"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Which AntiVirus are you using?

Did you use the following instructions?

Example only Windows Firewall:

Users of Windows Firewall need to create two separate rules (one Block rule + another Allow rule) for IDM as per the following instructions:

• Ensure that the Windows Firewall service is on Automatic and that it is running.
  • Create two rules - one Allow rule and another Block rule as per the following instructions

Create The Allow Rule:

Control Panel >> Windows Firewall >> Advanced Settings >> Outbound Rules >> New Rule.... >> Program >> Next >> This program path: >> Browse (to your Internet Download Manager directory path at IDMan.exe) >> Next >> Allow the connection >> Next (check / tick all the three) Domain, Private & Public >> Next >> (fill) Name & Description >> Finish.

Create The Block Rule:

Control Panel >> Windows Firewall >> Advanced Settings >> Outbound Rules >> New Rule.... >> Custom >> Next >> This program path:>> Browse (to your Internet Download Manager directory path at IDMan.exe)>> Next >> Protocol and Ports (don't make any change/s, here) >> Next >> Scope >> Which remote addresses does this rule apply to? >> These IP addresses >> Add >> This IP address or subnet >> (add the 22 IPs addresses from the first post one at a time) >> OK >> Next >> Action >> Block the connection >> Next >> Profile (check / tick all the three) Domain, Private & Public >> Next >> (fill) Name & Description >> Finish.

windows defender

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18 Why do corporates use endpoint security and not AV/IS? rkkdjb wants to know..

:yes: I can confirm also that your method works flawlessly on ESET Smart Security (installed beta version on a friend`s PC) :showoff:

In fact I wanted to install only AV , but the XP firewall is working only for inbound ...

Did I miss something about Windows Firewall Control - can it add outbound protection in XP firewall ?

In fact I wanted to install only AV , but the XP firewall is working only for inbound ...

Did I miss something about Windows Firewall Control - can it add outbound protection in XP firewall ?

It has been a really long time since I last used XP (WFC was not around, at that time) - I think it would be worthwhile to try out WFC on your XP to find out about the outbound rule capability. yXZVmpE.gif

Edit:--

The 4.1.0.2 is less than 450 KB - won't hurt to install it. F3h9xqz.gif

It has been a really long time since I last used XP (WFC was not around, at that time) - I think it would be worthwhile to try out WFC on your XP to find out about the outbound rule capability. yXZVmpE.gif

I already installed ESS on my friend`s PC ... , :unsure: so you don`t know if WFC will add outbound protection in XP Firewall ?

I already installed ESS on my friend`s PC ... , :unsure: so you don`t know if WFC will add outbound protection in XP Firewall ?

Nope, no way for me to find that - all my Customers have been migrated to Windows 8.1 Update, a long time ago. h4CvlGL.gif

i used your method using windows firewall and i got fake registration massage

it doesn't wooooooooork

help please

Let me know if you want me to fix it for you - over TeamViewer. 8)

Airstream_Bill

Has anyone messed with the Bitdefender's Firewall???

Has anybody else had a problem downloading wiht IDM on any sites that requires login credentials. I am running 6.21 Build 2 and use the latest stable release of Chrome as my browser. When I try to download a file from a site where I have to login to download, IDM will ask me for the login credentials of the site, even though I'm already logged in. I copy and paste the login info, and IDM gives me the following error. I have had this problem a few times in the past on different versions of IDM as well. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

post-59936-0-59736700-1407703198_thumb.j

I got the answer -> NO , WFC doesn`t even work with XP ! :( (of course I did previously installed .net 4.0)

snBVfdF.jpg

t6IrSj6.jpg

-> so , if anyone wants to use your method F3h9xqz.gif (for IDM , ESET and the others mentioned here) should use a third party firewall - NOT Windows XP Firewall ! B)

Windows XP firewall was never any good no ways that's why you have all these 3rd party firewalls.. you can even use old versions in XP like Comodo Firewall 3.0 Whats known as windows defender didn't even exist when XP 1st came out .Microsoft bought GIANT Anti-Spyware out there's were windows defender comes from. So on XP its best to use a 3rd party FW anyways. Before Windows XP SP2 improved FW it was really easy to get infected even connecting to windows updates gave people virus back then. :)

Has anybody else had a problem downloading wiht IDM on any sites that requires login credentials. I am running 6.21 Build 2 and use the latest stable release of Chrome as my browser. When I try to download a file from a site where I have to login to download, IDM will ask me for the login credentials of the site, even though I'm already logged in. I copy and paste the login info, and IDM gives me the following error. I have had this problem a few times in the past on different versions of IDM as well. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Did you try entering those site logins into your IDM, as illustrated below:--

0JHFsU3.png

i used your method using windows firewall and i got fake registration massage

it doesn't wooooooooork

help please

Are you sure you do each step exactly as instructed

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bitdefender inappropriate. Bitdefender Antivirus and use another firewall will not waste time.

Just an heads up - Tonec have rotated their IPs.

ATM, 50.97.41.98 has emerged as the most vital IP to displace 184.173.188.104

This is why it is highly advisable to use all of those 24 IPs mentioned at post # 1.

Credits:--

rkkdjb

Just an heads up - Tonec have rotated their IPs.

ATM, 50.97.41.98 has emerged as the most vital IP to displace 184.173.188.104

This is why it is highly advisable to use all of those 22 IP mentioned at post # 1.

Credits:--

rkkdjb

even i forgot but this(that 184.173.188.104 is no longer the vital address) has been highlighted here

also i think some other user also confirmed the same thing, probably Zarko (m not sure)

I don't know for you but ESS firewall is great for me in interactive mode and now i'll try the beta

HOW TO BLOCK IP's to in ESET Firewall

IDM here ( with ESS firewall ).

:yes: I can confirm also that your method works flawlessly on ESET Smart Security (installed beta version on a friend`s PC) :showoff:

Can someone upload their screenshots illustrating how IDM should be blocked using the ESS firewall - that instruction set can be added to the tutorial, at post # 1. F3h9xqz.gif

Hi thanks for this tutorial dcs18 but it's not functionnal for me with outpost security pro:
I have ever the fake message serial :(.
so here my config.

http://imgbox.com/CVLasKCX
http://imgbox.com/KCc9BWaO

thanks for your help.

Your screenshots are not viewable:--

NwLfZ8C.png

http://i.imgur.com/2lFHsF2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Keeoakf.jpg

request to all to plz use either imgur or postimage for image purposes as other image hosting sites may not work in all country

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived