box

Wow. 13,493 members and only 25 replys.

• Replies 68
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point :dunno:

In the mean time the Thread CRACK Heads III collects 1,989 Replies and 63,202 Views.

Good point :dunno:

In the mean time the Thread CRACK Heads III collects 1,989 Replies and 63,202 Views.

What i not understand is why so little replys. This can be a good thing to the forum... and some type of gratitude for the hard (and awesome) work you guys do here.

i m making a thread in the Feedback Forum addressed to Lite and the Mods/Staff,about the points addressed here,so that they can put it in there suggestions box,comment,and give verdict,thats what the Feedback forum is for :ph34r:

Hello guys.

We are expecting on who exactly ?

++

The proposal has been sent to Lite and we are just awaiting for his decision. Also, karachidude opened up a thread on Feedback Forum addressed to Lite and the moderators. As of now we are on a wait and see mode lets just hope they see the brighter side of things and approve this proposal :beg:

Hello guys.

We are expecting on who exactly ?

++

The proposal has been sent to Lite and we are just awaiting for his decision. Also, karachidude opened up a thread on Feedback Forum addressed to Lite and the moderators. As of now we are on a wait and see mode lets just hope they see the brighter side of things and approve this proposal :beg:

Thanks Nivrid05 and Karachidude.

maybe we can sticky Coding heads in the Software chat,which when clicked on display these four threads...if the above is not accepted

Because like shought said

I'm not sure but I'm guessing Lite replied something like 'The idea in its current form is not going to be accepted, however with some changes made it could still be.', if that's the case then I think we should talk of 'reconsidering' but more of 'keep on considering'

Edit:just an idea though

You're not in a 'wait and see-mode' if you ask me, no ideas are ever perfect: there's always room for improvement.

k'dude understood my comment :)

The thing is, I'm pretty sure creating four different forums is not a good thing, it'll be more confusing than clear. I'd start off 'small', by having one forum(Coding Heads(might give the wrong idea though), Fixing Heads(is proper, but don't know if y'all like it), as long as it's not 'crack', since it's kind of forbidden :P) with four different threads in it.

[EXAMPLE]

Look at it like this: to make a proper cup of tea you need at least a quarter of a cup of water and a teabag. Let's say the staff is the teabag, members are water and the topic/forum is the cup. We have a small cup now and there's a lot of water so it's almost spilling over, the proper way to handle this would be to take three other cups and spread the water over two cups(we can reuse the same teabag, maybe take a little bigger teabag, to handle the water). Now we have four cups with a quarter of water with a bigger teabag, still good cups of tea.

But imagine what would happen if we'd not only take four cups, but we'd take bigger cups as well, let's say topic --> forum = cup of tea --> twice as big cup of tea. This way, when we spread the water, there will be one 1/8 of water, which is clearly not enough for a good cup of tea ;)

[/EXAMPLE]

Edit: All the above comes down to: the growth of the facilities should be equal to the growth of the users + activity of the users, not more.

I hope someone understands all the above, I know it's a bullshit example, but it's the best I could come up with at the moment. I always explain things in math class like this, kind of have the feeling there must be better ways to do this outside of math class :P

@shought

good example shought :P

so heres what i deduce from the example

The idea of spliting the thread into four by Box,to make it more managable is acceptable to the Administration.

But

Making a seperate forum for these threads is not.

Correct me if i m wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i m right Tony Blair,Demoneye,nivrid and company should comment and put here a workaround of some sort,to come to common ground with the management,and then consult Box about it. 8)

I would still say four stickies under Coding Heads in software chat section,when each sticky goes above 100pages,just unsticky it,and make a new sticky in its place,still keeping the old stickies in the section. :D .Just my two cents :P

Splitting a thread into four is not really the 'administration' has anything to do with, you guys 'own' whatever you guys post, so splitting something you guys posted is totally up to you ;)

Making a forum(or category) for it on the other hand is a matter the 'administration' has to discuss about.

I initially thought that you were suggesting to make a category(called Coding Heads) that contained four separate forums(Submissions, Nsane-editions, etc.), from what you're saying now I gather this was not the idea?

I think there certainly is a need to make some changes, but what exactly has to be changed isn't clear to me yet... I think it's either creating a forum(Coding Heads) which contains four topics only or creating 4 different threads without having a separate forum for it. Then we have to decide where to place this forum, that will be either alongside Software Chat, Security Center and all those forums or as a subforum of the Software Chat.

Do note that my words are just words, I'm unsure as to what Lite's exact opinion is ;)

I am just floating this idea out here. The Crack Heads thread gets lengthy fast and it is hard to manage. Many of us (actually just 7) were thinking something like the below.

Create one new category in "General Discussions & Support" named "Crack Heads". Under this category would be 4 new subcategories:

1- Submissions = This subcategory topic are threads for people to submit applications for challenge (crack). Demoneye got suckered into being the gatekeeper. He will determine if the submitted applications are worth the time/effort and prioritize the list. He will set the requirements/information for submission. People who want to test their skills can pick from the list and go at it. The big thing here is that, people who make submissions must do their homework and provide as much information about the applications as possible. They will most likely be the beta testers and provide general support to other members after the challenge is completed.

2- Nsane Editions = This subcategory topic is for completed works with how to instructions, hash, and links. Members can say thanks and make donation to Nsane Forums for maintaining the site.

3- Under Constructions/Repairs = This subcategory topic includes threads for people who accept the challenge. Contributors, students, and beta testers can provide support until the challenges are completed. (People can return to the specific threads and report problems or incompatibility issues. The person(s) who submitted the applications for challenge would be the ones who provide support to other members.) The final products would be released, dubbed the Nsane Edition, and archived in #2 above.

4- Library - under this subcategory, people can post information on tools/applications they used to get the job done. I have seen something like this in other forums. What will make this one different is that, people can only post about the applications they actually used.

You're not in a 'wait and see-mode' if you ask me, no ideas are ever perfect: there's always room for improvement.

k'dude understood my comment :)

The thing is, I'm pretty sure creating four different forums is not a good thing, it'll be more confusing than clear. I'd start off 'small', by having one forum(Coding Heads(might give the wrong idea though), Fixing Heads(is proper, but don't know if y'all like it), as long as it's not 'crack', since it's kind of forbidden :P) with four different threads in it.

@shought

In my understanding your suggestion is exactly what is being proposed for Code heads. But I love to hear from Box or Tony before I conclude.

P.S. you have a very nice way of explaining things, you rock man :rockon:

i would say this again.

the 6 guys with whom Box initiated the idea with,should come here to discuss this matter with shought,and come to a common ground.Then they should consult Box,and tell him,what they have come up with :coolwink:

Without discussion and explainations with the Mods/Staff ,the idea would just stay dead

@shought

In my understanding your suggestion is exactly what is being proposed for Code heads. But I love to hear from Box or Tony before I conclude.

P.S. you have a very nice way of explaining things, you rock man :rockon:

Yeah, I understood that now, but it was confusing at first because of the word 'category'. Category in forum terms is for instance 'News'(with forums like Filesharing News, Software news and subforums like Software Updates, Mac Software).

That is what made it confusing for me and maybe for some other people as well.

Thanks for your compliment :)

@k'dude

Discussion is always of the essence ;)

General Discussions & Support

Forum:

Coding Heads

Filesharing Chat

Software Chat

Security Center

Technology Talk

Entertainment Exchange

Guides & Tutorials

----------------------------------

Coding Heads

Topic:

1- Submissions (Sticky)

2- Nsane Editions (Sticky)

3- Under Constructions/Repairs -->> This one would be threads started by posters or coders who want to work on the project. (Example threads: Kaspersky 2011; WebSiteWatcher; Prevx5.0; N360 v4; ESET 5.0)

4- Library (Sticky)

Damn, I confused myself. :wub:

Forum:

Coding Heads

Filesharing Chat

Software Chat

Security Center

Technology Talk

Entertainment Exchange

Guides & Tutorials

Coding Heads

Topic:

1- Submissions (Sticky)

3- Under Constructions/Repairs -->> This one would be threads started by posters or coders who want to work on the project. (Example threads: Kaspersky 2011; WebSiteWatcher; Prevx5.0; N360 v4; ESET 5.0)

4- Library (Sticky)

Damn, I confused myself. :wub:

Hope this clears things up once and for all .... :sun:

Forum:

Coding Heads

Filesharing Chat

Software Chat

Security Center

Technology Talk

Entertainment Exchange

Guides & Tutorials

Coding Heads

Topic:

1- Submissions (Sticky)

4- Library (Sticky)

what about this shought,i hope guys discuss and approve this :D

First of all I want to thanks Shought and Jalaffa for their involvements here and for the guidance provided. (your cup of tea is excellent, I drink it with enjoyment)

Karchidude, thank you also so much for your help. If I was Lite, I promote you right now to A Moderator position :P . (no offense)

My opinion:

1- There is here no opposition, fight, frustration nor disrespect.

2- All what is about : Improvement proposition in the benefit of nsane.forums and the members in the total respect of the nsane website owners and staff.

3- What is asked : the post of Box above is Cristal clear.

4- Lite has a long experience when it comes to moderating forums. He thinks in the long term.

I can confirm here that he replies quickly to my request to guide us, and was (and is) ready to answer any questions about our suggestions. He answer to me that this new category (if the decision is taken to go ahead) will be protected and he would be looking at a 50 post minimum for this category to be visible.

And for my question :how we can make "Coding Heads" profitable to nsane.forums ? (ads for donation or else). The answer was really professional :

The adverts (google) are great if people click on them, but most people don't.

Last but not least, as a responsible Administrator, he has to judge more than the cosmetic part but also its impact on the hardware of the available server capacity.

So I am sure Lite will give his verdict at the right moment, he is the Boss and I am happy with that.

5 - My real concern is the statement posted by "someone" : Wow. 13,493 members and only 25 replies.

Yes , In the mean time the Thread CRACK Heads III collects 2,062 Replies 64,596 Views.

To seal the ring, I believe that the solution for my item 5 is in number 3 of course :D

I've requested Lite to reconsider the 50 posts requirement because in the long term it might cause the topic to lose participation rather than gain.

Explaining the above is like a cup of tea(:P):

If we set the 50 posts requirement we will have four cups and the water, in the beginning, will suffice to fill each cup for 1/8. The addition of water(members that are active in the topic) is (partially) determined by how many are able to see, since most active new members(more water) in this topic had 0 posts when they started posting(it's true, most of you crack heads visitors started posting in that topic, not somewhere else) there will be no growth of the water in the long term, maybe it will even become less water, less water means no good cup of tea... (The members that would've started posting in that topic with 0 posts aren't able to even view it, so there's a (pretty big) chance they won't start posting at all).

You should know it's a very delicate decision we will have to make, but we're not going to rush it ;)

I personally don't see any 'simple' solution to this problem, so someone else will either have to come up with one or inspire anyone else to do so, I'm afraid.

@tony

Glad you like my tea :)

I've requested Lite to reconsider the 50 posts requirement because in the long term it might cause the topic to lose participation rather than gain.

Explaining the above is like a cup of tea(:P):

If we set the 50 posts requirement we will have four cups and the water, in the beginning, will suffice to fill each cup for 1/8. The addition of water(members that are active in the topic) is (partially) determined by how many are able to see, since most active new members(more water) in this topic had 0 posts when they started posting(it's true, most of you crack heads visitors started posting in that topic, not somewhere else) there will be no growth of the water in the long term, maybe it will even become less water, less water means no good cup of tea... (The members that would've started posting in that topic with 0 posts aren't able to even view it, so there's a (pretty big) chance they won't start posting at all).

You should know it's a very delicate decision we will have to make, but we're not going to rush it ;)

I personally don't see any 'simple' solution to this problem, so someone else will either have to come up with one or inspire anyone else to do so, I'm afraid.

@tony

Glad you like my tea :)

thank you from a poster with less than 50 posts who really loves this site and is a big box fan as well as a fan of the other greats on this site.....

Archived