• Replies 35
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, brain_death said:

Geez, it lives!

Wtf....

:blink:

Yeah, been many years fanboy, for the last year or so went back to Chrome...

Unsure, if ever, I will like it enough to go back to it...

That's me and I believe 1/2 of all past users, that are the same. Turning to Chromium platform has been biggest mistake Opera made.

So far... Nothing as impressive, to be as creature of habbit as what I used to be.

We'll see?

Other browsers although lacked features, Opera had, had own advantages and since abandoning all that was good at the time of change of platform, people lost interest (ie me).

New platform had terrible integration with flash players... 

(Chrome abandoned it all together) and Opera still needs it and still is buggy.

Bookmark manager- has been absolutely the very best, since abandonment, even Cortana had coppied it better.

Pdf integration almost working only just recently, whilst every other browser never even had any issues at all, including IE...

Currently Chrome, is something I favour the most, if need to, I use FireFox and almost never Opera ( due to the "new" platform and other development period), that I doubt I am interested in endless problems, it had and has.

New- NEW, build of 12.18.xx, it is like stepping back a over year and expect everyone to jump back on it? Nah! Whilst previously out of a habit, i used to set up, tune up all to my liking, today- just have no interest in doing so, as FF is already tuned up, Chrome is good within couple of clicks, out of a box, even Cortana has some sort of appeal (speed dial is way better reproduction these days, than "new" (chromium) based builds where), let alone graphically least appeasing "new, new" (old) platform Opera...

I might keep it for few days more, might, but, just dont see as why would I go back to be using Opera willingly. 

The feeling as of meeting old flame from school days, that one had a crush for, but now is nowhere near as classy as wife, nor as atractive as lover, not even as comforting or pleasant as other past ex'Gf, just a grubby shadow, what she once was... ;)

Hi guys,

I'm using Opera 12.17 and Eset Internet Security 8.

Recently I updated ESS to v9 and started to get these "Security Issue" notification While using opera on every single website, some websites give bunch of these and I've to click, click, click, ... very annoying.

ZynJbzw.pnghogHNQ1.png

I updated to Opera 12.18 and still getting these pop-ups.

How to get rid of these annoying pop-ups ???

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AbdoZaghloul said:

Hi guys,
I'm using Opera 12.17 and Eset Internet Security 8.
Recently I updated ESS to v9 and started to get these "Security Issue" notification While using opera on every single website, some websites give bunch of these and I've to click, click, click, ... very annoying.

Spoiler

ZynJbzw.pnghogHNQ1.png

I updated to Opera 12.18 and still getting these pop-ups.
How to get rid of these annoying pop-ups ???
Thanks.

This issue is due to the AV trying to sync with browser to verify the sites using its own certificates for protection. Bitdefender also creates this issue.

Workaround:

Spoiler
  • Backup settings, bookmarks, data and other needed items from Opera
  • Do a complete removal[uninstall] of Opera using Revo Uninstaller Pro or anything which is equal.
  • Reboot device.
  • Now, change browser integration settings in AV accordingly.
  • Disconnect from Internet and Disable Web protection and browser protection from AV settings.
  • Install Opera 12.18[recommended - int setup].
  • NOTE: Post installation, read dialog, prompts, anything carefully, if it is from AV.
  • Now, turn on AV Web protection/Browser protection.
  • Open Opera as administrator
  • Look for prompts and dialog from AV, wait for it.
  • If you get any prompts from AV, reject or disable it.
  • Now, your browser is safe.
  • Connect to Internet and enjoy!

You might think, you are not safe with these steps. You are wrong. If you download any suspicious file/visit any suspicious/phishing site, you'll be warned by AV. So, do not worry.

The above steps are tested personally using Bitdefender IS/TS in various Notebooks and PCs running Win 7/8/8.1.

:)

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using portable version of Opera, so I simply reinstall to different location, followed instructions, no AV prompts, started Opera as admin and still get these "Security Issue" notifications.

I'm also having another issue with Opera, some website's icons are missed up when opened in Opera ex,
www.netvibes.com

Spoiler

In opera

HRjfMGg.png

In other browser

mEKeo0q.png

Any solution for this ?

You don't want to run Opera as admin normally, of course, so if you're saying that the prompts no longer happen when not running as admin....

The other issue can happen when you crash the browser and the cache\assoc002 directory isn't cleared out. Close Opera and delete the contents of assoc002.

That's very strange then about the fonts, since other than fonts being too big/small (e.g. a site isn't written with old Opera in mind), I don't recall a site with outright wrong fonts like that. Can you list another URL that doesn't require logging in to show the problem?

As for Eset, especially since it's a new problem with v9, I would go ask them. If you do, link to the thread. If they can't help, people here will:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forums/other-anti-virus-software.32

Does it happen in a new profile?  Just close Opera and temporarily rename your existing profile directory to profile2 or something. If it still happens then....

Ej7M1uS.jpg

That eliminates all Opera settings as being involved (remember that the site works fine for me).

It doesn't leave many possibilities. I'm not familiar with non-English versions of Opera (or Windows for that matter). Are you using either?  What version of Windows (if it's Windows at all) are we talking about?  If you boot into Safe Mode, does it still happen?  How much RAM do you have?

I'm using English version of Opera, Windows 10 Home 64x and 4 GB ram.

For my 1st problem with security certificate prompts, I found a solution that is working good so far on Opera forums

There was a similar problem with the KAV (Kaspersky's antivirus suite) and Opera 12.x. The solution was to import a special security certificate into Opera 12 (root certificate made by Kaspersky Labs for Opera) to bypass security warnings: http://support.kaspersky.com/6272

Try to ask ESET support for root certificate.

OK, but it must be something else about your system since it's happening in a clean Opera profile.

Does it happen in Safe Mode?  That will take Eset and everything else completely out of the picture.

Archived