AX64 Time Machine 2.0.0.499

anuraag

To buy software full of bugs and beta versions ? You must be kidding ! Is same as to buy material with defective...and if they decide to give an end to this software, how do you intend to receive money back when they just disappear ?

Not all are stupid... ..... :smartass:

Cheers

Jofre

Show some facts?

Works fine on my machine, and I paid for the full price license a while back.

I make everytime full drive checksum files before taking snapshots,and compare them afterwards.

All 100% the same.

Besides, one should never count on just this software to take backups.

The developers have stated this is not something you should have as your only backup solution.

ALWAYS use an real backup software, like Macrium/Aomei/Acronis to take full backups of your OS drive.

(sector-by-sector backup so you can easily restore everything,including the MBR if something goes wrong..)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear all,

My name is Wajamus, I am a lead developer for AX64 Time Machine.

Thanks for talking about our product. I apologize to those who have had bad luck with our software.

For those posting pirate information about us, please remove it. We are a modest group of developers working multiple jobs to make this software. We spend tons of time on supporting users and making it as easy and fast as possible.

As it is a new product, just less than one year old, it did have its fair share of bugs! But it's maturing into a very solid product now and I encourage old and new users to give it a try. We have released v2 and it fixes a ton of the bugs many of you people have been experiencing.

Also, if you send me a mail at [email protected], I'll give a unique 50% off discount code.

Further, if you go to Wilder's forums, we encourage you to go there.

You'll find lots of discussion on how people love our product also the problems people have. It is like a community support desk!

Here's the link: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/introducing-ax64-time-machine-hybrid-imaging-snapshot-software.339999/page-361

All the best and thanks for supporting us.

Regards,

Wajamus

i think most (not all), just want to try the app before they commit to a purchase. I think this is fair considering all the rumors regarding the app on wilders security.

having read the product description and the promises it made, sounds good, but in practice from the reviews, this doesn't seem to be the case YET.

that isn't too say, nobody expects a new product to be stable right off the bat (it would be unrealistic to expect that), but that said...

People rather pay for a product that is already in stable operating mode, rather than pay to be part of a beta, though it's not officially called. I don't say this to be disrespectful, but it's just an honest opinion what most people here and on wilders are thinking.

I see some software like makemkv that is declared as beta, and even provided a beta key for full use during the beta phases. Maybe if you opted for such a stance, maybe it would earn more fans/following, for when the product does become stable. Also if financing the development is an issue, had you considered starting a kick starter for it ?

That is my 50cents.

PS: it's refreshing that a developer bothers to join forums like these. there does need to be more dialogue for these sorts of things.

I am still using v1.4.1.24 of AX64 even tho Wajamus PMed me a LL to AX64 v2.xx. I see no sense in fixing something that is not broke. For me and my setup and the way I use AX64 (manual weekly backups) it works perfectly. In the future if I find that it is not working very well then I will upgrade to v2.xx or switch softs all together.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Time Machine 2.0.0.528 and disabled system restore and files cronology.

At the beginning i tought it was a good software, but then i found that my ssd random write speed was collapsed, and not only this.

I tried to repair my system, but the only way to restore it was to unistall Time Machine.

Then i restored my previous configuration, and now my ssd works very good again.

for me we can not even say that it is a good software.

But despite this, the software does not have any major bugs and I think it has good potential. i appreciate the lead developer words , and appreciate their work , but for now i do not buy this app

Archived