MICROSOFT.OFFICE.2010.PROFESSIONAL.RTM-ESCROW.X86.VOLUME.ENGLISH-WZT

---

BUILD: 14.0.4734.1000

FILE: 14.0.4734.1000_ProfessionalPlus_volume_x86_en-us.iso

SIZE: 767,623,168 byte (732 MB)

---

into

---

BUILD: 14.0.4734.1000

FILE: 14.0.4734.1000_ProfessionalPlus_volume_x86_en-us.daa

SIZE: 674,825,559 bytes (643 MB)

---

Not much, but i think it's good enough for safe keeping. ;)

EDIT

-Ok, i've just updated my office from .4734 to .4763 but when i check the Help>About it says 4760. Is this correct?

• Administrator

I was just reading a thread and found that ESET, so far, doesn't support Office 2010. If you use Office 2010, you'll have to remember that you'd unprotected in my of the cases.

Downloaded office yesterday, been testing it till now.

Download went fine, installed just Word, Excel and Powerpoint (everyone separetly) and used the KMS activator 1.1

Have to point out that I also installed proofing tools

Everything was great, but after testing Word for a while by doing some stuff for college Word just stoped responding in few occasions.

It happend when I i tried to do a spell check, to see if it works properly. Somehow when I do spell check and when I click to ignore a wrong spelled word and close the window my language switched from Croatian to Polish regardless off automatic language detection being off (bug huh?), and after trying to right click in the document while spell checking Word gives me some suggestiong what words could I use, and when I choose one the program stops responding.

I end the process (Word becomes "more white" and windows gives me an option to end the process), the program dissappears but is running as seen in task manager, and I can't end it by any normal way. I can start Word again normally, but can't edit the document it frozze on. When I try to open the document it says it's read-only and in use, recovery also fails, but Word says it recovered the doc succesfully.

The second case it stoped responding was while typing some numbers, I was typing and noticed my num-lock was off, so I quickly turned it on and started typing the numbers when, guess what? Word stoped responding and I couldn't terminate it like before.

And yea, when I try to restart my pc it just can't shutdown normally (automaticall process ending is on ofc) so i have to turn it down by force ^_^

Don't know if it has to do anything with the KMS activator, or maybe noob programmers getting money for bringing few new things that are actually good and usefull, making and editing icons for the ribbon interface that is now in every app( wow, couldn't do it for office 2007) and all that in a 4 year period??!

Anyone with similar strange problems, like non responding?

I am testing both 32bit and 64bit on windows 7 virtual machines. Something really makes me wonder if this is the real "RTM" volume version.

The Office 2010 Professional Plus, Project 2010 Professional and Visio 2010 Premium both showed as 14.0.4763.1000 at the Control Panel Program Install/Unstall. However, in the help area of each app, all of them indicated that the version is 14.0.4760.1000. A more strange situation which I didn't see it in previous Office versions are that every apps in their properties showed with different version number, in this case its like this:

Access 14.0.4750.1000

Excel 14.0.4756.1000

InfoPath 14.0.4763.1000

OneNote 14.0.4763.1000

Outlook 14.0.4760.1000

PowerPoint 14.0.4754.1000

Project 14.0.4751.1000

Publisher 14.0.4750.1000

SharePoint 14.0.4761.1000

Visio 14.0.4756.1000

Word 14.0.4762.1000

Are we really getting the "RTM"? Or perhaps someone have evidence to confirm that this is Microsoft's new policy - they don't have unitfied version number for their office suite.

@ alloanwong

You're running the RTM. The version difference is not a discrepancy but by design from Microsoft's side. :)

@ Ferocity

Have simulated your environment almost completely (except for the language.) The issue you mention does not replicate itself for me. Can you try to configure your 'options' as per the following screenshot with the Croatian language set to default instead of English.

ou5e6t.jpg

I have a question.. how to install or get past serial input screen..

You DL'd the Non VL version, didn't you? There is no way around the input, I think there are leaked keys that cannot be activated or KMS activated.

I'd just stick with the VL version since there currently is no good way to activate non VL version.

There is a leaked key starting with: 6QFDX

Search for it on Google for it, but I doubt you'll be able to activate it.

Well I had a Technet download.. and I am about to shred it.. but I also have a disc that was a 3.4 GB ISO I think.. and I haven't tried it yet.. but I am still running 4514.. ( have issues when editing Excel Spreadsheets embedded in Word.. GRRR ).. anyway.. I need to upgrade.. I went through the uninstall try to re-install and upgrade thing twice before re-installing the original.. If that is not the case anymore I will wipe and clean and do a fresh installation with the ISO.. ( so much crap and confusion trying to get the valid current and get it right.. wear a person out..LOL )

Office 2010 fixes are all half baked at this point.

The KMS has been hit or miss for me, the Beta Frankenbuild trick screws it up, and there is a hack on MDL that tries a RemoveWAT like approach but causes constant crash and office apps stay in memory after close.

I tried Ravi fix, made it say activated, but I checked days using ospp.vbs and had 30 counting down, so I don't think it works either.

Somebody should just patch the activation crap like in 2007 and be done with it. Still, we'd need some keys for VL/MAK anyway, I only see MSDN Retail keys online.

I'm working on an activation toolkit for Office 2010, it won't provide a new crack, but will have some useful things in it, including activation backup/restore (this will need testing as I only got one PC, and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use one backup on different PC).

Office 2010 product guides (PDF and XPS files) are available for download from Microsoft.

Brief Description

The Office 2010 product guides provide an overview of what’s new in your favorite Microsoft Office programs and a deeper look at benefits across all Office 2010 programs, as well as Office Web Apps and Office Mobile 2010.

I have a question.. how to install or get past serial input screen..

You DL'd the Non VL version, didn't you? There is no way around the input, I think there are leaked keys that cannot be activated or KMS activated.

I'd just stick with the VL version since there currently is no good way to activate non VL version.

There is a leaked key starting with: 6QFDX

Search for it on Google for it, but I doubt you'll be able to activate it.

Thank you ! ^_^

There are two keys for Retail version.

I'm testing my French Retail version right now.

Do you know if with just a serial, it bypass OGA and online activation ? And what about blacklisting ?

++

PS: Installed but ask me to activate it by phone or internet, before 29 days. What should I do ?

I would wait it out as you get 180 days with the official rearm.

As far as I know, you can activate retail version offline by phone officially but not via fix or leaked key, but might not be able to for the select edition (also known as the VL version). The retail only just came out so the crackers will need time to play with it before a solution is near, that's why you have to be patient.

Only question remains is that can you activate the VL version offline? :unsure:

BTW.. double-check your hosts file.. mine was completely deleted because of its activity.. So all custom entries will be lost ( unless you use something like HostsMan.. )

I guess my only option is to go back and install the first Beta.. use my old keys and fight the issue with Word/Excel..

The volume editions have been leaked from Wzor. It reports that no key is needed when installing but not sure if you still need one to activate it afterwards. :s

The 32-bit and 64-bit are combined in one image in the volume versions, Wzor says they are official versions.

The volume editions have been leaked from Wzor. It reports that no key is needed when installing but not sure if you still need one to activate it afterwards. wacko.gif

The 32-bit and 64-bit are combined in one image in the volume versions, Wzor says they are official versions.

No key needed at all for KMS in the Wzor release.

Sorry but what is Wzor.. I found one place well several that mention it but nothing linking back.. LOL

Some Russian site that leaks MS stuff.

Archived