"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I updated the IDM registry cleaner .bat file that was provided here by iih1.

Credit needs to be given to XanaX who originally compiled this Script. ;)

Well i thought of installing NOD32 on my system and i wanna employ this technique to it.

Seriously? :lmao:

NOD32 --> No Firewall. :rofl:

1)does, even in the full version, it shows activate ur product

Yes, it does. ;)

2)can eset updates be dowloaded offline like we have for other AVs (also whether the source is official/unofficial)

Yes, but there's no official source. ;)

3)if i advance the date in my system and my bios will it be enuff to check whether the product is working after the specified date?

Ignorance --Totally way out of your league. :doh:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got It Activated(Fully Activated not date limited) :

image.png

Able To update both the definitions and program(updated as on the date of testing):

image.png

Product is activated, not limited to date, not trial or paid:

image.png

Another Illustration showing the same effect, usually it wud say valid till, but here it doesn't (bcoz its lifetime ;) ) :

image.png

Oh yeah i do have WFC for my firewall needs :yes:

And thanx to my friend for his motivational words without whom this was just a fantasy :)

photo-62718.gif

p.s.This is not at all difficult as even i could do it :o

I updated the IDM registry cleaner .bat file that was provided here by iih1.

Credit needs to be given to XanaX who originally compiled this Script. ;)

Was unaware of the origins - have done the needful, though (due credits updated to post # 1 and post # 2.)

Hi Abbasi - awesome breakthrough!!! F3h9xqz.gif

Shall be uploading your illustrations plus ranfomjester's heads up to the OP, soon - great job, done. bF79Bcn.gif

It would be helpful for other Norton 360 users.

Have updated your (unedited - but, optimized) Norton 360 screenshots to post # 1 and post # 2. F3h9xqz.gif

Reported Not Working Anymore :uhuh:

Prevent ESET NOD32 AV FROM DIALING HOME

A Mafias™ Productions

• This illustration is for NOD32_x64 Version 7 only, however, it maybe expanded to other builds of Esets as well just the path and IPs may be different.
  • Here we are employing the New Fix/Firewall Method to register and prevent our Eset product from expiring.
  • This is a little different than all the products that have used the firewall method since we need to enable updates so that our AV remains upto date always.
  • Eset checks for license info firstly at the time of filling the activation details, secondly at the time of first definition update of the product and lastly, if u chose the 'verify license validity option'.Hence we need to take care of all these 3 aspect.

Rules To Be Created

Program path for both the Allow Rule And Block Rule is the same i.e. "C:\program files\eset\eset nod32 antivirus\x86\ekrn.exe"*

Allow Rule :

G7810MP.png

Block Rule : IPs to be blocked (91.228.165.81,91.228.167.125)

zjDRfig.png

*Maybe different if you are using NOD32_x32, plz do report

Screenshots provided by dcs18 :notworthy:

Instructions For First Time Installers

• Proceed with the installation of Eset NOD32 and once you reach the activation wizard, create both the allow and block rule as shown above. But at this time only enable the allow rule i.e. the block rule should be disabled at the moment because we want to activate our product.Now, choose activate trial license**.

image.png

• Next fill up an email address, you can even use fakemail like I have done,chose your country and click activate

image.png

• Your trial will now be activated.

image.png

• Eset will now perform virus definition update,let it do so.If it doesn't manually do so (mandatory).

image.png

• After the update has finished your activation would show as below, you can now enable the block rule that you earlier created.

image.png

• Restart your system. After first restart you will see the following as your activation info :

If Neither You Nor Eset Checked For Updates

image.png

Now Just check for Virus Definitions, So Your Screen Will Look LIke This

image.png

• Don't worry, just do a second restart.That's it, your product is now fully activated as illustrated below :

image.png

image.png

**Instead of the trial license one can even use the retail username/password.

However, it may take 3 restarts in case of retail username/password combo.

A manual virus definition update check is recommended after each restart.

Instructions For Already existing Users

• Your Activation screen ATM will be showing the date on which your license will expire

image.png

• Just create the rules and enable them both (allow rule as well as block rule) as shown above.
  • Restart your system and check for updates (must)

image.png

• Your system should be activated as soon as the updates complete, a restart may be required.

image.png

If anyone wants to do a fresh, clean install, (s)he can use the uninstall utility provided by ESET. More info can be seen here

As with other products, IPs can be changed anytime by Eset so a vigilant and active participation from all the users of this fix will be required :)

Updates

Follow Up : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-30?do=findComment&comment=821741

ESS illustrations : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-31?do=findComment&comment=822015

Sounds good.

So, you are using an Username / Password combo with an expiry date (for example - generated, from TNoD) as a temporary activation and then, ensuring through firewall blocking that it is unable to expiry. yXZVmpE.gif

Sounds good.

So, you are using an Username / Password combo with an expiry date :yes:

(for example - generated, from TNoD) :uhuh:

as a temporary activation :yes:

and then, ensuring through firewall blocking that it is unable to expiry. :yes:

i think u have got the idea

I see that you have added some more details to post # 560.

I was referring to a retail Username / Password combo at post # 561 - what you are actually speaking of, is a Trial Username / Password combo - good.

Have your tried setting your system time ahead, by more than 30 days?

I see that you have added some more details to post # 560.

I was referring to a retail Username / Password combo at post # 561 - what you are actually speaking of, is a Trial Username / Password combo - good. - i thought this way it wud be more clean :P

Have your tried setting your system time ahead, by more than 30 days?

Yes activation continues to hold gud, its just the virus definition thats out of date bcoz it's been well over a month since update was performed :hehe:

screenshot as on sept 18

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Very good, I also suggest trying this on a retail Username / Password combo, instead of a trial Username / Password combo - let me know, if you don't possess the license. F3h9xqz.gif

@dcs18

i dont have any retail key

but how will u know bcoz at the end the activation screen will be the same :think:

@dcs18

i dont have any retail key

but how will u know bcoz at the end the activation screen will be the same :think:

I am providing you with the resources in a few moment, from now - for both Retail & Trial, with a longer term consideration.

The Trial Username / Password combo is good enough - however, a retail Username / Password combo offers a couple of advantages:--

• Virus Signature Updates are available on a priority basis (this helps during server down-times at ESET.)
  • Branding of the activation can be done on a permanent basis, I feel.

here is proof of retail holding activation

screenshots depicting i really used ur setup:

image.png

image.png

image.png

screenshots after rules applied :

image.png

image.png

image.png

and this one showing that ur key only is being used and not trial one:

image.png

now based on screenshots i dont think there is much difference between using trial or retail key but u have more experience so u know it better.

having some problem editing post #560 maybe its just my net but changes are not being accepted will try after sometime

@dcs18

the key merges successfully but there is no change in activation info(even after reboot), my Eset still shows the activation info related to retail license tested above, what is this key supposed to do, can u tell me? it may be possible that i need a fresh clean install bcoz this one has tested trial and retail.

FYI i m using Eset NOD32 x64 version on W8.1, is the reg key gud for this ?

@dcs18

the key merges successfully but there is no change in activation info(even after reboot), my Eset still shows the activation info related to retail license tested above, what is this key supposed to do, can u tell me? it may be possible that i need a fresh clean install bcoz this one has tested trial and retail.

FYI i m using Eset NOD32 x64 version on W8.1, is the reg key gud for this ?

Ah, never mind - that was just an hunch (was wondering whether the OEM Branding would stick, on a retail activation - looks like ESET fixed that, for good.)

No need to perform a fresh install - instead, concentrate on streamlining any one of your posts for the benefit of the Community (that post can be highlighted at the OP, too.)

And yes, the OEM Branding originated from my 8.1 Update, Pro.

@dcs18

can u get me screenshots of allow rule and block rule, i am unable to get the full screen image of these. the paths and the ips to blocked are mentioned in post #560

@dcs18 What NOD32 Boot CD are you using?

@dcs18

can u get me screenshots of allow rule and block rule, i am unable to get the full screen image of these. the paths and the ips to blocked are mentioned in post #560

G7810MP.png

zjDRfig.png

@dcs18 What NOD32 Boot CD are you using?

Had downloaded the same from a torrent at TPB. yXZVmpE.gif

JFTR, you can use the BootCD of any other AntiVirus of your personal choice. F3h9xqz.gif

I have done my best but some error may have crept in, so u can check it and if its gud then u may add it to OP. If some changes need to be done on my behalf, plz do tell. I would prefer you to test it before adding it to the main post :D

I have done my best but some error may have crept in, so u can check it and if its gud then u may add it to OP. If some changes need to be done on my behalf, plz do tell. I would prefer you to test it before adding it to the main post :D

Have updated post # 560 to post # 1 and also post # 2 - shall install NOD32 and then test the same, shortly. 6HUIPBa.gif

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived