Windows 10 Users Criticize the New Start Menu Design Coming in Redstone Update

Batu69

3 hours ago, steven36 said:

If you watch  this video here    the only cards  AMD  support  in newer versions of Linux would cost you 100s of dollars  as well . This guy   cant even get steam  to  load  on Ubuntu and says he  most likely will go back to windows    and he does Linux  post on YouTube

AMD was told to update their drivers but they didn't. Ubuntu dropped support for fglrx and AMD will now have to come up with a new driver.

That was actually a good move from Ubuntu.If you are an AMD gpu owner you can still use Ubuntu 15 until the new driver comes up 

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vibranium
18 hours ago, Batu69 said:

Redmond says that it hasn’t yet made any decision on the Start menu and it all depends on the feedback it receives, so make sure you post your thoughts in the Feedback app to let the company know what you think about this new design.

I don't believe Mr. Redmond. I just don't.

11 hours ago, Holmes said:

What a hypocrite you dont use windows ten now and your commenting on it and you called me out for doing that lawls.  I agree the start menu looks ugly as hell its may we have two months for them to fix it as for whether to use it or not use it or dont no need to tell everyone why you dont use it nobody cares.

exactly.

"no need to tell everyone why you dont use it nobody cares." :doh:

7 hours ago, haxzion said:

AMD was told to update their drivers but they didn't. Ubuntu dropped support for fglrx and AMD will now have to come up with a new driver.

That was actually a good move from Ubuntu.If you are an AMD gpu owner you can still use Ubuntu 15 until the new driver comes up 

Hi, > > after an update yesterday evening, I was greeted by a mirrored desktop > today and the fact that I couldn't find the AMD configuration utility. > > After some searching and digging, I found that someone decided to > remove fglrx from Ubuntu 16.04 and it was even published on the > ReleaseNotes site: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseNotes#fgl > rx [I'm pretty sure that that wasn't there two weeks ago when I > switched to Ubuntu 16.04 Beta] > > I'm not sure what the reason for that is, but I'd hope someone could > reverse that decision. > > Why reverse it? Without FGLRX/Catalyst AMD users don't have any way of > running OpenGL 4.3/4.4/4.5 applications. You may say 'so install the > package from AMD's website' to which I'd reply that I tried that but > DKMS decided that that is a really bad idea and denied me that request. Can't be done, sorry. AMD won't support fglrx on 16.04*, period. There will be a userspace blob released later this year that should cover the missing bits and it will be added to 16.04, but it's been well known for quite a while already that they were moving towards a shared core stack (amdgpu kernel driver), and we had to make a decision for 16.04. And installing the package from AMD doesn't help, as it doesn't support the xserver 1.18 video ABI, which got in xenial earlier this week and is what removed the incompatible driver from your system. * http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/857070-ubuntu-is-deprecating-fglrx-catalyst-in-16-04-lts?p=857203#post857203

They had a long time they could of deprecated fglrx if they was going to do it they should done when it Ubuntu 15.10 came out you should never release LTS without working drivers ..When 15.10 1st came out fglrx didn't work for it  ether  tell they patched the stack . They had Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) and Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf) both were short time releases  if they wanted to make new drivers  this should of been already done long before 16.04  LTS  came out.

15.10 (Wily Werewolf)  stops being  supported  in July 2016 .. If you plain too stay with Ubuntu and use fglrx  you will need to use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS end of life date April 2019.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Maintenance updates will be provided for 5 years for Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Cloud, Ubuntu Core, Ubuntu Kylin, Edubuntu, and Kubuntu. All the remaining flavours will be supported for 3 years.

You cant trust AMD  to ever to make drivers  that will work on all GPUs  again on windows  they never made  them   if  you look at steam

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

You will see most of the DX 11 GPUS still in use is AMD  And most of the DX 12 ones are NVIDIA. You cant trust AMD  to ever make working drivers for older GPUS  they  have crappy  support .

BimBamSmash

Just allow full customization on Start Menu, where users gets to place anything anywhere in the start menu area, rather than defining boundaries and limitations for each option. I think most people will be happy with that, and it saves them all the design headache. Of course, there could be a default template in place for those who don't care for such a thing.

All amd 7xxx and up are DX12 fully compatible problem is everyone is hyping DX12 and it can't even do what Microsoft promised no Game Developers want to implement multiGPU CPU configs in it complaining to much work and will break other features in the DX12 API in other words DX12 is a failure because it is owned and programmed by the same people that made Windows 10 so it's on Vulkan/Mantle/OpenGL to change all this because DX11 is currently kind of API's regardless of what anyone thinks I don't like it but facts are facts DX12 cannot run multi GPU CPU configs correctly and probably never will. With Microsoft everything is fine and dandy in Theoretical terms but we want actual proof performance and we aren't going to get it from one of the most greediest Corporations in the WORLD.

2 hours ago, D1v1n3D said:

All amd 7xxx and up are DX12 fully compatible problem is everyone is hyping DX12 and it can't even do what Microsoft promised no Game Developers want to implement multiGPU CPU configs in it complaining to much work and will break other features in the DX12 API in other words DX12 is a failure because it is owned and programmed by the same people that made Windows 10 so it's on Vulkan/Mantle/OpenGL to change all this because DX11 is currently kind of API's regardless of what anyone thinks I don't like it but facts are facts DX12 cannot run multi GPU CPU configs correctly and probably never will. With Microsoft everything is fine and dandy in Theoretical terms but we want actual proof performance and we aren't going to get it from one of the most greediest Corporations in the WORLD.

I know this bro. but still i cant find new drivers to support DX 11 ether if i was too put windows 10 back on it ,my machine that came with windows 8 and AMD hardware people with NVIDIA do not have this problem there's upgraded too DX 12 unless it was really old .Now I have this problem with Ubuntu 16.04  LTS and doubt they will ever fix it. if you want LTS  and want to play   games best to stay away from AMD  You think getting a better deal but they have crappy support so you end needing to buy a new GPU  . My friend who builds  computers  is a gamer and when they built them a new one  they went with  NVIDIA   Over all Hardware on Steam  AMD is number 13 down on list AMD Radeon R9 200 Series used by 1.63%  NVIDIA and Intel are both more popular for gamers   If i was a big pc gamer  i would buy NVIDIA   :P

I honestly think there needs to be a AMD Samsung merger or a third GPU/CPU company needs to be started because there isn't enough fresh ideas to revolutionize this stalemate of tech these days all 3 companies are guilty of rebranding old tech that doesn't fly well with me I feel that is false advertisement and major fraud and dishonesty.

Archived