and now i'm stuck with 1.1361

and i get a messege thet

the softwere is updated.

i really think a new fix is in order:)

• Replies 55
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ravoz....a lot of list there. I have 4 update servers and make sure you have nod evaluation servers in the servers list because you install the evaluation version.

@aviramov....that's a time to update database. did you allow nod to pass your firewall? did you check the servers list?

In many cases, nod was having to reset the update servers so just be patient. Just remember in case you forget, the trial version will be late few hours than the paid version for database update....you got the better service for paid version.

Guest aviramof

i have tried all lists and i use outpost

and NOD32 has all the permisions needed

and even when outpost is close it

doesn't make a diffrent nothing thet

i do make a diffrence

is there any option to dowload updates manually?

Guest aviramof

i now know for a fact

thet the fix and updates

are blocked by nod32 east servers

and i'll tell you how i know it

i have finished uninstall nod32

softwere and fix and after restart

i have reinstalled nod32 but this time

2.51.20.Administrator.Edition not

standart after reinstalling the fix

and then restart i tried to update

and amazingly it started to download

a 4mb file at 140K speed give or takes:)

and suddnly after aproximatly 2mb the

server connection broke and the download

stoped and then when i tried to update again

it again wrote thet i have the most updated

version but i don't it's was still version 3 as i said

in the previous reply so for the time being

i have switched to Kaspersky until a new

solution will be found:)

thanks in advance if you'll found one:)

I registered just for this because I was experiencing the same problem as everybody else (using fix 2.1), right now I got nod32 to update selecting the server u5.eset.com/nod_eval/ and it worked.

Try: update -> setup, select only the server u5.eset.com/nod_eval/ from the list and see what happens.

Let us know if this helps, good luck.

This is all the info:

Trial version

Days left: 16715948

NOD32 antivirus system information

Virus signature database version: 1.1459 (20060327)

Dated: Monday, March 27, 2006

Virus signature database build: 6971

Information on other scanner support parts

Advanced heuristics module version: 1.028 (20060324)

Advanced heuristics module build: 1107

Internet filter version: 1.002 (20040708)

Internet filter build: 1013

Archive support module version: 1.040 (20051222)

Archive support module build version: 1142

Information about installed components

NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/x64 - Base

Version: 2.51.20

NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/x64 - Internet support

NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/x64 - Standard component

Operating system information

Platform: Windows XP

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Version of common control components: 5.82.2900

RAM: 2040 MB

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz (1729 MHz)

ESET updated their eval server (currently 1.1459) that means a large update since 1.1454

But i check the build on eset's server (build 6971) it's different with zeraw's (build 6970). Will it be a problem?

Guest aviramof

as i said i now use Kaspersky

at least for the next few days

but just so you know i had thet server

installed after installing the fix i'v checked

and it wasn't on the list i'v tried adding it manually

but it didn't worked maybe i had bad url i'll try it

sometimes again in the near future

do you think i can install Kaspersky and nod32

together?

LemonHead2089
I registered just for this because I was experiencing the same problem as everybody else (using fix 2.1), right now I got nod32 to update selecting the server u5.eset.com/nod_eval/ and it worked.

Try: update -> setup, select only the server u5.eset.com/nod_eval/ from the list and see what happens.

Let us know if this helps, good luck.

it worked! :D

wasn't working for several days on one of the computers i have it installed on, now its working fine without me changing anything... wierd

~Fizz

I think its working now. My virus singatures are now 1.1459 without me manually updating and by leaving it on choose servers automatically.

Guest Azaraille

I think i found the tricks.

I have two computers at home, i just reinstalled NOD32 en the 2 pc's. For the first pc, no problem, (on http://u5.eset.com/nod_eval). For the second one, dont work. So i have an idea, I restarted my router (and the internet connection) to have a new public ip address. I retry on the second computer and it works !

So, i think that the nod32 servers verify the IP addresses which enter on their side and allow only one per day???

Sorry for my wrtiting english ... :-)

Azaraille

Yep that seems to be the problem. My first computer (after reinstall NOD32 + Fix) gave me no problems what so ever but the second and third refuses to update after the first one.

