"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

After witnessing all the mortifying testimonials against the Bitdefender firewall, I am glad to be running Windows Firewall Control - a standalone firewall (at just 322 KB.) al6wao4.gif

So what's your antivirus choice mate?

ESET NOD 32 EAV - with HIPS disabled (using Process Lasso Pro. as an Anti-executable, instead - check out post # 631.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't like ESET SS?

The ESS is an (EAV + firewall) - ESET was the undisputed leader for a number of years purely due to their excellent standalone AntiVirus. However, they lost their crown once they introduced ESS - in the form of a suite (their firewall is almost as unintuitive as the one on Bitdefender.) h4CvlGL.gif

*Thinking of WFC + 360 Total Security (Qihoo)*

Have not yet had the opportunity of test driving 360 Total Security (Qihoo) - however, Windows Firewall Control has managed to impress me abundantly. F3h9xqz.gif

Have not yet had the opportunity of test driving 360 Total Security (Qihoo) - however, Windows Firewall Control has managed to impress me abundantly. F3h9xqz.gif

I need good enough av to protect my online banking, so I'm not sure of Qihoo is good enough (there's no built in firewall after all).

I need good enough av to protect my online banking, so I'm not sure of Qihoo is good enough (there's no built in firewall after all).

Except for KIS, have personally never come across any firewall that is built into the AntiVirus; to offer fine granularity - anyways, since you plan to use Windows Firewall Control, you won't need a built-in firewall. EcSzyhn.gif

I don't know about Kaspersky, I tried to add remote addresses into the Firewall module and it kept removing remote addresses there. I'm not sure if it's a bug or something. (KIS15.0.0.463(a))

WRFHVD5.png

It does not remember Remote addresses which I typed there. When I hit Edit those numbers are gone.

I think if Taker is passing, through this way - he would post a solution to your issue. yXZVmpE.gif

WFC did the trick:

173.194.0.1-173.194.255.254,74.125.136.17-74.125.136.83

(74.125.136.17-74.125.136.83 is for Gmail blocking)

PS: I'm impressed how easy it was.

Running now Qihoo 360 Total Security + WFC, so far so good. Thanks dcs18 for the suggestion.

Dukun Cabul

I can still access google.co.uk, I'm not sure if it's even possible to block google.co*

Did you really add the IPs into the Network Exceptions list like this (by clicking on the blue "+" sign)

Google_co_uk2.png

I just wonder why it worked for me :think:

Google_co_uk1.png

Sorry..... cannot continue posting

Adios amigos !

I just wonder why it worked for me :think:coz you're Dukun Cabul hahaha.

Dukun Cabul dilawan.

Yeah...now my combination of wfc + kaspersky antivirus isn't working...looks like Kaspersky is preventing...

I knw it doesn't have a firewall inbuilt so...ya it kinda sucks...donno what's the possibility coz I've made block rule + allow rule...still idm can check for updates

But if I change the filtering level then...it stops the internet of whole pc

The WFC filtering level works optimally at Medium - ensure however, that WFC is activated.

At Options, ensure you tick/check Disable the ability of other programs to add firewall rules.

At Rules, opt for Outbound.

Please feel welcome to ask for assistance as many times as it takes to resolve any issue/s.

I been testing download mangers since 2001 the only one that can come close is J Downloader beta 2

IDM is really good for stuff that dont have a lot of links to download.

But if you have a lot of links it gets tiresome going to the web page.

The upside to JD you can put all the links at once if its on link save or something you can solve with in the program .

There's some file host it works for that dont work in IDM

They have better support than idm they have there own forum . They update almost everyday.

Its free so you dont have worry with cracks or work arounds.

The downside of JD its big and bulky , Runs off Java and if a plugin gets out dated you have wait on a update.

That's why i use both :)

The WFC filtering level works optimally at Medium - ensure however, that WFC is activated.

At Options, ensure you tick/check Disable the ability of other programs to add firewall rules.

Please feel welcome to ask for assistance as many times as it takes to resolve any issue/s.

I think I surely need ur assistance

I'll pm u my teamviewer id and pass

Can u help me?

Regards

IP-range 173.194.0.1 - 173.194.255.254 blocks Chromium Woolyss, storage.googleapis.com uses this IP:

I think I surely need ur assistance

I'll pm u my teamviewer id and pass

Can u help me?

Regards

Oh, yes - sure (just had my dinner.)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived