Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheEmpathicEar

The email notifications I received for these last two posts above ended up in my Gmail Spam folder. Any idea why? I just reported them not spam. And, the vast majority of email notifications from Nsane are not reported as spam.

I solved my invisibility issue by resetting the login info on RoboForm and entering my AutoFill and AutoSave credentials from scratch — the moral . . . . . . nSane login has changed (for the worse.)

Those who use use Self-Destructing Cookies might have noticed that soon after the Secure Certificate fiasco, nSane no longer permits cookies to be destructed on tab close (yellow) — this is a drop in cookie security. RL8WwPy.gif

1 hour ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

The email notifications I received for these last two posts above ended up in my Gmail Spam folder. Any idea why? I just reported them not spam. And, the vast majority of email notifications from Nsane are not reported as spam.

The anti-SPAM algorithm of Gmail is deaf, dumb, blind and a snitch — try a real anti-SPAM solution like MailWasher Pro. :lol:

• Administrator
Spoiler
On 8/29/2018 at 10:18 AM, Recruit said:

Is nsane no longer able to ensure the privacy for members logged in with anonymous way in topics / forums?

Example: @Israeli_Eagle :

He visited the forums last time in public way on August, 4th.

Fngpfal.png

Today, August, 29th, he can be seen on Software Updates forum, even if he is in anonymous mode.

BvcWool.png

It is not only about him. Looks like all members logged in this way can be seen on topics/forums except only the index page.

Sorry if it has been reported already, I was away for some time.

Regards,

;)

On 8/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, dcs18 said:

Just a heads-up:—

RFV7Wxp.png

On 8/30/2018 at 6:14 AM, ARMOUR said:

same here

@Batu69 is no longer active in nsane, but his name is in Recent Browsing list

pkcICcp.png

This problem has been fixed.

This is what I keep getting since yesterday morning when I try to access the forum. The only way I got here was thru the frontpage and some detours!

7185SgZ.jpg

• Administrator
Spoiler
3 hours ago, lurch234 said:

This is what I keep getting since yesterday morning when I try to access the forum. The only way I got here was thru the frontpage and some detours!

7185SgZ.jpg

You didn't read the red stripe announcement that been on for one week says we have a scheduled server maintenance on Sep 04!! 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

You didn't read the red stripe announcement that been on for one week says we have a scheduled server maintenance on Sep 04!! 

Of course I have read it!! Don't take me for an idiot!! While some people seem to have access to the forum as usual, I don't!

If this is going to be the expected response to possible bug reports then you and this dump of a forum can go take a hike!!

Incidentally, I have to use the history tab of my browser to get back on this topic. So the problem is still there. But I'm wasting my time here, since it's obvious that I seem to be the one at fault. I cannot read announcements. Apparently...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, lurch234 said:

Of course I have read it!! Don't take me for an idiot!! While some people seem to have access to the forum as usual, I don't!

If this is going to be the expected response to possible bug reports then you and this dump of a forum can go take a hike!!

Relax. I do not think he meant it that way.

Either way, even I was not able to open the forums when this was going on as this is a server message - which would be shown to each and everyone. So it's unlikely anyone else was able to open it.

• Administrator
On 9/5/2018 at 4:38 PM, lurch234 said:

What is this, then? 

Now I see what's happening. Had to re-read your post. Sorry, did not know you were still getting that error.

Please clear your browser cache, cookies and your OS DNS, that will fix it.

3 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Please clear your browser cache, cookies

Thank you my friend for the helpful reply. The first thing I did this morning was to clear my cookies but that didn't help. I should of cleared the cache too :P

• Administrator

No one on Sep 4 has access to the forums nor nsanedown because the server was completely down for maintenance. Also no one call you an idiot I didn't mention that in my reply I asked you a simple question which the answer to it yes or no my friend. People sometimes they forget or they don't pay attention to some stuff, so don't misunderstand what I replied and understand it the way you want because what I said was clear. Would you please clear all cache and cookies for the website and then login again. If you have the same problems please take a screenshot and post it or msg me. I will be more than happy to assist you with this.

Ops I didn't see that @DKT27 has already replied you.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also no one call you an idiot I didn't mention that in my reply I asked you a simple question which the answer to it yes or no my friend.

Listen Matt, I don't want to get into an argument but you didn't ask me any questions. You simply stated, and I quote:

You took for granted that I didn't see the announcement. Ending your statement with two exclamation points. Which could denote some frustration from your part. So, you don't have to explicitly call someone an idiot. You can imply it just by the way you elaborate your reply...

• Administrator
Spoiler
9 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Listen Matt, I don't want to get into an argument but you didn't ask me any questions. You simply stated, and I quote:

You took for granted that I didn't see the announcement. Ending your statement with two exclamation points. Which could denote some frustration from your part. So, you don't have to explicitly call someone an idiot. You can imply it just by the way you elaborate your reply...

You are acting like you are with me or know me which both are wrong I'm not going to reply you because you might misunderstand and understand what I'm typing the way you wanted. If you still have any more problems with accessing the site I will be more than happy to assist you with that.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

You are acting like you are with me or know me which both are wrong

And you, Sir , are acting the same way towards me! 

because you might misunderstand and understand what I'm typing the way you wanted.

Guest JooSeng

This is my request to this forum, can we have a dedicate Portables Software section?

I think would be interested for many members, and better organized than now, leaving software updates for standard ones.

Please @Matt consider if what I say is right or not.

Moving right along...

The forum is painfully slow for me, some threads open in 3-5 seconds, not intolerable, but when opening page 24 of this thread, it took 8 full seconds. I timed it.

I have a very fast FIOS connection running Win7 Pro, 64 bit. Matt has responded to a prior post I made about this, that a 5 second delay was intentional, Why would this be?

\\ R

On 9/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, lurch234 said:

Incidentally, I have to use the history tab of my browser to get back on this topic. So the problem is still there. But I'm wasting my time here, since it's obvious that I seem to be the one at fault. I cannot read announcements. Apparently...

I also had this but once i cleaned my cache all was fine

someone else has this problem in mozilla firefox 62 is blocking the comments does not appear the window to comment stays that way but the google chrome if something odd is happening with the latest version of firefox

iXyqTKS.jpg

Archived