Official PrivaZer Support

PrivaZer Team

21 hours ago, marsorbit said:

I take this opportunity to congratulate the Privazer Team for the great software that I have been using for years with satisfaction.

Nevertheless I'm personally waiting for the next update because this new feature of the "delayed prompt" (Site: https://www.wilderssecurity.com
Sharecode [?]: /threads/privazer-discussion-thread.341840/page-116#post-3142093 ) is not only useless to me, but I find it very annoying.

Thank you for your work

Well my friend, not everybody is as familiarized with the app as you are.  Also, as cleaning after scan is automatically enabled, many users might not have clear understanding of what they are doing.  I believe this is the last resort for users to make a last minute decision, if they are not sure what is happening next.  Please keep novice users like me in mind.  ;)

Edited by DLord
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 10:48 PM, DLord said:

Well my friend, not everybody is as familiarized with the app as you are.  Also, as cleaning after scan is automatically enabled, many users might not have clear understanding of what they are doing.  I believe this is the last resort for users to make a last minute decision, if they are not sure what is happening next.  Please keep novice users like me in mind.  ;)

Of course I undersand what you mean. 

First off, let me say I'm sorry if I appeared unsympathetic or worst ( actually I just write in a lousy English) and there isn't no criticism or controversy from this side.

It was meant to be personal feedback.

Getting back to the point of the 5' warning pop-up, I agree that It's definitely subjective, although I don't find it's much about being more or less skilled in using the sw.

For me it just slows down the use of Privazer. Besides I think that if a user is new to it, fearful/insecure or is prone to second-guessing, he could more practically excluding the idea of using Privazer (whose deletion is permanent) from the context menu for everyday uses, like Recycle bin's empty, or - exactly as you remembered - simply uncheck the Automatic Start in the options menu. For the same reason I don't get why me or another user cannot disable this delayed start. 🙂

Edited by marsorbit
  • Like 3

Akaneharuka

Pardon me, I have discovered a new glitch. Despite setting the delay timer to 0 seconds,

the program continues to count down for 5 seconds whenever I use the "delete without trace" function, as shown in the screenshot below. This is quite frustrating.

EMXMmuc.png

@PrivaZer Team Hi,

Would it be possible to see the cleanup list before cleaning, specially when using "Scan specific traces"?

It would be very helpful to be able to double check important items like registry keys before deleting them.

Thanks.

PrivaZer Team

@DLord

The exact list is not available when scanning but it is after cleanups with the possibility to recover)

When scanning the registry, simply check the result here :

image.thumb.png.7c5873cd08f74c01dde8861532faf913.png

Click on the link " xx - Traces" or "xx - Scans performed" to see a list

Tick the checkbox "save registry" at the bottom-right corner

When cleanup is completed, click on "See" to see what was cleaned.

If you want to recover, go here :

image.thumb.png.6e8d424716971bbed01fa3ca7e0616ab.png

image.thumb.png.fbb8f30f2635d29f8fb6747e8e2bd1c5.png

Double-click on the file too see its content :

image.thumb.png.e8c382e5e64c7e9c1a42374ca7f5305b.png

Click on "Restore" to recover.

Hope it helps,

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PrivaZer Team said:

The exact list is not available when scanning but it is after cleanups

Thank you for the clarification and I appreciate the hard work you guys are doing, but that was my whole request, to be able to see the list before the cleanup.  Obviously it is generated and available before the cleanup, so it would be very helpful to make it accessible at that stage.  Now I understand how difficult it is to address every request and it is an extra workload for the develop team, but perhaps in time these small added features would further refine this great software.

• 2 weeks later...
Akaneharuka

On each occasion when I run a deep scan of my computer using PrivaZer, the program eliminates the shortcut I created for a portable app on my desktop. Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

PrivaZer Team

Hello @Akaneharuka

I presume that your portable app is not available  when you clean with PrivaZer

that makes PrivaZer consider that the shortcut is not valid.

Simply untick this checkbox here :

image.thumb.png.ab1e799ec405d32864ba196cb147456d.png

OK ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PrivaZer Team

@DLord

In fact, we do not have easily the list of items when scanning because PrivaZer is focused on showing you the retrievable activity traces.

BUT we could have it while "simulating" a cleanup.

What about a "simulate" button that would not perform the  real cleanup but only list the items that would have been cleaned ?

17 hours ago, PrivaZer Team said:

@DLord

In fact, we do not have easily the list of items when scanning because PrivaZer is focused on showing you the retrievable activity traces.

BUT we could have it while "simulating" a cleanup.

What about a "simulate" button that would not perform the  real cleanup but only list the items that would have been cleaned ?

That would be great.  My whole point was for the user to be able to see what will be cleaned/removed and perhaps an option to exclude certain items from being removed.  A simulate/inspection/scan option that shows the list would be appreciated.  :cheers:

My whole point was for the user to be able to see what will be cleaned/removed and perhaps an option to exclude certain items from being removed.  A simulate/inspection/scan option that shows the list would be appreciated.

