Farewell Nsane Forums

Rock Lee

I went through this spanning about 5 years before I came to the point to where I hear more than two negative words thrown in anger.. and I don't care who is going to do what. You can settle it after I am gone.. *POOF*...Its like a whole negative energy that starts to surround everything and keeps you on the edge of mis-understanding anything that is borderline...Its ruined right there at that point.. parting ways..don't look back...don't even watch my smoke trail...Too much highway made out of wires..the world is TOO big.. and somewhere out there is someone, or something you will connect with.. if only for a short time that will prove to be what you need at the time.. where you will find what your looking for.. Life is too short to be made from something that is in over-abundance..and freely available..so much so it can block out the sun..Nothing wins but what you allow .. One thing that you can control..

I agree,if something doesnt feel right bout somethin,one should give it up,and look for the better suited

• Replies 58
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes .i personally like the moderation on this site,Mr Boss does a gud job,and love it here,this is my first ever forum by the way.

But as the saying goes "to each his own"

• Administrator

I'll just add: I'm sure lots of you have known me for years and know exactly what i'm about. I've been a forum admin for about 6 years now (some of these sites i've given away to others previously) and a moderator on some large forums for about 8 years. I've seen members come and go for ages. I've learnt from the mistakes made by admins of other forums and those shall not (hopefully) be repeated here.

I'll say there is something different between June and September - we have lots more active members now than previous. We are growing. We are evolving (you'll see some some new stuff very soon). Lets keep it that way ;)

I'll just add: I'm sure lots of you have known me for years and know exactly what i'm about. I've been a forum admin for about 6 years now (some of these sites i've given away to others previously) and a moderator on some large forums for about 8 years. I've seen members come and go for ages. I've learnt from the mistakes made by admins of other forums and those shall not (hopefully) be repeated here.

I'll say there is something different between June and September - we have lots more active members now than previous. We are growing. We are evolving (you'll see some some new stuff very soon). Lets keep it that way ;)

u r a fantastic Admin and I am actually amazed how streamlined thing are about and around here.I am sure we wll have new stuff tp play around with soon

@ Atasas

Yup a fast 6 months it was

@ Anteus

Thanks for having me :)

@ 3NIGM4

I'm looking for a light to show me where the shore is huh? Nah I'm not out to sea. I know where I'm headed and where I should be. Thanks for the input tho.

@ Hate9x

I'll have "phun" wherever it is I end up...hopefully

@ dMog

You & I are two separate people with different agendas. Comparing yourself to me isn't the right way to look at this. Your member number doesn't have much to do with this situation if you ask me. The only thing that number tells me is that you've been here from the beginning. Forgive me for not knowing about the site years ago. You said not to take "grow up" personally so I won't. But don't make conclusions out of haste. Think them out first...

@ Tucker

Later Tuck

@ Jalaffa

Never said you did kicked me out. I understand this was my decision and I hold myself fully accountable for it. ; Respect is a word I hope that everyone uses very carefully here. My policy is: Your respect level is based off of the respect you give me. The staff are of the exact same quality in terms of respect as a new user is. I don't like giving respect to someone I don't even know because they have an elevated status. You earn your respect over time, just as I expect you to treat me.

@ KDude

You haven't done anything wrong. Thanks for the luck wishes.

@ RudeBoy

I do have a few requests left :P ; Seriously, I dunno about the last part...

@ Marik

:lol: I forgot about that. In that case no you won't be ;)

@ shought

Change can only be made if all parties involved are willing to do their part. I tried, to no avail. If not hard enough, I disagree. ; Ground me? Nah I think I'm older than you anyway. That would be really weird :P

@ heath28m

Finally someone relates to the situation. You said what I would have said in a much longer version but you did say what I've been feeling:

It winds up not being a huge angry brawl and no hard feelings but something you just can't change or it would be already.. and you can't shake to get back like it was..

Even more so:

Its like a whole negative energy that starts to surround everything and keeps you on the edge of mis-understanding anything that is borderline...Its ruined right there at that point..

It took longer than I expected for at least one person to look at this from my standpoint. I appreciate you pointing things out.

@ Lite // People who are talking about Lite

No one is making this a personal issue. Why people keep talking you up as if I were putting you down is beyond me. I never said that "Lite is a horrible admin" nor did I imply it as I know someone would eventually say. Your actions and the lack of reaction is what I have a problem with. We discussed this via PM. You haven't replied to that. I think that once you get used to running things a certain way you either can't see things differently or don't want to. That's your choice. But there does come a time where changes have to be made. And if they aren't then the users who felt that things weren't fair won't try to stick around.

EDIT: Forgot to address the June and September part. - Evolution isn't always a good thing...

• Administrator

I, well, what to say. Yes I will miss you and your insults. :P . Please don't mind the line and the further things I'm gonna say.

As far as I remembered you were the first one I met on the site's forums on the Corcos Reaper or that sort.

I know that you will give me an different answer. I never doubted you skill or work, and really appreciate it, bein on so many torrent sites and be active on the whole torrent world is a big thin if you ask me.

To be honest, thing was that I was really in a way very unhappy or maybe tired the way you insulted, and when asked to stop you had once told me, if you wanted to insult, you would had done it already. I mean forget what happened between you and the staffs but think does insultin anyone get you anyway? No it doesn't. Well I hope this is the last site you are leavin.

ANW let forget it all and as I said I have respected your work and have appreciated it. Have a good future life. :)

Rock,

I have not known you personally, only PM once or so, but I used to read some of the stuffs you posted. They were quality dude.

I don't really know what problems you ran into with the staffs, nor will I claim I understand your feelings; just want you to know that you were being appreciated for your contributions.

You see, I registered here because a good friend (which has broken contact with me now - I don't want to state any names) started publishing his work here. And after some months he left the forums too. But I still come here everyday, even after two years! If you ask me why, I wouldn't be able to answer you man. Probably because of the NSANE atmosphere that prevails. I really feel like being part of a family here and there are really people with great sense of humor and attitude.

Though my post count is lame, I can say that this is a very different forum man... It is where real friendship begins... Even though you leave, you won't forget all the great dudes you met here; maybe you will keep contact with some via other means or other forums... But the quality of people here is different and you know that man. That's why you devoted so much of your time helping others on NSANEFORUMS.

I want to wish you luck in your future endeavors man...

Maybe sometimes some stuffs are better taken lightly and forgotten quickly. It's a shame that this has not happen and we are losing a cool guy like you...

Peace.

Rock,

I have not known you personally, only PM once or so, but I used to read some of the stuffs you posted. They were quality dude.

I don't really know what problems you ran into with the staffs, nor will I claim I understand your feelings; just want you to know that you were being appreciated for your contributions.

You see, I registered here because a good friend (which has broken contact with me now - I don't want to state any names) started publishing his work here. And after some months he left the forums too. But I still come here everyday, even after two years! If you ask me why, I wouldn't be able to answer you man. Probably because of the NSANE atmosphere that prevails. I really feel like being part of a family here and there are really people with great sense of humor and attitude.

Though my post count is lame, I can say that this is a very different forum man... It is where real friendship begins... Even though you leave, you won't forget all the great dudes you met here; maybe you will keep contact with some via other means or other forums... But the quality of people here is different and you know that man. That's why you devoted so much of your time helping others on NSANEFORUMS.

I want to wish you luck in your future endeavors man...

Maybe sometimes some stuffs are better taken lightly and forgotten quickly. It's a shame that this has not happen and we are losing a cool guy like you...

Peace.

Some nice words there :)

@ shought

Change can only be made if all parties involved are willing to do their part. I tried, to no avail. If not hard enough, I disagree. ; Ground me? Nah I think I'm older than you anyway. That would be really weird :P

Not hard enough, I'd say :) By hard I don't mean playing hard. I personally didn't notice anything that could cause you to leave the site and if you don't 'alert' us then there's no way for us to know.

Now you explained what you disliked and we explained to you what was going on and why certain decisions were(n't) made (at the time), but still you're leaving, if you ask me it's not the best move you could make, but as mentioned previously, it's your decision.

