Farewell Nsane Forums

Rock Lee

Whoa, this is a lot harder to type than I thought it would be. I guess my home away from home isn't going to be easy to walk away from but I feel it's time. As I've said many times before, these forums were once the most important to me. I poured any extra time I had into coming here and joining discussions, helping users, and the occasional teasing of shought & Marik :P Below I'll try to explain why I'm leaving and address some questions you may have.

! - Warning: This will be a long read.

Why I'm leaving

There has been plenty of things that's gone on behind the scenes that many (not all) of you haven't noticed. The base of it is, situations could have been handled better than they were. I'm not dropping any names or stating any cases in which those problems occurred because that's between the parties involved and myself.

I don't want to start anything by saying this but there's a big change in the forums that I've noticed also. I can't directly put my finger on it, but there is a difference between June at Nsane.Forums and September at Nsane.Forums. Maybe it's just me...

One final note I want to add: I've done everything that I possibly could to make this forum a better place. I've joined in on competitions, helped as many people as I could, and was as active as I could be for a while. I don't feel like there is anything left for me to do here.

Personal thanks/goodbyes

At first I didn't want to name anyone for the fear of forgetting someone. I thought about it and realized that this thread will be open until the day that I leave, which will be next Monday. So if I forget your name (I hope I don't) then tell me! It won't hurt my feelings one bit if you say "Hey where is my name?" if we were that close. Now let's get to it:

*There is no order. This is done by the name that pops up in my head next, meaning it's completely random.

Ness - One of my first "friends" here at Nsane. We chatted it up a lot through PM's when I first got here. I appreciated it a lot because when I first arrived I didn't know where to start or how people would react to me. You were one of the first to let your guard down and accept me. Thanks ^_^

Marik - The 5 star anime-fiend general. You were also one of the first to befriend me here. I'll miss the the fun that I had with you and shought (the love letters should be revealed soon :sneaky:). I did a few things for you (birthday gift ;)), you did more for me. As I'll end up saying to all of the people I address, I appreciate the things you did.

Shought - (With a capital S, sir, if you still remember the joke :P) You always claim you're "Faster than Lightning" so I gave you the name Flash. You haven't used it yet, why not? :fear: jk, you & I really didn't start to talk until a couple of weeks after I got here. Maybe it's because you were busy. Maybe it's because you wanted to give me space. Maybe it's because your Ultimate Defrag guide got completely pwned by my Fort Knox guide! :lol: I'm gonna miss poking fun at you. Marik called you "Mr. Sausage fest" in my 3 months thread :lmao: Is Lite still in that love triangle too? Good times, good times... ; Again, I appreciate you taking all of the laughs in stride.

Han - I'll start your slot with a few quotes that uh...um, let's say were a little on the weird side:

It's Official..

I LUF YA

It's just 1 luff babehgirll

:lmao:

:unsure: Look bruh, I don't have a problem with a man crush but using the "l" word...yeah I don't think we should talk about this. It's not you, it's me. ; lol Seriously, we became cool after the first competition. Since then it's just been one laugh after another. None like the ones I have with shought because I'm not laughing at you like I am at him. I hope you'll stick around here for a while when I'm gone. They need a weirdo like you :yes:

Jfe (Jalaffa) - You and I haven't had much direct conversation. Not sure why, I don't think you talk to anyone like that though. Maybe it's because you're always looking for the next update to you can call yourself Flash too. Whatever the reason may be, you & I are cool...at least I think so. I as I believe everyone else does appreciate the work you do. Keep it up.

Biz - Before the staffer position you & I chilled out in the tavern all the time. What thread was it...what would you do if? I believe it was. That used to be our stomping grounds, poking fun at each other almost on a daily basis. That's what I did a lot here. It was fun. Sometimes I wish things could go back to the way they were a few months ago. That's when the forum was at it's prime imo. Thanks for the early comradery that you made with Han and I.

Things that need to be said

First and foremost I'd like to say that I don't want any member to be the next me. I've had conversations with people over my few months here (not members of the forums yet) who said they wanted to be like me. No, you don't. I want you to be the first and only you. Don't walk in my footsteps, as they lead away from the forums. Walk next to them.

Second, to anyone who was paying attention to the bouts between Ambrocious and I, keep an open mind. Of course you can see that I am dead set against what he said. Be that as it may, you have your own choice to make. I was only showing you both sides of the story. It is up to you to think for yourself. Remember that.

Third, as far as sharing goes, keep it alive. I won't be here to give away Demonoid invites or PreToMe invites or anything else of the sort. To those of you who will be, stay generous.

Questions you may ask

Q. - If you're not going to be here, where will you be? //

A. - I'm not sure yet. I may have an answer by sunday. Until then I dunno...

Q. - Why are you making a thread? Why not just leave? //

A. - I don't wanna be just another guy that leaves the forums without saying goodbye. I still respect this place & it's members enough to say goodbye.

Q. - Why are you doing this publicly? What makes you so special? //

A. - I am doing this publicly for the week because not everyone will be here on my final day. This gives them a chance to say goodbye if they want to. ; Nothing makes me special. Nothing separates you from me. I am just like you. I don't do this because I'm looking for attention. I don't do this because I feel like I'm the best here. I do it because I feel like I should.

Q. - Are you condemning Nsane all together? //

A. - No. I will be checking nsanedown periodically but I won't be here.

Final thoughts

Nsane Forums was my home away from home for good reason. Things, like myself change. I hope that the members that make this place great will remain here. I also hope that more members arrive and remain active also.

Don't think of this as an end. Think of this as a beginning, just one without me ;)

Farewell Nsane Forums,

► Rock Lee

• Replies 58
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still couldn't read an answer of why you're leaving?

I guess I could have been more clear in my ways of saying it. I'll try to elaborate better here:

There has been plenty of things that's gone on behind the scenes that many (not all) of you haven't noticed. The base of it is, situations could have been handled better than they were.

There's been a few things that has happened lately that I didn't like. Along with others that haven't been done (until very recently, too late though) that rubbed me the wrong way also.

I don't want to start anything by saying this but there's a big change in the forums that I've noticed also.

This wasn't a a major part in my decision but something just doesn't feel the same here. Like I said, maybe it's just me. Maybe I need a change of scenery. I dunno, that's just how it is.

I don't feel like there is anything left for me to do here.

Pretty much self explanatory. Sometimes I feel "accomplished" in certain situations. After that I lose enthusiasm and inspiration. Sorry to say that I think that has happened here.

Aah man.. No good news :(..

Because of you I began to be more and more Active @ the forums. You boosted the level @ the Forums like x10, that's why the topics became more interesting. Was a lot of fun replying to your replies, cuz they were argumented with facts and therefore I learned a lot of it.

Those quotes.. lawl.. U made me laugh when I read them.

(Note: not gay or hell :') )

--

Third, as far as sharing goes, keep it alive. I won't be here to give away Demonoid invites or PreToMe invites or anything else of the sort. To those of you who will be, stay generous.

Don't worry.. I'll keep it here alive with PTM, :D.. Points are flowing in, demonoid = recoverd.. U can trust me with it ;)

Also, U leaving, can't help it.. your choice and you had ur reasons.. I wont stop ya from going, cuz it'l give someone feelings like.. "Yea he's staying because of us bla bla bla" and that sux :)

Short line: We'll miss ya, do come here from time to time :)

Well I've been here a bit longer than you (don't mind the low post count, I mostly read). And I can't see a significant change. I believe the peak was actually when I joined. And by the way, if you're going to compare June to September, you must remember that one was summer, the other is autumn when students go to school and vacations end. It's the same thing everywhere, I as a forum owner know that there are highs and lows. But you said that it wasn't major argument in your decision.... God knows what the real reasons are..

