Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

^It annoys me that she's so collected and calm. Somebody give her a push, I want to see her fall :innocent:

PS: It's a beautiful desktop. Looks functional and informative, too. I'm sure many would love a mini-tutorial on how to achieve it :P

LOL yeah , I like her calm 2 ^_^

Okay, the main Windows theme is changed by using CustoPack Tools.

You have several themes to choose, but this one is just great IMO , it's Mac OSX Lion

Right side of the screen belongs to Rainmeter , and the skin used is ABP

That's it , changing the windows theme is really simple with CustoPack , Rainmeter might be confusing for newcomers at first , we can solve that part later if needed :)

grouchysmurf

^It annoys me that she's so collected and calm. Somebody give her a push, I want to see her fall :innocent:

PS: It's a beautiful desktop. Looks functional and informative, too. I'm sure many would love a mini-tutorial on how to achieve it :P

LOL yeah , I like her calm 2 ^_^

Okay, the main Windows theme is changed by using CustoPack Tools.

You have several themes to choose, but this one is just great IMO , it's Mac OSX Lion

Right side of the screen belongs to Rainmeter , and the skin used is ABP

That's it , changing the windows theme is really simple with CustoPack , Rainmeter might be confusing for newcomers at first , we can solve that part later if needed :)

Is CustoPack anything like windowblinds?

The trouble I have had with these "do it all" programs is that they load behind the OS, slowing my boot

time down so much that half of my start up fails to load.

I admit that I do keep a few things loaded but that is because I use them all the time.

So does this one load like windowblinds?

grouchysmurf

Well, a small change to the background. The MI6 backdrop was only slightly modded

in order to keep the symbol layer smooth.

DeskPic

What OS are you on.. XP or what? I would be willing to guess you would be better off simply patching the Theme files either with VistaGlazz or UXThemePatcher.. and using custom styles you can find around... ( dA, Customize.org.. a few sites out there ) VistaStyleBuilder is also a very good tool.. will allow you to custom modify a lot of things and create your own...

Edited by HX1

grouchysmurf

What OS are you on.. XP or what? I would be willing to guess you would be better off simply patching the Theme files either with VistaGlazz or UXThemePatcher.. and using custom styles you can find around... ( dA, Customize.org.. a few sites out there ) VistaStyleBuilder is also a very good tool.. will allow you to custom modify a lot of things and create your own...

WinXP Pro SP3

I kind of like what I have going on now, I would just like to introduce a little bit of

transparency to my desktop, I know it is possible because windowblinds did it, but

it was pretty rough on my startup routine so I stopped using it.

To be honest, it took me a few hours of messing around with different free programs to get the look I have now,

and unfortunately, like a nimrod, I did not record the recipe. lol

When I change my desktop, it is one component at a time, and sometimes I get the look by accident.

Well.. True Transparency is a good additional program to have and will not effect startup, also adds so nice additional windows controls.. very simple no installation necessary and quite a few skin out there with the easy ability to make your own.. CFi Shelltoys is also a good additional Shell Component.. which can allow full window transparency using a shortcut key trigger which is useful.. a handful of programs out there provide it .. yet they tend to be really glitchy... A fun one for kicks is called NIMI Visuals.. probably better found on dA.. but lets you do a lot of extra tricks.. anyway just some stuff to play around with :P

Nice customisations HX and shajt... My desktop is plain Win 7 theme/AIDA64 OSD/KIS2012 and weather gadgets/icons... It's too boring too share. I don't feel like installing anything separate just for the visuals tho'...

grouchysmurf

Well.. True Transparency is a good additional program to have and will not effect startup, also adds so nice additional windows controls.. very simple no installation necessary and quite a few skin out there with the easy ability to make your own.. CFi Shelltoys is also a good additional Shell Component.. which can allow full window transparency using a shortcut key trigger which is useful.. a handful of programs out there provide it .. yet they tend to be really glitchy... A fun one for kicks is called NIMI Visuals.. probably better found on dA.. but lets you do a lot of extra tricks.. anyway just some stuff to play around with :P

Thank you. True Transparency is alot of fun :)

Is CustoPack anything like windowblinds?

The trouble I have had with these "do it all" programs is that they load behind the OS, slowing my boot

time down so much that half of my start up fails to load.

I admit that I do keep a few things loaded but that is because I use them all the time.

So does this one load like windowblinds?

No, it's not like windowblinds.

There's nothing resident in the memory after installation , it just adds a theme and after that it's done.

I don't think there's a better tool than this one for that.

Trust me, it's easy and safe.

I'm using it for a long time, can't remember for how long, over a year for sure, maybe two.

You can look at this video for example, maybe it will explain it better.

Here is mine, a (very) simple Windows 7 desktop ^_^.

Note: Background changes automatically every 2-3 minutes.

My Desktop

Nice customisations HX and shajt... My desktop is plain Win 7 theme/AIDA64 OSD/KIS2012 and weather gadgets/icons... It's too boring too share. I don't feel like installing anything separate just for the visuals tho'...

I have this little EXE file I nabbed once that will allow you to change the color of Aero according to weather conditions and I think it allows for you to view thw weather right from the TaskBar.. its called AeroWeather.. I can find it if you wanna try it.. I think there are programs to monitor CPU Resources , RSS Feeds and the one I mentioned.. all fitting in with Aero.. I think the weather one requires the clear Aero enabled not the plain blue..

My second account still looks that way ( minus my Start Orb and Explorer Frame )..... I will get to it one day.. :P

Edited by HX1

Would you like a tutorial.. LOL :lmao: Thanks BTW.. :thumbsup:

Ingredients:

Backgroud:Pearl - Color Variation inside.. ( easily color shifted however )

Rainmeter: Omnimo 4, Sectors ( may have to upload for you. It is the system monitoring in the upper left next to 'windows seven' ) I cannot find it anymore.. but have it.. and you may have to remove it from the Theme and resave it.. I am using the latest Beta of Rainmeter..

EDIT: Removed extra file location

I use some other stuff as well.. that isn't seen... but you will have to have the Theme I have enclosed.. and apply the background 'Tiled' unless your screen is larger than the image.. The themes go into AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Themes\ for the account you want to use it in.. User Variables will not be included so when you load the theme you may have to resize or move the panels... my desktop is 1280 x 800... Next some of these configs are hidden in the Omnimo 4 skins so they are not as easy to get at ( the reason for the Theme ) .. and I have customized oneof the Sidebar configs to be 460px ( also use the conig curl option to darken both values by 40 ) and have removed the code for a border to remove a white line... and have adjusted the transparency of the date and offset in a way that makes it look as though it stops at the edge of the sidebar.. Transparency was worked into the text areas as well to get the transparent look and the background config to get the desired look or feel ( sort of came from an idea I got from the small WP config I found too.. LOL..) but it was the general idea.. much more could be done given more time and coding inside of Rainmeter.. You can configure the Text items to be whatever you want and personal prefs in the panels for usage name and link, and program..and so on will be up to you..

EDIT: Most panels are resized to 100 instead of 150.. others are tweaked in.. The small windows orb that starts the StartMenu is more for appearance.. BUT it hasn't been resized.. it is a part of a 'TopBar' config or addon in Omnimo 4..

I would also advise that you download the Omnimo Panel Creator, and all panel packs for Omnimo.. to make sure you have everything.. all on the main site ( through the CP or Arrow ).. except the Mod Pack and the Panel Creator...

If I get the time I will still be working on some things with Omnimo to get some of the different looks out of it... What I did with this one was open up load and use every config I could find manually in Omnimo.. for my usage.. Then I had to work on creating something appealing and see what format I would have to use to get it all to work.. even had a little extra space in a few areas... and still had a bit of redundancy but others may not... Anyway I save the one with all the useful stuff open.. then worked n the appearance of the panels to see what I liked in the way of panel appearance and how it effected all of it.. so I worked from that mess I had made to get to this.. and will work from it again.. to get w/e comes next.. Resizing the panels and getting things to fit together nicely wasn't that hard.. but using the positioning to get it right for the proportion and layout took some time...

EDIT3: You may need to open the .THM file with Notepad and change this line 'SkinPath=C:\Users\*\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\'... its right at the top... where it says * you need to alter to be the user folder account name of what your using...

Edited by HX1

grouchysmurf

Ok, so how many elements can I combine? lol

Rainmeter, Omnimo, and my original desk, taskbar and borders

stay the same.

Posted Image

Edited by grouchysmurf

I have your IP now.. ALL UR INTERNETZ :evil: Belong to us... :rofl: Might want to obscure that.. or renew your IP.. :dunno:

grouchysmurf

I have your IP now.. ALL UR INTERNETZ :evil: Belong to us... :rofl: Might want to obscure that.. or renew your IP.. :dunno:

ROFL......c'mon in.....it won't hurt ..much

LOL, that is not my IP.

However, point well taken.

Edited by grouchysmurf

Sl@pSh0ck™

Here's mine, I always go for a clean look :)

Posted Image

grouchysmurf

Do one of these states look familiar.. :P Yes I do know the actual location.. LOL

LOL....like I said, I make no secrets.

There is a reason for that ;)

Yes, I am located in the Pacific NorthWest...Oregon...Portland

Comcast caries my net.....

Hardware firewalls protect it.....

If someone wants inside my system, they are welcome to it.

Takes about 20 minutes to re-image. :)

Besides, it has been a few years since I tracked down perverted wanna be hackers...

I think I still remember how.......:blink:

nivrid your desktop looks very nice.

I think I am done changing mine for a bit....changed it so much I confused myself lol

...LOL....like I said, I make no secrets.

Besides, it has been a few years since I tracked down perverted wanna be hackers...

I think I still remember how.......:blink: ...

you know I am just giving you a hard time though.. right.. :)

grouchysmurf

...LOL....like I said, I make no secrets.

I think I still remember how.......:blink: ...

you know I am just giving you a hard time though.. right.. :)

ROFL...bro no troubles....I am having a blast....

You are responsible for me twisting up my desktop..lololololololol

I cannot seem to stop playing with it.:P

+1 on the very nice desktop from nivrid... I might become tempted to customise mine too, but I'm trying not to :P