Let's not get age into this, I'm sure there's quite a few people of my age who are a lot more mature than certain people twice my age, therefore talking about age is bullshit(to me :rolleyes: ). Just explaining :D

• Administrator

We should adjust to to conditions, whether good or bad. But not insultin I tell you.

• Administrator
Evolution isn't always a good thing...

Please do find me a site older than 1 year that hasn't changed one bit and is still every bit as active as it has been. (and i'm not talking about sites with 200 visitors/ month...)

This ain't right...

If you are going Rock, I think both parties should part in good terms! Else this will just wipe all the efforts you put into NSANE...

Discussing over what happened, will just pour over more frustrations man.

Peace.

@ DKT (first post)

Apparently you didn't comprehend what "If I wanted to I would have" means. Let me slow it down for you so you can understand:

An insult is blatant. It's in your face. It's as clear as day to see. Show me exactly where I said "DKT you're a/you act like/ [insert insult here]". You can't.

"If I wanted to I would have" means: I didn't insult you. Hence that sentence. Had I already insulted you then I wouldn't have said that would I? No I wouldn't.

Don't continue this in this thread. PM me directly to talk about this if you're going to take this seriously. Many times I've replied to you with something you didn't like or understand. That's when the conversation ended. Only PM me if you'll reply to everything I say. Otherwise I'll be wasting my time.

As I've said earlier, don't tug on superman's cape if you don't want him to get angry.

Aside from that, I will have a good future life :)

@ Peace

Heath said it best:

For him its not the same anymore, and he is pursuit of something that feels the way it used to.. Nobody can give that back. It is something he simply has to find for himself.. whatever it may be.. Something un-tainted as it were I think..

The atmosphere I felt 6 months ago isn't the same.

@ shought

I said I disagree already ;) ; I know you haven't noticed because you weren't the problem. I wouldn't discuss things between another person & I with anyone but that person. It's a personal thing. ; You've been saying that a lot. So what exactly is the best decision for me? I'm very curious to see what your answer is & how you'll word it so be careful :) ; The age part was a joke Flash. You said you're just like me. You should've known that was a joke...

@ DKT (second post)

When adjusting doesn't work there's no point in wasting time trying to do so imo...

@ Lite

That's not what I meant. Evolution in your forum's case is what I mean. Of course you're going to disagree. It's not a good thing for me. So why stay and watch something I grew so close to metamorphasize into something I can't even stand anymore? I can't find a reason.

• Administrator

I guess we have some mixed emotions floating about. I think we all need to agree - we win together and lose together. On all forums members will leave and members will come - its standard practice. Some of these members will have contributed more to a community than others. Forums over time will change, sometimes people will not like these. It is essential to keep the key beliefs through any evolution the same. It is clear Rock Lee doesn't think this is the case.

And yes, this topic was briefly closed. I think the right time to close it however would be when Rock has done his "final" disapearing act. For now he is here and lets all let the thread prove its purpose - to say "bye" to Rock Lee.

I'll reserve this post for my reply to your reply to my reply(uhuh, it's still right :P).

@Lite

Thank u Lite for reopening this thread.I felt really bad when the threat was closed.

Reading this thread make me a little bit sad.

I am very happy to be a member of this community and to meet some good friends here (far from my country: Poland, Israel, US, Pakistan,India, Middle-East...)

I have so much respect to the staff, admin and moderators. Particularly to Lite and Shought.

So please don't break this "magic".

The best changes are the result of people convincing people and never by people fighting people.

As I say in many similar situations in life... just chill, relax, do what you do and don't let yourself be bothered by passing problems. Because the real solution is trying to find a solution, and not to overreact and not to overthink ... In my estimation, what I've experienced, overthinking and overreacting are 2 roots of evil in life.

Just clear your minds people and keep on doing what you do. Contemplating over meaningless things is in vain.

Just clear your minds people and keep on doing what you do.

that is keep this Forum Rocking,all of us together :)

• Administrator

@Rock Lee: I would like to keep your last days on nsane at it best so no arguments with you thinking-017.GIF .

I said it all in my first post and will keep it till there.

I would like you and myself to end the problems and arguments, between you and me without further clashes and playin with words.

I soulfully give a good bye to you :)

Archived