Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

11 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I used the Dark Theme when it was introduced for a short period and then reverted back to the Default (Light) Theme.

Had hinted about some inconsistencies with the Dark Theme which Admin subsequently corrected — there are some folks using the Dark theme (hope they can come up with some creative mods. for the same.) :)

OK ty. I was happy when found dark theme!

• Replies 895
  • Views 83.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SURbit said:

I've noticed today (I'm on native theme or light by the way) typing into search field or copy and past wasn't showing anything there - yet hitting enter

when ahead and gave results of a correct search.

EDIT:

Seems to work now - don't know what was going on with 4 to 5 searches not showing up as typing something in the box.

Sorry to bother ! 

Do not make a mess, a small box background is white and text is white.
All is written as with milk to the white paper .

5 hours ago, Kalju said:

REMOVED THE QUOTE MYSELF - SURbit

Thank You Forum MOD for your help here.

REMOVED THIS POST I HAD MADE MYSELF - to avoid further conflict - Thank You. 

SURbit...

after tinkering for a lot time trying to salvage the animated flags from their light border...unsuccessfully and even remaking a few as a png spritesheet to be animated via css, i figured it might be a better idea to have a single spritesheet with all the static flags. (this ones plus pirate) it's not animated, but there's no noticeable pixelation and best of all may reduce server load as loading any or all flags at the same time is just 2 request instead of up to 248

anyway, i'm almost done with the css

57 minutes ago, VileTouch said:

after tinkering for a lot time trying to salvage the animated flags from their light border...unsuccessfully and even remaking a few as a png spritesheet to be animated via css, i figured it might be a better idea to have a single spritesheet with all the static flags. (this ones plus pirate) it's not animated, but there's no noticeable pixelation and best of all may reduce server load as loading any or all flags at the same time is just 2 request instead of up to 248

anyway, i'm almost done with the css

Interesting, where you see round the flags some kind frames or borders?
Maybe you're thinking about the screen delayed glow (afterglow) if use dark skin?

But these things are missing :: http://www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/shought/vip.gif

8 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Interesting, where you see round the flags some kind frames or borders?
Maybe you're thinking about the screen delayed glow (afterglow) if use dark skin?

it's aliasing characteristic of the gif format's lack of partial transparency. you can see it if you switch to the dark theme

the only other solution would be to make another set of gifs with a dark background...and then figure out what skin is being used to then serve the apropriate file...way too much

58 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Oh, this is not some kind of error or problem. Here is much more other significant problems.

And them can't anyone ever to improve. 

not sure if i understood correctly, but i interpret it as:

Spoiler

8692662.jpg

1 minute ago, Taker said:

Unless you are looking carefully, not too easy to find the ViPs out when logged in, log out and its easy peasy.... :-

:doh:

4 minutes ago, Taker said:

but in default mode its still a PITA......

Just now, Taker said:

this is in a topic reply...got to profile page and see the space where u post the status update...is it fixed as well?

Nothing is fixed — Admin. needs to fineangle the same whenever they have the time. ;)

17 minutes ago, Taker said:

Unless you are looking carefully, not too easy to find the ViPs out when logged in, log out and its easy peasy.... :-

:doh:

Admin. can either change the color allotted to ViPs / Members — or alternatively, configure the rank of ViPs (and veterans) to be displayed in bold text.

59 minutes ago, Taker said:

@dcs18 profile page:-

wLlOTxW.png

see that??? :naughty:

38 minutes ago, Taker said:
40 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

ycUZMnJ.png

this is in a topic reply...got to profile page and see the space where u post the status update...is it fixed as well?

• Administrator
On 25/12/2015 at 11:33 PM, Joe13 said:

7oJJjGn.jpg

Posts made in certain sections like Site / Forum Feedback do not get added there. This may or may not change.

17 hours ago, Kalju said:

But these things are missing :: http://www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/shought/vip.gif

Thanks for the info. My mistake possibly. Fixed.

15 hours ago, Taker said:

The site too fell prey to botched up links....the content of the Guidelines has not been updated yet. :hehe:

Thanks for the info. Fixed. Do let us know if you find any further problems in it.

15 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Admin. can either change the color allotted to ViPs / Members — or alternatively, configure the rank of ViPs (and veterans) to be displayed in bold text.

Unlikely to happen though. Bold letters are best reserved for the staff.

14 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Updates/posts by Veterans and ViPs should certainly be excluded from being merged. A5qMhta.gif

Not sure if likely to change or not, but we will look into it.

10 hours ago, jamesDDI said:

Fixed. See above.

@All: Anything that is handled or changed by IP.Board that is a core and cannot be changed are not bugs and we cannot change it. You guys should complain about that to IPS and let them know what needs to be done.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Taker said:

Lol earlier the reply used to be clear your cache/browsing history and restart the browser.

now the standard reply seems to be its not a bug. :doh:

EgnyoDo.png

You forgot to remove the part where it says you guys offer a shoutbox, I don't see it. so i think at the present its creating a false impression that if u register u may have access to shoutbox.that is not ethical i think.

Bugs.

The shoutbox part stays. It's disabled for a reason and may or may not be enabled or so.

The 60 likes per day allowance is too low for Veterans75 would be more like it (unless that Veteran was a friendless, lonely creature who attained this rank by spamming the Board or by winning the a$$ licking competition . . . . . . uncontested.)

• Crazycanuk locked this topic
  • shought unlocked this topic
Just now, shought said:

Several off-topic posts have been removed.

Can you also remove DKT27's part where he has quoted 2 of my posts — that compels me to react (and also this post.)

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Can you also remove DKT27's part where he has quoted 2 of my posts — that compels me to react (and also this post.)

Not sure what you are referring to, please create a report or send me a PM if you have an issue with any post on the forum.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived