Windows detected a hard disk problem ! [Not getting solved]

IamBidyuT

Israeli_Eagle

Or even easier.....

The problem only came when he tried to use Win10?? --> Win10 trash!!!

Go back to a clean OS, for example Win7. :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check ur SMPS (connect a new smps and check).. if everythng fails

Better replace ur Hard Disk..

use Hd tune and under health see if there are warnings.

if there are warnings then you must replace the harddisk !

thats what windows is telling you.

someone there

If windows reported that there is a hard disk problem it must be there is a problem, I had the same problem I was ignoring every message and suddenly the disk failed after failure I checked the hard disk with hd generator and found what is called delays and repair it the windows boots with the same message the the delays were still there. I had to  replaced the hard disk.

I think you have to replace this hard disk before it fails completely.

Israeli_Eagle
12 minutes ago, someone there said:

If windows reported that there is a hard disk problem it must be there is a problem, I had the same problem I was ignoring every message and suddenly the disk failed after failure I checked the hard disk with hd generator and found what is called delays and repair it the windows boots with the same message the the delays were still there. I had to  replaced the hard disk.

I think you have to replace this hard disk before it fails completely.

But if only Win10 then you know also the reason. B)

Seriously, your HD is on it's way out, this is windows way of telling you to backup your data.  All the methods above  are ALL temporary fixes. Spinrite for example can 'repair' a bad sector on a HD but again this is ONLY so you get your data off it.

If you really want to keep using this HD and stop getting the above message :-

Click the start button and enter the word “task” in the search box, Task Scheduler should appear, right click it and chose run as administrator.
Once it is open, follow the tree to your left as follows
“Task Scheduler Library” => “Microsoft” => “Windows”. => “DiskDiagnostic”

However as I say this will only stop you receiving the error, it doesn't stop your HD failing.

0- use HDD Tune pro to check the errors

1- Backup All your data 

2- use Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows for rewrite the zeros with full erase 

3- change your cable 

8 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Or even easier.....

The problem only came when he tried to use Win10?? --> Win10 trash!!!

Go back to a clean OS, for example Win7. :lol:

Sometimes, people become SMARTER than they are...do you think you are SMARTER than all the employees at Microsoft or All users around the World. I couldn't understand why do some people complains all the time about Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 ?

You should simply just say : "i don't know how to operate newer versions of Microsoft Operating Systems and i want to stick always with LEGACY." That's it.

PS : i know Windows 8.1 is FAR BETTER and lighter Than any Windows 7.

8 hours ago, eurobyn said:

use Hd tune and under health see if there are warnings.

if there are warnings then you must replace the harddisk !

thats what windows is telling you.

you also need to do a FULL scan of HDD's surface for errors, if it shows errors then you can't do anything. if someone claims to recover in that situation, i have 3 hdds, he can took all 3 and use as wish.

solution 1 : turn S.M.A.R.T for that HD off in Bios and click on ignore  the message in win 10 until it won´t show up anymore you can continue to use the HD with no problems.

solution 2 : buy a new HD or SSD for replacement.

solution 3: send the HD to Western Digital for bios re-flash (expensive). 

1 hour ago, macnavarra said:

solution 1 : turn S.M.A.R.T for that HD off in Bios and click on ignore  the message in win 10 until it won´t show up anymore you can continue to use the HD with no problems.

Seriously?!...

brain_death

CrystalDiskInfo is great for pinpointing any errors, by IMO Spinrite is the best at fixing them. I have known a "defective" disk enjoy a long and happy life after using this software, but be warned it will take a *very long time* to run on a modern hard disk...

:sleep:

14 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Seriously?!...

since hard disk manufactors estimate de drive lifespan by a program in the drives bios that reports to the Motherboard Bios S.M.A.R.T functions.

I used one for over one year.

4 minutes ago, macnavarra said:

since hard disk manufactors estimate de drive lifespan by the bios by an program in the drives bios that reports to the Motherboard Bios S.M.A.R.T functions.

I used one for over one year.

If it has worked for you, great.
But I definitely would not recommend it to anyone, since it would cease with the symptoms but never reveal the cause...

BTW my cause was Diskeeper 12 Boot Time defrag on windows 8.

and since i don´t had the money at that time to replace the drive that was the only solution.

Archived