Opera 12.18.1873

Petrovic

• Replies 35
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you go to Help/About in Opera, are you using the profile that you think you are?  This will just confirm that you're really using a clean profile. Opera is sometimes sneaky in putting profiles in places you don't suspect.

But aside from that, maybe it's a regional setting in Windows (Start menu, Settings, Time & Language, Region)?  That's a little hard to believe, but you're running out of things that it can be.

Do you use a proxy or anything unusual to connect to the Internet (aside from Eset, which is a proxy, but you already tested in Safe Mode without it)?

I figured it out, finally. :D

I was having Windows firewall disabled, enabling firewall fix that.

Thanks for all who tried to help.

3 hours ago, AbdoZaghloul said:

I figured it out, finally. :D

I was having Windows firewall disabled, enabling firewall fix that.

Thanks for all who tried to help.

This issue is only partially resolved.

People who don't trust Windows Firewall use alternate complete AV products IS/TS which includes better Firewall.

So, if people are using BD/KAS/ESET/Comodo/.... Firewall, there should be some workaround. Let us find out by testing with App Rules in alternate Firewall products. Let us give Opera 12.xx, a boost so that it gets better.

25 minutes ago, vissha said:

This issue is only partially resolved.

People who don't trust Windows Firewall use alternate complete AV products IS/TS which includes better Firewall.

So, if people are using BD/KAS/ESET/Comodo/.... Firewall, there should be some workaround. Let us find out by testing with App Rules in alternate Firewall products. Let us give Opera 12.xx, a boost so that it gets better.

I'd be surprised if it happened with all of them. He says that it happens with Eset. It's not an artifact of merely disabling the Windows Firewall, it's what you run after doing so.

Eset has nothing to do with the icons issue, I didn't change anything in Eset settings only.

What I did was changing the start up mode to manual but this only didn't work, I had to start the service manually after right clicking the windows firewall service.

I'll disable it again cause I don't like it.

Edit:

This site is still having the same problem with icons in this site, despite being solved for other sites I was having issues with earlier.
http://www.softpedia.com/

Spoiler

1lHYmV4.png

It's something with Opera 12 itself, something with coding maybe, which could be expected (it's 2 years old now or so), other browsers have no problem with firewall disabled.

It must have, since merely going into Control Panel (Windows Firewall) and disabling the firewall does not cause the problem (disabling the service is not the right way to do it). If it did, that wouldn't make any sense at all, but I just tested it to make sure. 3rd-party firewalls (or security programs in general)--what you're replacing the Windows Firewall with-- can cause this kind of problem or plenty of others.

Set Firewall to "Disabled" mode, and stop the service then restart, it'll happen.

I've disabled it back now and the sites still shown properly because I didn't restart yet.

See my edit for above post as well.

Yes, the Softpedia problem is normal. There are tons of sites that Opera 12 doesn't render correctly.

Understood about disabling the service, but you don't have to do that. Disabling the firewall in Control Panel really is disabling the firewall. Eset does not require stopping the service, so there's no real reason to do it. Going through disabling services, even if following a list like Black Viper's, almost always backfires when you least expect it.

Archived