Crack Heads

box

I am just floating this idea out here. The Crack Heads thread gets lengthy fast and it is hard to manage. Many of us (actually just 7) were thinking something like the below.

Create one new category in "General Discussions & Support" named "Crack Heads". Under this category would be 4 new subcategories:

1- Submissions = This subcategory topic are threads for people to submit applications for challenge (crack). Demoneye got suckered into being the gatekeeper. He will determine if the submitted applications are worth the time/effort and prioritize the list. He will set the requirements/information for submission. People who want to test their skills can pick from the list and go at it. The big thing here is that, people who make submissions must do their homework and provide as much information about the applications as possible. They will most likely be the beta testers and provide general support to other members after the challenge is completed.

2- Nsane Editions = This subcategory topic is for completed works with how to instructions, hash, and links. Members can say thanks and make donation to Nsane Forums for maintaining the site.

3- Under Constructions/Repairs = This subcategory topic includes threads for people who accept the challenge. Contributors, students, and beta testers can provide support until the challenges are completed. (People can return to the specific threads and report problems or incompatibility issues. The person(s) who submitted the applications for challenge would be the ones who provide support to other members.) The final products would be released, dubbed the Nsane Edition, and archived in #2 above.

4- Library - under this subcategory, people can post information on tools/applications they used to get the job done. I have seen something like this in other forums. What will make this one different is that, people can only post about the applications they actually used.

Here is the deal. If you guys like this idea, please vote up(+) or down(-) and leave your names. (You need to stand up and be counted.)

If you have suggestions, please post here. (Don't PM me your suggestions.)

• Replies 68
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote up (+)

The organization proposed  of a new category divided in 4 sub-categories will boost the activity of crack heads thread.

Now I have a suggestion about the name of the category. As actually the titles are general and neutral :

Filesharing Chat

Software Chat

Technology Talk

Entertainment Exchange

Guides & Tutorials

Crack Heads

if the word "Crack" is not accepted in the front-page, we can propose alternatives like :

Coding Heads

Programming, writing, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, and fixing software

+1 for box & tonyblair!

I like the title "Coding Heads" - Sorry box, I mean no offense! :D

Hi guys, ive been following the main topic kinda religiously since I was first introduced to your great work. When I first read about all the changes you were thinking about, I was a lil scared that something would be lost. However, reading the suggested step forward here, eases those concerns. The original concept of the topic has grown into something much bigger and I agree with everything thats been laid out here. Its great watching you guys work and really inspiring, some groups can be kinda closed off towards the wannabes, but you guys welcome and embrace them (the serious ones anyway), you take them under your wing and share what knowledge you have and you learn more yourselves in the process. Anyways guys, this looks like a positive step forward, so hopefully you get the go ahead, I think they would be crazy not to go with it.

Now for the name 'Code Busters' I need to hit google for the full lyrics, but if u ever put music to your releases 'If theres something nagging, that the trials expired, who you gonna call? Code Busters' :P ok ok, im just playing around now, good luck guys and keep up the good work.

+1 from me too! this would organize things a lot and make it easier for us members as well us you guys (cr@ckers) to work together. :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see this, I always support member initiative! If anyone has any non-related ideas to improve the frontpage/forums they should make sure to make a post in the Site / Forum wishlist topic(in the Site / Forum Feedback forum) or create a separate topic in the Site / Forum Feedback forum.

Crack Heads is not gonna happen, I think, Coding Heads could be discussed ;)

Should probably let you know that this is not going to be a democratic decision, which doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count :)

Should also let you know that the reputation system shouldn't really be used as a voting system :P But what the heck, doesn't matter :lol:

Finally ! Excellent ideas !

It will be really appreciated to separate the finished work of the ongoing work + a part for requests. ^_^

++

I actually think organizing such a larger topic which contains so much discussion would be a good idea.. a place for code.. a place to talk/ask questions.. each thing separated or a forum ( I think they are referred to in the Admin Console ) created in each area of the main. I have noticed that on several occasions .. people get ignored because of all of the the happenings going on.. and its not really ignore but lost in the mess.. it gets jumbled and can become a little difficult to follow.. I mean you have code strings and issues from several programs at once streaming through the topic with no separation.. Its like a really bad case of A.D.D... would help to keep continuity of w/e idea and or subject going on.. ( not to mention its juts damn inefficient )

BUT yeah IF it were up to a vote I would vote on it favorably..I don't have a lot of activity over there but I do follow it and I have seen the effect f what is being talked about.

Should also let you know that the reputation system shouldn't really be used as a voting system

Yeah, imho it would've been better if it were an actual (public) poll.

Should probably let you know that this is not going to be a democratic decision, which doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count :)

China is the same way. North Korea doesn't even care about opinions. :D

Should also let you know that the reputation system shouldn't really be used as a voting system :P But what the heck, doesn't matter :lol:

Is that what that was? Ok, it makes sense now. :lol:

Yea, polling would be better.

OK, the question now is WHO wants to take the initiative and make this happen? (It suddenly got quiet.)

China is the same way. North Korea doesn't even care about opinions. :D

Is that what that was? Ok, it makes sense now. :lol:

Yea, polling would be better.

OK, the question now is WHO wants to take the initiative and make this happen? (It suddenly got quiet.)

@Box

I have the luxury of time right now, I'm willing to work with you guys to make this happen .. just tell me what I can do to be of help for this plan to materialize. :rockon:

@Box

I have the luxury of time right now, I'm willing to work with you guys to make this happen .. just tell me what I can do to be of help for this plan to materialize. :rockon:

Rumor has it that Lite is the Dungeon Master. Try to be nice and say please at first. If that doesn't work, use bribes ($1 increments), then threats (go for the kneecaps), then lawsuits (be prepared to bribe and threaten the judge and jury). If all else fail, tell Santa not to send him any present this year. If you talk to Santa, try to be nice and say please at first. If that doesn't work, use bribes, then threats, then lawsuits, in that order.

Just use your judgment and work within the guideline. IF you have to break any law, be prepared to erase your tracks and format all your hard drives (including all your friends hard drives), and relocate to a country that doesn't have any extradition treaty. I think China or North Korea is a good call. "Let the Force be with you."

@Box

Rumor has it that Lite is the Dungeon Master. Try to be nice and say please at first. If that doesn't work, use bribes ($1 increments), then threats (go for the kneecaps), then lawsuits (be prepare to bribe and threaten the judge and jury). If all else fail, tell Santa not to send him any present this year. If you talk to Santa, try to be nice and say please at first. If that doesn't work, use bribes, then threats, then lawsuits, in that order.

Just use your judgment and work within the guideline. IF you have to break any law, be prepare to erase your tracks and format all your hard drives (including all your friends hard drives), and relocate to a country that doesn't have any extradition treaty. I think China or North Korea is a good call. "Let the Force be with you."

:lol: :lmao: :rofl:

Lite will probably post what he thinks, not to mentions we'll spend a lot of time discussing such a thing in the staff forum. Decisions aren't made out of the blue, certainly not when Lite's involved :D

@Box

Rumor has it that Lite is the Dungeon Master. Try to be nice and say please at first. If that doesn't work, use bribes ($1 increments), then threats (go for the kneecaps), then lawsuits (be prepare to bribe and threaten the judge and jury). If all else fail, tell Santa not to send him any present this year. If you talk to Santa, try to be nice and say please at first. If that doesn't work, use bribes, then threats, then lawsuits, in that order.

Just use your judgment and work within the guideline. IF you have to break any law, be prepare to erase your tracks and format all your hard drives (including all your friends hard drives), and relocate to a country that doesn't have any extradition treaty. I think China or North Korea is a good call. "Let the Force be with you."

ah .. uhm .. I think I just changed my mind ... :eekout: wtf lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :towel:

Archived