• Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, should clarify:

Active-CIS; Stand alone - BitDefenderFree; IOBIT; MBAM; Unhackme + Cleaners

• Administrator

You also use Comodo AV? :blink:

Or no AV? :o

• Administrator

Oh okay okay. I hope to see if your computer would be alive tomorrow. :P . Just jokin. ;)

You guys really should consider Rollback Rx or Comodo Time Machine.

You guys really should consider Rollback Rx or Comodo Time Machine.

Got/had preBeta CTM from time, when interface was fugly

I am currently using Avira Premium Security. I have really fallen for Avira's anti-virus program but I don't care for their firewall. I would like to have a bit more functionality. What stand alone firewall would one of you recommend?

• Administrator

Yea they are on the top.

BTW Bizarre, can you post the security results where there were lists of top firewalls. I think I forgot where I kept the link. :ph34r:

• Administrator

Yea thanx. Somehow I wasn't able to find it on the moustec site. :blink:

@Quest2be1: That link will give you full idea on what is suitable for you. ;)

Thanks Bizarre and DKT27. I suppose I will start off trying the free one first. I would like one that allows me to manually configure the ports unlike Avira's firewall.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Norton AV 2010

MBAM (real-time protection enabled)

Comodo Firewall

SandboxIE (browser/email client/chat client)

Zemana antilogger

Comodo time machine

Cool DKT. I would try Comodo but I don't want another 2in1 package. I have a trial for Avira Premium and once it runs out I'm going to purchase Avira AntiVir Premium (stand-alone av). Have you ever tried PC Tools Firewall? I read some good reviews but no personal opinion from the forums yet. So far I'm leaning towards Online Armor Premium or PC Tools Firewall.

• Administrator

No I haven't tried PC Tools Firewall. I recommend you to try the firewalls by yourself and see what suits your needs.

Comodo comes with AV + Firewall. AV and firewall can be disabled/enabled(respectively) during the installation and after it, without any problems and just in one click. ;)

Comodo is also known to have best HIPS around. And it's free.

Comodo comes with AV + Firewall. AV and firewall can be disabled/enabled(respectively) during the installation and after it, without any problems and just in one click. ;)

Nice, I like when they give that option. I'll be downloading Comodo tonight and by the weekend I'll have tried out all of the ones we mentioned :)

• Administrator

I recommend you to keep the default settings but if you are very unhappy when it asks to allow or unallow, you can keep it on training mode. But hey that's not recommended.

Cool cool, thanks for your input dkt. I do have experience with hardware firewalls, however I have zero experience with software firewalls. You have definitely given me some guidance.

So far Comodo is really good. I'm looking for an option that allows me to apply settings to avoid certain images/popups on websites.

• Administrator

Hey I don't have any experience in hardware firewall. :tooth:

I don't know about any application, but in FF, options > Content > block popup windows. ;)

To block ads and images, try Adblock Plus addon for firefox.

Archived