I am trying NOD32 for the first time.

NOD32.Antivirus.System.v2.51.20.Administrator.Edition.Win2K.NT.XP.2K3.Retail

using NOD32.FiX.v2.1-nsane.exe

Have had great trouble getting that first connection and update, but eventually got it.

From all the difficulty with signature update, I searched around for info.

And turned up this from http://www.nod32-av.com/faq/nod32_faq.htm#17

How long are the updates and upgrades free?

If you use a commercial version of NOD32, updates of the virus signature database and program components are free for the duration of your subscription.

Even after your subscription runs out, you can still use NOD32, but will not receive further updates which is crucial for maintaining detection

capabilities of any antivirus program.

If you are evaluating NOD32 with a trial version, you will be able to update the virus signature database (not program components) during the 30-day

trial period. The only limitation of the trial version is that it does not support incremental updates. Therefore updates are always about 2 MB in size.

This was the bit I found most interesting

"trial period. The only limitation of the trial version is that it does not support incremental updates. Therefore updates are always about 2 MB in size."

To me this explains why all the update servers are performing so poorly.

Using the 'Mirror' facility would take the load off the servers, but I cant get into the Mirror 'Setup'

Does anyone have any tips?

from Esets internett pages:

To download the trial (30 day version) NOD32, click at the corresponding link below.

Although the trial version represents a fully functional version of NOD32, you may experience a longer virus signature update (download) time. To purchase a commercial version of NOD32, please visit our e-store here.

have that always been there?

Guest killjoy
from Esets internett pages:

To download the trial (30 day version) NOD32, click at the corresponding link below.

Although the trial version represents a fully functional version of NOD32, you may experience a longer virus signature update (download) time. To purchase a commercial version of NOD32, please visit our e-store here.

have that always been there?

Yes, that is correct, it's a bit slower, but it seems when you are making use of nod fix v2.1, it won't get any updates at all automatically.

I tested this manually, and after pressing update button approximately 10 times, I got the update.

This really worries me, as the program becomes pretty useless this way :D

Guest binbonbeach

Hi. I use NOD32.Antivirus.System.v2.51.20.Administrator.Edition.Win2K.NT.XP.2K3 with fix 2.1. and Manual update it says `no update needed` but im still having the 1.1454 version.

I did how @ravoz write: Deleting all files in the upd folder (to recycle bin) and changing to server http://u5.eset.com/nod_eval/ and Nod start update but in 89% I had a message: one file you download is corrupted (more o less) and stop in version 1.154 again......I open recycle bin and testore the original deleted files a upd folder and nod update works fine this time... I have update to 1.159.....

Maybe a bad script file of NOD 32 AV update? or they did this intentionally.... :D

they're just having a few server issues and just limited the trial users so paying customers can still update without interference. should smooth out after they get everything fixed, so just be patient :D

and there's no reason to hit the update button repeatly, as auto-updating will eventually get the update and it only causes more stress on their servers (so save your energy) :blink:

got sig version 1.1459 here btw...

Guest grandcommander

You can allways use something else :blink: ,I don't use Nod anymore,Kaspersky is also good if not better :D

There are more fish in the see :D

oh yeah, that's a good idea, a company has a few server probs and you suggest ditching a perfectly good product completely...i'm sure the KAV guys have been in the same boat before (might aswell ditch them too) :D

Guest grandcommander
oh yeah, that's a good idea, a company has a few server probs and you suggest ditching a perfectly good product completely...i'm sure the KAV guys have been in the same boat before (might aswell ditch them too) :D

NO NO NO

I'm not suggesting to anyone to ditch Nod,it is a good AV prog. I use Kaspersky because I like it more, and that is just my opinion.

I used Nod with your fix for a while,and i still have it on my old computer.

p.s. don't get angry over nothing :blink:

Guest killjoy

So I guess we do not need a new nodfix then?

My latest update was dated 21-03-2006. So the problem is with Eset I understand?

they're just having a few server issues and just limited the trial users so paying customers can still update without interference. should smooth out after they get everything fixed, so just be patient :D

Nsane, where did you get the info from? Cos I've been looking for everywhere and just found nothing.

Archived