NOD32 Update Servers Problem?

Pako Jones

For the last 2 days I'm having problems to update NOD32. The current virus signature is 1.1456 and the one I've got is 1.1454. The manual update gives me a message informing that the latest signature database is installed.

I have NOD32 2.51 and FiX 2.1 installed.

I think this is Evaluation Server's problem, as NOD32 Update Viewer (http://nodview.narod.ru/) shows that Evaluation Server's currently signature database is precisely 1.1454.

Any clues on what's happening?

• Replies 55
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sometimes the server is late updating...just wait it will updating in time.

happen to me once, after 2 days the server updating itself.

Guest grandcommander

I just had the same problem,so i re-installed everything(prog. and the fix) and now it works(4 now).

This happens sometimes.

I just had the same problem,so i re-installed everything(prog. and the fix) and now it works(4 now).

This happens sometimes.

Thank you, grandcommander, but I've already tried that and in fact the antivirus updated from signature 1.1454 to 1.1455, but now it's stuck in 1.1455 and doesn't update to the current signature 1.1456. Guess I'll have to reinstall again. Maybe It's time for a new NOD32 FiX update? Can anyone tell if having the same problem? As I said before it could be Evaluation Update Server's problem.

Guest Buster

This happens sometimes.

Thank you, grandcommander, but I've already tried that and in fact the antivirus updated from signature 1.1454 to 1.1455, but now it's stuck in 1.1455 and doesn't update to the current signature 1.1456. Guess I'll have to reinstall again. Maybe It's time for a new NOD32 FiX update? Can anyone tell if having the same problem? As I said before it could be Evaluation Update Server's problem.

I have the same problem. 11454 but not upgrade to 11456

Carlos ;)

Guest grandcommander

I have the 1.1456 update,but i feel that I will not be able to get the next update version.

Everytime I re-install i get the new update,but that is not the answer,new Fix could solve the problem. ;)

I can confirm this, still stuck on 3/21's update

could it be they are using a different server for updates now?

Guest grandcommander

Everytime I re-install I get the new update ;) ;) :angry: ,i don't think this is a server problem :wacko:

it seems to be a simple outdated server prob, nothing to do with the fix. using the update viewer posted by pako shows that ALL trial servers are behind on the sigs...maybe done intentionally by eset i dunno...

will look into it tho (re-installing doesn't help here) ;)

Try this server for a while... it's updated

Maybe ESET stopped updating the nod_eval b'coz of nsane's fix? :angry: ;) :lol: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Tru-blu thanks for your apport, but I think it doesn't make any sense that ESET stop updating their evaluation servers. If so, they would stop releasing their evaluation NOD32's as well.

I've noticed that the servers from pay versions of NOD32 are updated normally.

I think maybe ESET has decided to lower the frequency of the evaluation servers updates, to encourage users of evaluation copies to buy a license. Maybe? ;)

I think maybe ESET has decided to lower the frequency of the evaluation servers updates, to encourage users of evaluation copies to buy a license. Maybe? ;)

Given that theory, does anyone know if ESET limits the number of computers that can use a single retail license of NOD32? If I wanted to buy a single copy for a couple machines at home, which of course would require me to put in the same username/password for updates, would that work? Or is the system smart enough to know that I would need three licenses?

I appreciate the NOD32fix that Nsane wrote, but I have a couple critical machines that I may have to bite the bullet on.

-Robert

it's possible to use one license on more that one pc=) but if you share it to the "hole world" it will be banned

Guest Lingering

I'm still using the 1.9 nsane's fix -perfectly working til yesterday the other-

By experience I agree with who hupholds the problem as related to Eset's servers.

Things went a lot worse in past and a 3-4 days without updates are not big deal.

No wonder if it should start to work again next week or later. ;)

Maybe ESET stopped updating the nod_eval b'coz of nsane's fix? :P ;) :dance2: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

using fix 2.1 and still working just fine. updates version 1.1458

Maybe ESET stopped updating the nod_eval b'coz of nsane's fix? :P ;) :dance2: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

using fix 2.1 and still working just fine. updates version 1.1458

Preso, it updates with or without reinstalling the antivirus and fix? If answer is 'without reinstalling', which server do you update from? Because all evaluation servers are still stuck on signature 1.1454.

It's updating without "reinstalling antivirus and fix". Set the server to choose automatically. The best server for me so far is u5.eset.com.

Check your firewall if you use one to allow nod to have outbound connection and it's better to updating directly (without or not behind proxy)

It's updating without "reinstalling antivirus and fix". Set the server to choose automatically. The best server for me so far is u5.eset.com.

Check your firewall if you use one to allow nod to have outbound connection and it's better to updating directly (without or not behind proxy)

That doesn't work for me. I have a particular laptop that has been offline for a week or so and it's still sitting with virus database 1.1392. Forcing an update to any of the servers doesn't work. I have not tried to uninstall/reinstall it yet as I find that to be an unacceptable fix. I'd rather just buy it. ;)

-Robert

That doesn't work for me. I have a particular laptop that has been offline for a week or so and it's still sitting with virus database 1.1392. Forcing an update to any of the servers doesn't work. I have not tried to uninstall/reinstall it yet as I find that to be an unacceptable fix. I'd rather just buy it. ;)

-Robert

With nod you don't need to forcing update, just if you feel necessary. You don't need to uninstall antivirus, ifthe update is not working after 2 days just try uninstall the fix and reinstall it again.

The fix just work fine, nsane wouldn't release it if it's not working, so it's acceptable and reliable fix. Still unsatisfied with the fix? you know the answer, go buy it.

Guest ravoz

Troubles here also.

Last update is from 21-3 version 1.1454 and nada since then.

Tried some suggestions posted here but it`s a no go.

Using the 2.1 fix btw.

Troubles here also.

Last update is from 21-3 version 1.1454 and nada since then.

Tried some suggestions posted here but it`s a no go.

Using the 2.1 fix btw.

did you set to choose the server automatically? and if you check servers list, how many server are there?

Archived