But I have to agree, the activity of this forum rose after you joined. I remember that I won the poster of the week award, and then you joined and in a week you took it over... I was like wow, that dude got more posts in a week than I in months :D

Well I don't feel that I know you as well as the rest of them here.. but I did enjoy you being here..and a bunch of the topics you added input on would not have been what they were without you..

Personally, from what I have seen in forums, I would say stay. Or at least come back once in awhile.. I have been a part of so many forums I can't even begin to count them all. There are periods of a 'Lull' if you will that occur sometimes.. You can be answering like crazy and then for some reason its like you cover it... Sometimes it just doesn't feel the same.. It is reasonable, and understandable from my point of view. It really is a personal decision that will best suit your needs..according to what you endeavor to do. But I still think you could leave the door open.. if you will.. I think a lot of people look for you to be here.. and that people do care if your leaving.

There are always going to be things we don't agree with go on. Sometimes it can be something that someone doesn't really think about, and how it effects the entirety of everyone here. The decision can be run down and swift and some harder to make .. some Admin don't even want to make, or allow but they have to. I think when we really are looking for a certain quality to exist, it can be a fine-line of where it does and doesn't.. but if that's all we look for we miss a point of understanding the next step, and some other things that take place and why they have to. If that's what we use it for, then we must pursue it..

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do.. ;)

Aah man.. No good news :(..

Because of you I began to be more and more Active @ the forums. You boosted the level @ the Forums like x10, that\'s why the topics became more interesting. Was a lot of fun replying to your replies, cuz they were argumented with facts and therefore I learned a lot of it.

Nah it wasn\'t because of me. The only thing I did was post a lot. It took you guys to reply for me to reply back. It wasn\'t only me ;)

Those quotes.. lawl.. U made me laugh when I read them.

(Note: not gay or hell :\') )

:lol: Yeah, I know. I laughed when I found & re-read em. Not gay...sure :P

--

Don\'t worry.. I\'ll keep it here alive with PTM, :D.. Points are flowing in, demonoid = recoverd.. U can trust me with it ;)

Good

Also, U leaving, can\'t help it.. your choice and you had ur reasons.. I wont stop ya from going, cuz it\'l give someone feelings like.. \"Yea he\'s staying because of us bla bla bla\" and that sux :)

Short line: We\'ll miss ya, do come here from time to time :)

Yeah, & trust me I didn\'t make this decision over night. I thought about this for a while before I made the decision final.

Well I\'ve been here a bit longer than you (don\'t mind the low post count, I mostly read). And I can\'t see a significant change. I believe the peak was actually when I joined. And by the way, if you\'re going to compare June to September, you must remember that one was summer, the other is autumn when students go to school and vacations end. It\'s the same thing everywhere, I as a forum owner know that there are highs and lows. But you said that it wasn\'t major argument in your decision.... God knows what the real reasons are..

Post count doesn\'t matter to me :P ; I\'m not comparing, I\'m just saying that something feels different. I understand it\'s one summer & that people started school again (I have too <_<). The feel is just different. ; Nah it wasn\'t. I said what the real reasons are. They\'re just confidential. I guess if you really wanna know why I\'ll tell you but through PM.

But I have to agree, the activity of this forum rose after you joined. I remember that I won the poster of the week award, and then you joined and in a week you took it over... I was like wow, that dude got more posts in a week than I in months :D

:lmao: Yup I won it in my first week. Sorry about that, I was a bit overzealous when I first got here. I got hooked pretty easily when I came, that resulted in 100 posts in like 3 days :P

Well I don\'t feel that I know you as well as the rest of them here.. but I did enjoy you being here..and a bunch of the topics you added input on would not have been what they were without you..

Personally, from what I have seen in forums, I would say stay. Or at least come back once in awhile.. I have been a part of so many forums I can\'t even begin to count them all. There are periods of a \'Lull\' if you will that occur sometimes.. You can be answering like crazy and then for some reason its like you cover it... Sometimes it just doesn\'t feel the same.. It is reasonable, and understandable from my point of view. It really is a personal decision that will best suit your needs..according to what you endeavor to do. But I still think you could leave the door open.. if you will.. I think a lot of people look for you to be here.. and that people do care if your leaving.

There are always going to be things we don\'t agree with go on. Sometimes it can be something that someone doesn\'t really think about, and how it effects the entirety of everyone here. The decision can be run down and swift and some harder to make .. some Admin don\'t even want to make, or allow but they have to. I think when we really are looking for a certain quality to exist, it can be a fine-line of where it does and doesn\'t.. but if that\'s all we look for we miss a point of understanding the next step, and some other things that take place and why they have to. If that\'s what we use it for, then we must pursue it..

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do.. ;)

Everything you said has been taken into account but there\'s nothing wrong with hearing it for a second time. I realize that forums can and will get a \"lull\" as you called it because I\'ve seen it happen here before. It\'s only been 6 months but I feel like my time is up here. At first the feelings weren\'t as strong, but as things kept getting amplified the feelings got stronger and stronger. I didn\'t do this in the heat of the moment. I took time to think it out & this is what\'s best for me.

I\'m not the type to leave and then come back multiple times. This is serious. Just making sure that everyone understands that.

Im new and i dont know you but... I wish you luck in your life

Doesn\'t matter, old or new. Thanks for the wishes ^_^

Bye, we\'ll miss you.

Thanks, I you too.

• Administrator

I'll just come out and say; so everyone knows why Rock has decided to leave. He doesn't like the "way things are done around here" - i'm talking in terms of moderating.

I wish you all the best.

I'll just come out and say; so everyone knows why Rock has decided to leave. He doesn't like the "way things are done around here" - i'm talking in terms of moderating.

I wish you all the best.

I didn't wanna say it out in the open because I didn't know if you were ok with it or not. But clearly that isn't the case.

So everyone can hear it directly from me: No, I don't like the way things are done around here.

That isn't the only reason as I've already stated though. Hope that cleared it up.

Thats one short and very fast life span you've had here!.. no thanks from me, but Luv Ya- Yep!- big time! :lol:

Bah, i come and go, you'll do the same. This site is teh quality, and i'm happy that the crew kept the shit goin on after nsane pick up with his real life (you know the stuff graviting around our computer?:)) Dont take stuff personally online, what really matters is your real life and to me it sounds that you looking for a lighthouse. Wish the best for you, actually i wish the best for everyone.

it's only internet after all.. just have phun. but if you're willing to leave, it's your choice.. it was nice to know you. ;)

You won't quit coming here... Look at my member # I have been around from almost the beginning and this site is the only one i have found that did not get taken over with "bad attitude". grow up and see this site for what it really is.... fantastic and it is that because of the quality site staff here and how they have chosen to run this place... see you around and hope you don't take this too personally

grow up and see this site for what it really is.... fantastic and it is that because of the quality site staff here and how they have chosen to run this place.

I liked the part about the staff :lol:

Sorry to read that you are leaving us Rock Lee :(

We did not kick you out, but you decided to leave. You should have paid more attention to the respecting the moderators part I think. This is history now anyways...

Hey Rock,

I hope u change ur decision and stay.When i tell someone we have great people here

on nsane in a thread,i have people in mind and one of them is u.Thank u for ur contribution

to this site.

I m sorry if i have ever done u wrong :sorry:

U were helping and generous.I wll miss u and i m sad :sadbye:

Gud luck for everything :(

Didn't really know you for a long time, but you seem like cool guy. It's sad to see you go and if you leave who's gonna request movies from me? :D

I've been around for ages too and I come and go. Hope you end up doing the same. :)

see ya man, you will be missed :D (I for one will miss you)

btw, there is always MSN, so I guess I won't miss you that long :lmao:

You'll be missed for your positive input.

If you don't like the way things are done, change them(Just like I don't like my school, I change it, you know, break some windows and all :P Sorry, I can't help but joking, that's me :D).

I still do not feel like you've made the right decision, but as pointed out previously it's still your decision, so I've got nothing to say about it(I can't ground you, can I? :rolleyes: ).

@Rock

U no i was wondering, when in a post of urs addressed to me u said,when i m gone i hope the sharing continous,i was wondering y u wrote that.I should have guessed that u were thinking of leaving the site...

well i hope u stay

Someone stop me if I am wrong.. but I think that a mixture of feeling like there is nothing really going on here that requires his attention( direction ), mixed with a negative feeling that he can't shake, and a decision that he can't agree with has taken the 'FIRE' out of the 'LOVE AFFAIR' here... It happens to people all the time. It winds up not being a huge angry brawl and no hard feelings but something you just can't change or it would be already.. and you can't shake to get back like it was..

Kind of like if you went to a site that was a place where you and some of your friends hung out, and Lobbyist took over.. and you couldn't run them off .. or someone said well Lobbyist need friends too.. yet the environment changed from it being about friends to a political forum, and business.. and demographical marketing.. and the economy.. and before you know it .. The site changes it's name..For him its not the same anymore, and he is pursuit of something that feels the way it used to.. Nobody can give that back. It is something he simply has to find for himself.. whatever it may be.. Something un-tainted as it were I think.. I mean I have been there from one end of the spectrum to the other in tears because of things..

..because an Admin had his own agenda, and didn't care about nothing but the cycle he needed to turn for his advertisers I lost connections with EVERYONE I knew and had connected with for over three years.. and what started it was the fact that my profile kept being wiped out. They gave everything from excuses that it was my code that was doing it ( which was simple CSS ) to that I needed to upgrade my Flash Player ( with no flash on the page ) and change my code which used Media Player ( which didn't even work with the stream I was using )To what he thought was the player ( finally coming down t the fact he didn't even know how to view/use the content or what it even was yet woked for everyone I had talked to )..These weren't suggestions nor guidelines, but handed to me as resolutions to the problem, like I was noob pre-teen with no experience. I lost it after going back and forth with what seemed like crappy excuse after crappy excuse for three weeks.. and replacing my profile from my own backup over 15 times..and changing my password just as many. When I was done.. I was sitting here thinking about how much I would like to take the Webmasters job from him.. I wanted to watch his site BLEED. About what his own profile in the site was bent towards..yet mis-represented.. But I win in the end because that site can no longer represent me, my name, nor their objectives. Legally bound to do so. He deserved every malformed word I typed, and the actions I took in the end.. I won't even look at the site again, nor will I go into another site that backed a guy who verbally attacked me personally in a forum, in which the Admin banned me for..and backed this guy up. It was like watching someone with Touret syndrome have an episode with their fingers, me sitting here going WTF?.. and then having them come after me, after devoting my entire Holiday to helping people in their forum. Spending DAYS of my time for their benefit, and reaching resolutions. In fact after that I read in this forum from some 'member' under Admin complaints about how stupid I was.

I mean technically I could have gotten a fake e-mail account and went back.. Did my thing.. but I mean the 'SITE(S)' as it were aren't made out of gold.. and there are more important things.. then being ompletely consumed by it, or anything of the like.

I went through this spanning about 5 years before I came to the point to where I hear more than two negative words thrown in anger.. and I don't care who is going to do what. You can settle it after I am gone.. *POOF*...Its like a whole negative energy that starts to surround everything and keeps you on the edge of mis-understanding anything that is borderline...Its ruined right there at that point.. parting ways..don't look back...don't even watch my smoke trail...Too much highway made out of wires..the world is TOO big.. and somewhere out there is someone, or something you will connect with.. if only for a short time that will prove to be what you need at the time.. where you will find what your looking for.. Life is too short to be made from something that is in over-abundance..and freely available..so much so it can block out the sun..Nothing wins but what you allow .. One thing that you can control..

Archived