"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Public Announcement ppl : Use all the IPs u never know when IDM is changing IPs for checking licenses

I have personally tested this and got fake serial messages

And hence, if u want to be sure enough that u never have to be worried abt IDM registration just add all the IPs

its not that those IPs are gonna slow down ur PC or Net as the hosts method did.

Bottom Line : Add all the IPs and stop whining :yes:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18 :hi:

u had a look at my ip range for blocking google ?

i checked it out on who.is and ip2location and they said its google.

also can u try and disable ur ip range and then check with this ip range, if its working out 4 u or not,looks like we had a lack of volunteer on this one

:)

also can u try and disable ur ip range and then check with this ip range, if its working out 4 u or not,looks like we had a lack of volunteer on this one

Somebody please show me how to block google for good with Bitdefender.

i dont use bitdefender, atm using WFC

doesn't bitdefender allow for ip range block ? :s

why dont u try it and lead by showing the example

But it need a proper application path if you want to block remote addresses as far as I understand through Firewall window.

NbbzUK8.png

If I add these addresses to Network exceptions list I can not add those addresses on the same line.

But it need a proper application path if you want to block remote addresses as far as I understand through Firewall window.

NbbzUK8.png

If I add these addresses to Network exceptions list I can not add those addresses on the same line.

@Therru

the program path will be ur browser i.e. if u r looking to block google

just browse it to the location where ur browser is installed.

Not working.

what's not working ? plz explain in detail

also can u try and leave the ports field empty

in permission, select all rather than just 'untrusted'

also try dcs's range of google blocking given in first post.

I meant that it's not possible with Bitdefender. It creates a new chrome.exe to Firewall list, it won't use my settings, and I can't modify the new chrome.exe item because there's no modify button.

I meant that it's not possible with Bitdefender. It creates a new chrome.exe to Firewall list, it won't use my settings, and I can't modify the new chrome.exe item because there's no modify button.

can u delete the existing rule and create a new one ? :unsure:

Noup, it creates a new one.

This is the only way I could think of: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-24?do=findComment&comment=817743

But here those 2 IPs are on different lines as a individual IPs.

sorry but i m out of ideas now

let's hope other bitdefender users pitch in to help u

maybe dcs18 have some viewpoints to share with u :)

Does anyone post a list of ips to block goggle ? Id rather block them each than in ranges ...

Does anyone post a list of ips to block goggle ? Id rather block them each than in ranges ...

ofcourse the best way to go abt it is personally doing it

but u also have to remember here its for the whole community round the world

hence just listing some ips might not work out for ppl round the world

google being google is spread across WWW throughout and hence some google service might creep in if u block only some particular ips

with range it just takes a minute or less, but blocking and filling up each ip is a tiresomw job something not all maybe upto.

ofcourse the best way to go abt it is personally doing it

but u also have to remember here its for the whole community round the world

hence just listing some ips might not work out for ppl round the world

google being google is spread across WWW throughout and hence some google service might creep in if u block only some particular ips

with range it just takes a minute or less, but blocking and filling up each ip is a tiresomw job something not all maybe upto.

I use a different method of blocking it uses ips instead of ranges . Really for someone like me that uses a vpn I change ips from time to time just blocking it in one region is not very effective.

I could block all of goggle.. I found all the sites I need to block but even if I do I would be censoring my self from YouTube and also you find some good warez uploaded to goggle drive sometimes and there's many websites that use captchas and other stuff by them .They are goggle depended . So you want be able post at some sites and you want be able to download from some filehost if you do fully. Id rather just use a vpn + security addons to block them than censor myself from a lot of the internet . I'm just letting you know the side effects of fully blocking them.

To fully block Google you will need to get all ips or Ip ranges to all these domains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_domains

Blocking the 1e100.net and then blocking Google are two different things, altogether - the 1e100.net domain is just a small part of Google. B)

No other Google component causes as much annoyance as 1e100.net - it causes a nuisance even with the system at idle state. h4CvlGL.gif

I thought you were The Master. :naughty:

Blocking the 1e100.net and then blocking Google are two different things, altogether - the 1e100.net domain is just a small part of Google. B)

No other Google component causes as much annoyance as 1e100.net - it causes a nuisance even with the system at idle state. h4CvlGL.gif

Yes side effects of 1e100.net are limited to it just not being able to Block Reported Attack Sites, Or Block Reported Web Forgeries , Google Updater or updates for Google products wont work and provides the initial thumbnail for YouTube videos. so you wont have no thumbnail .

I dont install Google products or do need thumbnails to watch a video . :D

Google.png

I can still access google.co.uk, I'm not sure if it's even possible to block google.co*

After witnessing all the mortifying testimonials against the Bitdefender firewall, I am glad to be running Windows Firewall Control - a standalone firewall (at just 322 KB.) al6wao4.gif

Oh sure you block it.. I can block Google.co.uk and not be able to access it i can just block with a addon i have and cant access it or any site for that matter

After witnessing all the mortifying testimonials against the Bitdefender firewall, I am glad to be running Windows Firewall Control - a standalone firewall (at just 322 KB.) al6wao4.gif

So what's your antivirus choice mate?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived