CCleaner 5.66.0.7705

Karamjit

If I put it in any other directory then \program files\ccleaner it will start quickly. As portable or not is still quick. Then I copied it to program file\ccleaner\ccleaner with language dir, ccleaner.dat and branding.dll, winapp2.ini. The old version still in his own directory. The new version follows the setting like the old version from register.  Pro version with license.piriform.com blocked in hosts. Fast. Weird.

After that I installed it clean in \program files\ccleaner2 and import settings from ini old version. Bam ... Fast.

PS Reinstall clean in regular directory program files\ccleaner slow again. I'll go back to 5.65.

BTW If 5.66 is installed in regular dir then software update don't works in my case, in any other dir it works.

Stupid me.. :blush:  forget this post ( of course, you already did). But found forgotten firewall-rule that blocks program !

• Replies 83
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they fixed the slow start bug and released a new version. I hope Upgrade puts out a new fix.

click-click
25 minutes ago, uffbros said:

I believe they fixed the slow start bug and released a new version. I hope Upgrade puts out a new fix.

No, they did not. You can test yourself with free portable blocked with firewall. Startup is still slow (10 seconds or so). For non-free or cracked, this may or may not be the case, so please check free before confusing the situation. Thanks everyone..

There is a new version....PERIOD!!!!!!!!....like I first said

3 hours ago, click-click said:

Startup is still slow (10 seconds or so). 

CCleaner Smart Cleaning loading time 0.05 seconds

nWk2aSj.png

Full UI boot time about 1 second, I do not have any tool to measure more accurately.

winapp2.ini is included

Nothing not blocked, ie no host, no firewall.

Spoiler

qlJIkBj.png

click-click
23 hours ago, Kalju said:

CCleaner Smart Cleaning loading time 0.05 seconds

nWk2aSj.png

Full UI boot time about 1 second, I do not have any tool to measure more accurately.

winapp2.ini is included

Nothing not blocked, ie no host, no firewall.

Reveal hidden contents

qlJIkBj.png

In your case that is correct.

If you let ccleaner call home, it will start without delay.

6 minutes ago, click-click said:

In your case that is correct.

Yes, In my case is correct

• that I don't have any problems,
  • I have not blocked nothing,
  • I have not used any crack or patch and everything works absolutely perfectly,
  • I use winapp2.ini and have added about 100 my own rules that are not included in the winapp2 Github version but I need them

click-click

As long as you don't care about the app phoning home every time you use it, then it's not a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Portable CCleaner 5.66.7705 Technician Edition Multilanguage FC Portables (14.93 MB)

Site:   https://www.mirrored.to

Sharecode:   /files/01T6SWLX/X-566CCTE.rar_links

CCleaner 5.66.7705 Multilanguage PortableApps For Dummies (1.05 MB)

Site:  https://sourceforge.net

Sharecode:   /projects/portable-apps-for-dummies/files/Utilities/CCleaner%20Portable/CCleanerPortable-pafd.xyz_5.66.0.7705_x32-64_online.paf.exe/download

Archived