Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4493509 Causing System Slowdowns, Other Issues

The AchieVer

Much more sensible would be to use Avira OS, but not Windows. Avira is really the best in the World!

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AchieVer
6 hours ago, spudboy said:

I suggest Avira users report this to them asap. 

As per Avira , the workaround for this is to uninstall the update .

Regards

14 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

As per Avira , the workaround for this is to uninstall the update .

Regards

I'm not sure what that has to do with reporting to Avira that the previous update didn't fix things. Not to mention I was already aware of their workaround, and was actually the one to post here about it. Their workaround however, was posted PRIOR to them releasing an update that was supposed to fix it.

Anyway... no need to report. I received this reply today:

We've finished the development for "Update 45" which should fix all these issues. Currently we're rolling out this update which means it could take some hours to be available for you. Please run a clean reinstallation if you're facing any issues after installation of "Update 45".

So I guess we'll find out if 2nd times the charm. :)

Nope. Problems remain with latest version 15.0.45.1165. It's extremely odd to me that Microsoft is reporting the issue as fixed, and that only ArcaBit Antivirus (who???) was causing any problems with Win10... and that only 7, 8.1, and Server versions were experiencing problems with Avira, Avast, Sophos, etc.

Where are MS getting this extremely incorrect information from?

Hope it's okay that I posted this in 2 different topics, as not everyone reads or subscribes to both. Anyway....

Third Avira update (15.0.45.1171) released today. Same problems persist. Not fixed. Goodbye Avira.

Archived