Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 2

Matt

I just want to say that blocking ips is for a long time, no need for patching and repatching

This is very true I agree with you but it dont mean every one will do it though . Its not hard to re-patch though all you have to do is put your patch in your program folder and leave it there for updates , When a new version comes out install and when you see finish on the installer click patch then finish.. you want get a fake serial if the patch is any good. The reason I dont use a patch is because is because for a long time after a few builds IDM defeats the patch why everyone is waiting for new medicine I'm allready using it.

I was using patch before few years, then hosts and now IP's and for now IP's are fine to me after IDM is "fixing" hosts

• Replies 153
  • Views 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say that blocking ips is for a long time, no need for patching and repatching

This is very true I agree with you but it dont mean every one will do it though . Its not hard to re-patch though all you have to do is put your patch in your program folder and leave it there for updates , When a new version comes out install and when you see finish on the installer click patch then finish.. you want get a fake serial if the patch is any good. The reason I dont use a patch is because is because for a long time after a few builds IDM defeats the patch why everyone is waiting for new medicine I'm allready using it.

I was using patch before few years, then hosts and now IP's and for now IP's are fine to me after IDM is "fixing" hosts

Do you remember GAG ? when I 1 st started using IDM it was 2006/2007 I would always go to the old 9Down and get his patch I was still a noob :lol: . He was the best in his time then UnREaL RCE AlphaPatcher made a great IDM patch that would last for many builds . For a very long time on when on my old windows 7 machine I had problems with IDM freezing up with new updates so I just used one build for years with a patched exe and just updating the xpi it kept working fine for years. I just got back into updates when i got this new machine with windows 8.1 ..It didnt take me long to figure out that patches were failing a lot now days and switched back to using host blocks then I had some trouble with that so I switched back to blocking IPS and no more trouble.. all of it I tired years ago lol.

Do you remember GAG ? when I 1 st started using IDM it was 2006/2007 I would always go to the old 9Down and get his patch I was still a noob :lol: . He was the best in his time then UnREaL RCE AlphaPatcher made a great IDM patch that would last for many builds . For a very long time on when on my old windows 7 machine I had problems with IDM freezing up with new updates so I just used one build for years with a patched exe and just updating the xpi it kept working fine for years. I just got back into updates when i got this new machine with windows 8.1 ..It didnt take me long to figure out that patches were failing a lot now days and switched back to using host blocks then I had some trouble with that so I switched back to blocking IPS and no more trouble.. all of it I tired years ago lol.

Oh no, In 2006 I didn't know what is browsrer or operating system LOL. I strarted with SnD patch :rofl:

Do you guys still have the hanging issue on firefox when download a file ? I think i found an workaround, need some days more to test

Do you guys still have the hanging issue on firefox when download a file ?

Never - do you? oTPNZ1s.gif

Try to decrease number of connexion ( default : 8 ) and it wouldn't happen anymore , test on 4, and 2 connexion number

Try to decrease number of connexion ( default : 8 ) and it wouldn't happen anymore , test on 4, and 2 connexion number

No Firefox hanging problem, here - despite my IDM connections perpetually at 32. XjpzZ69.gif

BTW, I know how to resolve the Firefox hanging issue - its a solution (not just a workaround.) al6wao4.gif

Only time i use no more than 8 connections most max my internet out ..but when a site crawls then i bump it up to 16 most are just as fast at 8 as they are 16 . Some are just as fast that only have 1 or 2 connections by default it just depends on how fast there server is . If they throttle because a paid site you have to buy it or use other options. But IDM gives you a warning when you go past 16 that you could be ban from sites for it . I enjoy my downloading too much to risk that lol.

One time i had a bug with windows 7 were IDM hanged up in the download window its self I the only real solution I found was stay with the build before they added aero..I never understood the bug really because all my other programs were fine that had aero, they never fixed that bug ..The only way I fixed it were i could update again was get a new computer . Really I dont think IDM is all that compatible with 8.1 so any suggestions to make it more compatible without the developer doing it would be great .

The maximum number of connections has no bearing on Firefox, hanging - it is left at 8 by default for a reason which is generic (FWIW, that default setting of IDM need not be treated as sacrosanct, no default setting of any program really is - configurations need to be tailor-made as per the Individual's requirement and available resources.)

Tonec incorporated a maximum number of up to 32 connections on the 27th of November 2013, with the release of 6.18 Build 8 - for the past eight months, have been employing a maximum number of connections set permanently at 32 without ever being banned.

The maximum number of connections depends not only on the server - it also depends heavily upon the User's own internet transfer speed - check out my maximum number of connections at 32, in action:--

197cix.jpg

I dont get no were near that speed I'm only on an 8MB line Its the best you can get were I'm at were lucky to have DSL at all .. I use to be on the satellite that really sucked they capped and even slower 3mb but hey the DSL I have does the job and its not capped so I can download all I want . Why most users have done ran out there quota . I'm still downloading every thing I want .

That is exactly why I made mention of the following golden rule at my previous post:--

(FWIW, that default setting of IDM need not be treated as sacrosanct, no default setting of any program really is - configurations need to be tailor-made as per the Individual's requirement and available resources.)

So what can it be ? I can't believe it's a IDm settings.. My computer is new, no crapware, no heavy crappy antivirus that eat all resources.. Internet side ?

LOL well Ive never tired 32 because I never seen the need in it most Filehost tell you there max speed but I guess Goggle may be unlimited . My friend shes on much faster internet than me she just uses 8 always . Like you said they didn't add it to it tell 6.18 Build 8 they always had only 8 and everyone were happy with it. The reason I think they add that was to make that guys software IDM Optimizer that would open it up obsolete.

If someone with a piddly speed tries a maximum number of 32 connections he would suffer a regressive download.

Do I need a maximum number of 32 connections . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh yes, of course I do - my connection speed deserves more than 32, if possible. It just chews up download after download at a much more faster rate than the other smaller numbers like 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 or even 24.

Different strokes for different people.

If someone with a piddly speed tries a maximum number of 32 connections he would suffer a regressive download.

Do I need a maximum number of 32 connections . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh yes, of course I do - my connection speed deserves more than 32, if possible. It just chews up download after download at a much more faster rate than the other smaller numbers like 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 or even 24.

Different strokes for different people.

I can use 16 its fine but the point I'm getting is are all those extra contentions needed being hard on peoples servers ? I say IDM started when 98 windows were around v2.8 was around when I 1st came on all the time. For all these years everyone were happy with 8 connections . Tell that guy made IDM Optimizer that would make it do more and tweak it out It was always 8 no one cared it still was the best.

There's another problem I run into sometimes with really poor servers even though they have 32 connections I dont know what are the maximum they make? If you even run it at 8 idm will do a corrupt data warning , You will be lucky to get the download using 1 . :)

Lione If your worried about privacy use SW iron instead . Sounds to me you answered your own question just leave IDM at 8 it seems to work best for you.

i already read that swiron isn't really better ( google analytics ), so better stick with google chrome.. Anyway, fdm alpha looks promising

i already read that swiron isn't really better ( google analytics ), so better stick with google chrome.. Anyway, fdm alpha looks promising

I have 2 or 3 addons that block google analytics in CyberFox but you could just block there ip.

What I read here download mangers are only good for slow servers say if the server is not capped they do no good say if they have and uncapped server 1 is just as fast a 100 .

download mangers come in to play for servers that have a capped speed with multiple connections

Info:

http://blog.ashfame.com/2010/02/download-manager-myth/

Also here is a site will ban you for a bit if you use to many connections

Info:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=42259.0

IDM has that warning on there for a reason so I assume there's many more sites that ban too for it.

But the truth is I been around long enough to know that a lot of sites that started out good with 8 or more connections for free users.. people were overloading there servers so they capped back to just a few . why it may be great for you in the present its damaging to you and everyone else in the long run.

What I read here download mangers are only good for slow servers say if the server is not capped they do no good say if they have and uncapped server 1 is just as fast a 100 .

download mangers come in to play for servers that have a capped speed with multiple connections

Info:

http://blog.ashfame.com/2010/02/download-manager-myth/

That article says exactly what I mentioned at post # 112 - namely, "The maximum number of connections depends not only on the server - it also depends heavily upon the User's own internet transfer speed"

Also here is a site will ban you for a bit if you use to many connections

Info:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=42259.0

IDM has that warning on there for a reason so I assume there's many more sites that ban too for it.

But the truth is I been around long enough to know that a lot of sites that started out good with 8 or more connections for free users.. people were overloading there servers so they capped back to just a few . why it may be great for you in the present its damaging to you and everyone else in the long run.

I just downloaded a few mods. from the site referenced in that article - with no ban, whatsoever. XjpzZ69.gif

Others are welcome to try it out for themselves - with a maximum number of 32 connections:--

http://www.mbrepository.com/category.php?id=3

Edit:--

If the server does not support many connections (just as an example - 32,) only the maximum number of connections that the server supports, is allowed - consequently, this causes no damage/s to anybody. gNTdv9Q.gif

What is your maximum connection ? Are your saying you need 32 computers on your super high speed to max you out on all places? according to that article each connections counts as 1 computer.

There's some sites that only allow us 1 or 2 connections I talk to people who have way higher speed than me and they max them out are almost maxes them out .

When testing connections from a server the rule of thumb should be start with less and work your way up lol

Archived