Disable Windows 10 Telemetry and Data Collection (Collection of Methods & Tools)

UpGrade

Destroy Windows 10 Spying News : 

Hello. Since you here, means that you are looking for a new version of DWS? How you see, it's absent yet, and sources are raw and there are not ready for usage. The project is not abounded (State since 04/30/2016). I just have no time to work closely with it. We will glad if you would help us to build a new version. If you are asking, Why we have published that? Because carry a release date has become ashamed, and we want to show that development still in process and we are not forgetting about you.

Waiting your suggestions and commits =)

https://github.com/nullptrspace/DWS

14 hours ago, Actarusse said:

Waiting your suggestions and commits =)

https://github.com/nullptrspace/DWS

He's taking too much time developing..plus if he won't bring something different it won't be different than the others,just saying  

7 hours ago, Xionic said:

He's taking too much time developing..plus if he won't bring something different it won't be different than the others,just saying  

It doesn't take that much developing time, they just need to dig up more in order to find out and become familiar with the new telemetry algorithms/services Microsoft has considered for Windows 10 Redstone 1 update and implement countermeasures in the next DWS version.

maybe they release it after Redstone update comes out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.getblackbird.net/download/

Current version:   0.9.93
Last updated:   Jun. 19, 2016

v0.9.93
- Added "alpha build" automatic Lenovo/Dell "Superfish" removal (certificates, registry, files,..)
- Added switches to kill Windows 10 system apps: 
blackbird -kc (Kills Cortana, previously was -k)
blackbird -ke (Kills Microsoft Edge)
blackbird -kf (Kills Windows Feedback/ContactSupport)
- Added new hosts to blacklist
- All blocked hosts are now set as metric=1
- Turned UPX compression back on for both 64 & 32bit versions. Let's see what happens.
- Better switch/exit handling (returns to prompt instead of closing window)
- Disabled "Cloud Consumer Experience Features" on Windows 10 
- Disabled additional scheduled tasks on Windows 10
- Fixed Error Reporting registry keys not getting set properly
- Fixed OneDrive not getting removed from Explorer in some cases

TheMountain
On June 12, 2016 at 2:31 PM, donaddams said:

Any Updates on methods or tools on disabling windows 10 telemetry and tracking services.

I used MSMG Toolkit to remove the Win 10 telemetry crap from the ISO.

2 hours ago, knowledge said:

Block the URL's IP is my suggestion.

Edited by TheMountain

Blackbird v6 v0.9.93

W10Privacy v2.1.1.1

New addition:

iSpy Privacy-X v3.0.0.0

OP Updated!

Edited by UpGrade

Which application is the best for disabling Windows update and update sharing for windows 10 ??

3 hours ago, Roger D said:

Which application is the best for disabling Windows update and update sharing for windows 10 ??

hey buddy ^_^

W10Privacy is best for me. really cool works 

14 hours ago, Roger D said:

right now before the redstone update comes out, current version of DWS is great

Edited by saeed_dc

Aegis for Windows 7/8.x - Block all known Microsoft spying and Windows 10 upgrade elements

This utility is no longer being maintained. I have lost interest in Voat due to the rampant censorship and the refusal of the community or the admins to take the problem seriously. Without freedom Voat is just another failed Reddit clone and I won't waste any more of my time or money supporting it. Aegis was created and maintained for the benefit of Voat and so I no longer have any reason to work on it. Out of respect for the users who supported my efforts I will not entirely delete this post. The last stable release can be downloaded below. Good luck.

Source : https://voat.co/v/technology/comments/853510/

:o

On 6/23/2016 at 8:45 AM, Roger D said:

I was an happy DWS user until they hold their project . NOW i am using blackbird and its straight forward , using simple command line prompt to install it . very strong protection no BS .!

Edited by demoneye

Blackbird_dev
On 25. 6. 2016 at 6:45 PM, demoneye said:

I was an happy DWS user until they hold their project . NOW i am using blackbird and its straight forward , using simple command line prompt to install it . very strong protection no BS .!

Glad you like it :)
Trying to be less of an asocial dick lately so I'm wondering what you guys would like to see in new Blackbird versions?

BlockWindows

Stop Windows 7 through 10 Nagging and Spying updates, Tasks, IPs, and services. Works with Windows 7 through 10

FILES

BlockWindows.bat Right Click and "Run as Admin"

hosts.bat Works with Windows 7 and 8. Appends current hosts file. Run from your Downloads directory. Doesn't work on Windows 10, copy hosts file to your router or firewall if using Windows 10

hosts2.bat Blocks M$ hosts with firewall BLOCKS most M$ sites OUTLOOK,HOTMAIL,ETC REM any you use

hosts DNS file of MS hosts to block

hostlist MS Hosts file to blocking for router or firewall use

hosts-dnsmasq Hosts file for dd-wrt and other routers

HideWindowsUpdates.vbs Hides blocked updates, to reinstall click 'show hidden updates'

DisableWiFiSense.reg Adds registry to disable WiFi Sense, which steals your wifi password without your consent.

