Panos Panay tease new File Explorer, Start Menu for Windows 10

Karlston

Panos Panay tease new File Explorer, Start Menu for Windows 10

We have seen earlier that Microsoft’s designers are working on a new Start Menu for Windows 10 (not Windows 10X) and now Panos Panay has posted a video celebrating 1 billion Windows 10 installations which appears to confirm that the changes and more are on the way.

The video shows a new and stylish File Explorer with a simplified UI.

Files-1200x675.jpg

It is notable for example for not having any address bar or menu bar, and the deep OneDrive integration is also clear.  More surprisingly is that it also appears to support Google Drive.

The video also teases other improvements.

Context-menu-1068x621-1.jpg

It also appears to show changes to the right-click menu,  with the addition of a Go Back button.

Windows-10-Start-menu.gif

The video also shows a new Start Menu.

WIndows-10-UI-1068x600-1.jpg

That is notable for having much fewer live tiles, but it is otherwise not too dissimilar to what we have now.

It is not clear when these improvements will be coming to Windows 10, but given that they have not yet been seeded to Insiders it seems unlikely to be in 2020.

via WindowsLatest.

Source: Panos Panay tease new File Explorer, Start Menu for Windows 10  (MSPoweruser)

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BimBamSmash

I liked the way this video was assembled, especially how they used that "typing on keyboard" sound for percussion (if that's the word to use)

As for the features themselves, they look fun, but they don't seem necessary. I am more concerned about their impact on system performance or stability.

coromonadalix

yeah right  "they" they never fixed or added the file view properties in explorer,  i want a "list" view and stay thay way for ever, for every folder and files  ... but no  "they" dont listen people(s)

They add gimmicks and useless apps for me. Even a simple image viewer is complicated.

I use xyplorer and it work fine and stay the way i like   pffffff

On 3/21/2020 at 7:40 PM, BimBamSmash said:

As for the features themselves, they look fun, but they don't seem necessary. I am more concerned about their impact on system performance or stability.

You don't need to worry about impact on system performance if you have any halfway decent processor and graphics.

Archived