Privazer is a 1 or 2 person job.  I'm not sure how to write this but bear with me. (Ill make it simple as i can even if its a little off)  They are kind of like me(but I'm retired) Where very good at programming but not at designing .  Like the G.U.I screen.  There kind of similar but its a different beast.   Like a chief and a baker.   Lets take the member "XanaX" as example.  Fabulous  coder, kind of jealous.  I would bow before him if I could.  His code is alot more code correctness then mine.  Mine is kind of sloopy but it works :) as a example. Beautiful coding and reverse engineering..  When execute his code, it works without fail. But theirs G.U.I aka graphic designs to make it look pretty is not there and its not needed.  Its sounds simple to implicate but its not because it requires a different type skill for the most part.

Sorry if the wording is bad, but I'm not going to spend 2 hours writing a perfect post.  I hope you understand what Im trying to say.  The idea you wrote above is good, but its possibly be hard it implicate perfectly.  Privazer is quality work.  No software is even close to second place.    No even wisecare.  wisecare removes stuff that privazer doesnt.  doesnt make it any better.  privazer could add other stuff to remove but its pointless.  Like some of the thing are that wisecare and dism+ remove is pointless.  It has nothing to do with privacy, incriminating  or anything meaningful.  Just a bunch of wothless  4kb worth of file or empty files.  Unless you have 400 mb worth of 4kb files its pointless.  But it looks good to the average consumer, but to  a hardcore geek like me its irrelevant, waste of time, and a waste of CPU cycles.

I.m done rambling

12 hours ago, jayballs said:

Privazer is a 1 or 2 person job.  I'm not sure how to write this but bear with me. (Ill make it simple as i can even if its a little off)  They are kind of like me(but I'm retired) Where very good at programming but not at designing .  Like the G.U.I screen.  There kind of similar but its a different beast.   Like a chief and a baker.   Lets take the member "XanaX" as example.  Fabulous  coder, kind of jealous.  I would bow before him if I could.  His code is alot more code correctness then mine.  Mine is kind of sloopy but it works :) as a example. Beautiful coding and reverse engineering..  When execute his code, it works without fail. But theirs G.U.I aka graphic designs to make it look pretty is not there and its not needed.  Its sounds simple to implicate but its not because it requires a different type skill for the most part.

Sorry if the wording is bad, but I'm not going to spend 2 hours writing a perfect post.  I hope you understand what Im trying to say.  The idea you wrote above is good, but its possibly be hard it implicate perfectly.  Privazer is quality work.  No software is even close to second place.    No even wisecare.  wisecare removes stuff that privazer doesnt.  doesnt make it any better.  privazer could add other stuff to remove but its pointless.  Like some of the thing are that wisecare and dism+ remove is pointless.  It has nothing to do with privacy, incriminating  or anything meaningful.  Just a bunch of wothless  4kb worth of file or empty files.  Unless you have 400 mb worth of 4kb files its pointless.  But it looks good to the average consumer, but to  a hardcore geek like me its irrelevant, waste of time, and a waste of CPU cycles.

I.m done rambling

Well my friend, I totally understand your point and I just made a suggestion for an important missing part of the app.  I believe that is the whole point of having this topic for them, to communicate with the users and receive feedback.  As I mentioned in my original request, I understand how difficult it is, but I'm looking forward for this software to receive all the needed improvements.  Of course the developers will decide if they want/can implement it or not.

• Like 2

Akaneharuka

Oh ! I just notice that privazer wont let the user use it, If their PC didnot have the program supported language.

After click OK It bring to this page and close the program immediately. why not let the user use another language ? English maybe ?

Try to recommend this program to my friend but look like I can not

firefox-Bzixd-EJ6-PI.png

PrivaZer Team

Hello @Akaneharuka,

in fact it's a problem of Windows settings.

You have to change your language settings for non Unicode programs in Windows :
Just change it to the language used for WIndows itself.
It is somewhere like here :
image.png

OK ?
Edited by Matt
Remove text format.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please state where I can download the laterst Donors Version? Thnaks for the help!

PrivaZer Team

Hello @hakah

the Donors version = the "PRO version for contributors"

Just the name has changed.

On our website click on "Download'" in the top bar.

OK ?

Akaneharuka

@PrivaZer Team Hey 🙂

I have something in this program that really bothers me a lot the first when you install the program language select page

日本人 is mean Japanese people not Japanese language.

Japanese language is 日本語

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Akaneharuka

I don't know why everytime I use privazer to cleanup my pc it always log me out of NVIDIA.

NVIDIA-Ge-Force-Experience-asvzx-ZXcmg.p

PrivaZer Team

Hello, 

It seems to be like a cookie to be preserved. 

Is it in a Web browser or a standalone app? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded Pro version recently, But before, there is Donor version marked differently for download instead of Pro version. I don't realize that Donor version is the same as Pro version. Sorry for the misunderstanding!