DisableGWX.reg Disables Windows Update Nagging Notifications

unblock.bat Unblocks hosts2.bat blocking

Views files and download : https://github.com/WindowsLies/BlockWindows :)

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1CGCWLDG/

Edited by Actarusse

Now that Aegis Voat is no longer being maintained, I'm using Blackbird for my Win7 systems. Thanks for the software!

When I ran the script last, it hung at 99%, cleaning and optimizing. Could be a problem if I'm using it for slipstreaming / automated installs.

Some features I'd like:

Open source!

Multiple command line arguments

Specific version for win 7

More customizability for which updates / hosts are blocked

Blackbird_dev
17 hours ago, Andrewski said:

Now that Aegis Voat is no longer being maintained, I'm using Blackbird for my Win7 systems. Thanks for the software!

When I ran the script last, it hung at 99%, cleaning and optimizing. Could be a problem if I'm using it for slipstreaming / automated installs.

Some features I'd like:

Open source!

Multiple command line arguments

Specific version for win 7

More customizability for which updates / hosts are blocked

You got it. Shouldn't be too hard to implement most of these features. We'll work on flexibility.
I gotta be honest though, open source will probably have to wait a while. The current code is bloated and ugly and I'm a self-conscious dude.
The plan is to hit v1.0 with full Redstone support, then code optimizations, then open sourcing it.

A Windows 7 version is already built inside :) Blackbird runs an OS detection routine at startup that prevents any Windows 10 tweaks applying to Windows 7 and vice-versa.
Checking out the "99%" bug, in the meantime you can totally block any hosts you want with Blackbird - Just place a file called hosts.txt in the same folder as blackbird.exe and put any hostnames/ip addresses inside. Check the readme for more info on this.

On 7/5/2016 at 0:19 PM, Blackbird_dev said:

Checking out the "99%" bug, in the meantime you can totally block any hosts you want with Blackbird - Just place a file called hosts.txt in the same folder as blackbird.exe and put any hostnames/ip addresses inside. Check the readme for more info on this.

"99% bug" me too. Can you suggest which host to remove from the hosts list so my skype picture/file transfer works again - problem occurred after running blackbird, same on couple of PCs.

Blackbird_dev
1 hour ago, Boskorp said:

"99% bug" me too. Can you suggest which host to remove from the hosts list so my skype picture/file transfer works again - problem occurred after running blackbird, same on couple of PCs.

What Windows version are you running?
Currently there is no way to remove single blocked hosts but you can run blackbird -n in cmd to remove all network blocks and keep everything else (note: network connection may die until reboot)
New version will address these kinds of problems.

- Edit: Quick explanation on why it's difficult to remove single blocked hosts set by Blackbird -
Blackbird doesn't add entries to the Windows HOSTS file or add any firewall rules.
It resolves the baked-in hostnames to IP addresses then configures Windows to reroute all outgoing traffic headed to the now-resolved IP to instead go to loopback.
Uses the route command for ipv4 and netsh for ipv6 addresses to achieve this. We figured going by hostnames was a longer term solution than simply building a big "maybe-still-IP" list.
Unfortunately the saved IP addresses cannot be labeled by hostname, so you'd have to reverse-resolve all blocked addresses and it just seems like a lot of work for a messy way to manage hosts.
Instead in the new version using your own hosts.txt file with Blackbird will simply skip the internal blacklist.

I wouldn't be too worried about the 99% bug since everything is finished by that point. I am curious though if Blackbird finishes successfully for you if ran in Verbose mode (blackbird -v in cmd) ?

Edited by Blackbird_dev

13 minutes ago, Boskorp said:

Why you don't delete the host file after backup and use WFC with outbound blocking? After this try skype again and than look into the logfile and you have the answer

O&O ShutUp10 v1.3.1358

Changelog:

Version 1.3.1358

• The command line option “/quiet” was not being correctly considered during import
  • New option “/nosrp” prevents creation of System Restore Points (SRP)
        – This applies to import over a command line, particularly combined with the option “/quiet”
        – The option also applies to starting the application normally, so that no SRPS are created
  • Various small Bug fixes

Version 1.3.1357

• New status display when creating system restore points
  • Dialog box when new start required after closing O&O ShutUp10
  • Creation of system restore points revamped
  • Small bug fixes

Download:

https://dl5.oo-software.com/files/ooshutup10/OOSU10.zip

Edited by UpGrade