ESET Smart Security 8.0.301.0

jalaffa

if you are uninstalling eset 7 from safe mode:

A tutorial on how to access safe mode on windows 8/8.1

Method 1: Go to run, type shutdown /r /o /f /t 00, click troubleshoot, then advanced options, startup settings, restart, press corresponding "F" key (F4).

Method 2: (get F8 back), open any command prompt do it off install cd) type "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy", restart, F8 will now work!

To undo F8 open any command prompt and type "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard"

• Replies 104
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It boots a little slow. Like 3 seconds after my windows8.1 is booted up I get to see the eset flashscreen..

The same for me!, Did you upgraded over v7 or clean installation?

A complete clean install. I just so happened to be reinstalling my windows 7 to 8.1 yesterday, so it couldn't have been because of any leftovers from a previous install which everyone is talking about here.

When will they finally update Dutch language ???

Why does it take so looooong before they update the other languages also ?

It boots a little slow. Like 3 seconds after my windows8.1 is booted up I get to see the eset flashscreen..

A complete clean install. I just so happened to be reinstalling my windows 7 to 8.1 yesterday, so it couldn't have been because of any leftovers from a previous install which everyone is talking about here.

So it must be ESET bug (mostly with Windows 8.1 as none reported the issue on other OSs till now) or mara-fix incompatibility, are you using the fix?

i just overwrited on my ess 7. Works flawlessly :)

what about settings? did you have to export/import again ?

So it must be ESET bug (mostly with Windows 8.1 as none reported the issue on other OSs till now) or mara-fix incompatibility, are you using the fix?

Yes I use the box-mara fix..

Can somebody actually confirm this is the final or beta? Some say its final, some say its beta?

I just wanna know if this is the final or not?

Thanks

I have a very strange problem with Smart Security 8.0.301.0 with a game (PES2014), my game crash when I want to connect to Konami server, if I disable ESET firewall and AV protection, all works good.

I have a very strange problem with Smart Security 8.0.301.0 with a game (PES2014), my game crash when I want to connect to Konami server, if I disable ESET firewall and AV protection, all works good.

have you excluded your game from eset scanning progress ? :think:

I'm not an online gamer but if you have a url for your server then I would add it to your "url address management" with asterisks in front and back.

My guess is your problem has to do with Web access protection.

i tried mara fix long time ago but it has a problem that modules don't update to last versions, when i tried again with ESET v8 same problem there!

i think it's not mara fix problem, i think eset don't update modules for trial fast like using username and password

I did to my Konami >>> http://s29.postimg.org/9vad4ritj/ESS8_301_0_Konami_PES2014.png / http://s29.postimg.org/upmpmld6v/Konami.png

i tried mara fix long time ago but it has a problem that modules don't update to last versions, when i tried again with ESET v8 same problem there!

i think it's not mara fix problem, i think eset don't update modules for trial fast like using username and password

See Mara fix Here

BTW nice blog with the new Template. Speed1

Congrats.

The fix update off v4 servers maybe this is why . The most easy way to test it would be get a key that's real Trial and see if modules update . Trial keys are not very hard to find. Maybe when new fix comes out of beta test it will be better. You know the keys that have Trial in them if you test these and they update modules its problem of the fix not the trial .

​Heres a test I done I was useing a retail key I Rollback updates 2 days

nod.png

​Then I use a Trial Key The modules updated fine

nod2.png

How do Open Source Tools Stay Secure?

Watch video - 56 mins - Cameron Camp, Security Researcher, ESET

The Heartbleed flaw alerted the world to the security aspects of open source code which is now widely used everywhere from big enterprises to small businesses. ESET Security Researcher Cameron Camp draws on his many years of experience working with open source tools to the urgent and important issue of how to keep them secure.

https://www.brighttalk.com/community/it-security/webcast/1718/125039

Not already french version.... :(

Just Canadian french...

Yes, but I did'nt see any difference betwenn Quebecois and Français in this version 8 :)

For Anyone who still need ESET Smart Security 7.0.317.4 - 8.0.301.0 (English US)

ESET Smart Security 8.0.301.0 Final

What is the difference in these versions than the English versions on the front page from eset ?

basically same, but on frontpage no longer have previous version eg: 7.0.317.4

Archived