"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I don't know if it's already posted but there's a shortcut to add Windows Firewall Rules thru command prompt.

Note: This is for x64 Windows

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Internet Download Manager Block" dir=out action=block program="%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe" remoteip=50.22.78.28,50.22.78.29,50.22.78.31,50.97.41.98,50.97.82.44,69.41.163.49,69.41.163.149,75.125.34.148,75.125.34.157,173.255.137.80,173.255.134.84,174.127.73.80,174.127.73.85,174.133.70.98,174.133.70.101,184.173.188.104,184.173.188.106,184.173.188.107,202.134.64.74,207.44.199.16,207.44.199.159,207.44.199.165
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Internet Download Manager Allow" dir=out action=allow program="%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe"

Just edit the two(2) newly created firewall rules in Programs and Services -- This program (Browse to IDMan.exe / Internet Download Manager Program Directory)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it's already posted but there's a shortcut to add Windows Firewall Rules thru command prompt.

Note: This is for x64 Windows

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Internet Download Manager Block" dir=out action=block program="%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe" remoteip=50.22.78.28,50.22.78.29,50.22.78.31,50.97.41.98,50.97.82.44,69.41.163.49,69.41.163.149,75.125.34.148,75.125.34.157,173.255.137.80,173.255.134.84,174.127.73.80,174.127.73.85,174.133.70.98,174.133.70.101,184.173.188.104,184.173.188.106,184.173.188.107,202.134.64.74,207.44.199.16,207.44.199.159,207.44.199.165
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Internet Download Manager Allow" dir=out action=allow program="%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe"

Just edit the two(2) newly created firewall rules in Programs and Services -- This program (Browse to IDMan.exe / Internet Download Manager Program Directory)

How about this reg entry? DokngFE.gif

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules]"{D3E0F0B6-B7C3-42F7-AB06-2424C98A976B}"="v2.10|Action=Block|Active=TRUE|Dir=Out|RA4=50.22.78.28|RA4=50.22.78.29|RA4=50.22.78.31|RA4=50.97.41.98|RA4=50.97.82.44|RA4=69.41.163.49|RA4=69.41.163.149|RA4=75.125.34.148|RA4=75.125.34.157|RA4=173.255.137.80|RA4=173.255.134.84|RA4=174.127.73.80|RA4=174.127.73.85|RA4=174.133.70.98|RA4=174.133.70.101|RA4=184.173.188.104|RA4=184.173.188.106|RA4=184.173.188.107|RA4=202.134.64.74|RA4=207.44.199.16|RA4=207.44.199.159|RA4=207.44.199.165|App=%ProgramFiles% (x86)\\Internet Download Manager\\IDMan.exe|Name=Internet Download Manager -  Block|""{FFAA5493-8DAB-4E1B-8570-CFEBF37132AD}"="v2.10|Action=Allow|Active=TRUE|Dir=Out|App=%ProgramFiles% (x86)\\Internet Download Manager\\IDMan.exe|Name=Internet Download Manager - Allow|"

I like using WFC for easy control of windows firewall myself just reach down in the tray and and open it . you add are remove rules easy. you can't beat it . Also turning notifications up on high using wfc it warns you when something tires to connect . Even if you uninstall it you can tell it to keep your windows firewall rules.

Some FW could stand to use a a better way to add ips . eg the ones you can only add one at a time too.

Of late, this thread has turned in to a battle ground between Pr0's and n00b's :o :tehe:

I don't understand, where "i'm superior than you" has come in to the picture ? Don't forget, the moment, you ask someone's help, "even for a bit", that person is superior to you "at least for the moment". Else, why have you asked the help ? So, please don't try turning down others, "incase of failure."

I never have looked at it like that i was superior to no one I just like to keep things simple and try not to over complicate things , it is frustrating when people ask for help and you show them a way they can do it , And they do something not even related to there firewall. It makes you not want to try to help when you give someone the answers but they dont even use them . Why ask for help in the 1st place ? It is time consuming to install a program I dont use in vm to show them a way to use it.

Now the board want even let dcs18 post more images in the 2nd post you will have to dig through the topic to get any new stuff added ?

Like here //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=837987

And here : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=837061

I think the biggest problem in this topic is when you say firewall there's a wide range of them if your not willing to install it for yourself and really help them . You should not give advice on how to use it . that's the blind leading the blind sort of speak. I have installed some FW some speak of and seen they didn't work right for blocking ips period .

Like rkkdjb told me before it says in the 1st post this topic is not for noobs :lol:

This guide is meant for Advanced Users & Intellectuals if you are a n00b, please do not proceed.

Requirement:

1. Installed & Updated ESET Smart Security (Activated Trial or Using Any Legit Key)

HOW TO BLOCK IP's to in ESET Firewall

1. Right Click on ESET Icon.

2. Click on Advanced Setup.

gsaiYSf.png

3. Go To Network > Personal Firewall > Rules & Zone > Click on Setup under Zone & Rule Editor

Ke8fOVz.png

4. Click on New

uys0uix.png

5. General Tab > Change Direction to Out

pEk063d.png

6. Local Tab > Add the Application (C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe)

b5J7JRq.png

7. Remote Tab > Add IPv4 Address [iPs to be blocked (91.228.165.81,91.228.167.125)]

CGbCPew.png

8. Restart your system. After first restart you will see the following as your activation info :

Now Just check for Virus Definitions, So Your Screen Will Look Like This

WNzAT0F.png

9. Don't worry, just do a second restart.That's it, your product is now fully activated as illustrated below :

nuksDUu.png

image.png

image.png

It do work in ESET 8 Beta

@rkkdjb

Hello

I just tested this method, and it's OK

Nut I can't update virus databse anymore (no error message, but not fetching today's update)

Isn't there a second rule to allow ?

Requirement:

1. Installed & Updated ESET Smart Security (Activated Trial or Using Any Legit Key)

gsaiYSf.png

3. Go To Network > Personal Firewall > Rules & Zone > Click on Setup under Zone & Rule Editor

Ke8fOVz.png

4. Click on New

uys0uix.png

pEk063d.png

6. Local Tab > Add the Application (C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe)

b5J7JRq.png

7. Remote Tab > Add IPv4 Address [iPs to be blocked (91.228.165.81,91.228.167.125)]

CGbCPew.png

8. Restart your system. After first restart you will see the following as your activation info :

WNzAT0F.png

9. Don't worry, just do a second restart.That's it, your product is now fully activated as illustrated below :

nuksDUu.png

image.png

image.png

@rkkdjb

Hello

Nut I can't update virus databse anymore (no error message, but not fetching today's update)

Its not the rule thats causing prob

its eset

it blocked this method as other users also reported that

until then rely on trial keys for 30days..u can also use trial keys every 30 days ..so its like lifetime activation

regards

Requirement:

gsaiYSf.png

Ke8fOVz.png

4. Click on New

uys0uix.png

pEk063d.png

b5J7JRq.png

CGbCPew.png

WNzAT0F.png

nuksDUu.png

image.png

image.png

@rkkdjb

Hello

Its not the rule thats causing prob

its eset

it blocked this method as other users also reported that

until then rely on trial keys for 30days..u can also use trial keys every 30 days ..so its like lifetime activation

regards

No, it's not the case. Actually at the moment ESET Update servers are flooded with huge update requests due to release of a larger 11MB update which is supposed to bring an internal reorganization of the engine which should result in slightly smaller updates, memory consumption and slightly increased performance. ;)

Have a look at these threads:--

https://forum.eset.com/topic/3263-smart-security-not-updating-virus-signatures/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/3263-smart-security-not-updating-virus-signatures/

FYI, I am also using the IP Block workaround with the Trial Key & was able to successfully update my ESS installation without any issues whatsoever. :yes:

3VkB0dH.pngWPPNNZr.png

beta test 'Prevent Kaspersky Internet Security From Dialing Home' - will refine it once some feedback is received :yes:

not for n00bs, try at ur own risk :fear:

• install latest version of KIS - clean install preferred or else use uninstall tools.

image.png

• create firewall rules

Program Path to be blocked : C:\program files (x86)\kaspersky lab\kaspersky internet security 15.0.1\avp.exe

IP to be blocked: 218.213.94.62

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• close KIS down - disable self defense, pause protection and exit from tray.
  • merge registry key from here or here
  • open KIS again and start updating.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Updated post#1086 with instructions on how to prevent KIS from dialing home, plz provide feedback so that i can proceed to refine it :yes:

Updated post#1086 with instructions on how to prevent KIS from dialing home, plz provide feedback so that i can proceed to refine it :yes:

Hi Bro, please make a brief notes why IP to be blocked: 218.213.94.62/32 and please find out ftp://ftp.kaspersky.ru/bases/blst/ (blacklist update through database)

Thanks

It got me today, You know pop-up: "Fake serial number" i was using ip block method with kis smoothly up to today.

How did that happen?

Any idea? idm start to use new ip adress/es for catch us or kis leaked ip, i dont understand.

So i have to register again, enter serial number etc.

It got me today, You know pop-up: "Fake serial number" i was using ip block method with kis smoothly up to today.

How did that happen?

Any idea? idm start to use new ip adress/es for catch us or kis leaked ip, i dont understand.

USe kaspersky latest build that has several bug fixes in firewall

so i suggest u to update ur build

regards

Can confirm ESET IP block is no longer working :sorry: guyz :bag:

I cant tell if its working or not tell 30 days is up so far its been updating and has no expire date.. but if you say so Ill just get a new key when mine runs out not a big deal really .

my ess trial license expired 25/09/2014, today (26/09/2014) it's still activated and updates to the latest 10466, so IP block might still be working. I'll report back a few days later if it's still updating.

Those people say IP block not working, can you give some proof of not working?

my ess trial license expired 25/09/2014, today (26/09/2014) it's still activated and updates to the latest 10466, so IP block might still be working. I'll report back a few days later if it's still updating.

Those people say IP block not working, can you give some proof of not working?

The reason they all say it stop working because out of the blue it stopped working for them . Let me know how that goes for you . :)

is there any way to reset trial period of idm without patching idman.exe file ??

Yes try searching before posting

In this section itself the tool is available

USE THIS

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BztIAKfcU8ruRXhvT0c5YXZlZUU&usp=sharing

There is no new IP address - those 22 IPs recommended at the OP continue to work flawlessly, here (Windows Firewall Control.) 6HUIPBa.gif

How did that happen?

regards

Friends sorry for that, i wrote that problem then i remember how did it happen, when i opened pc, [ You know kis protection don't start immediately at the opening of computer (if you select this option on settings) ]

i started to use idm before kis protection not start so there was no firewall and idm could access to internet.

Sorry for the my previous message.

Finally, ip block method continues to work like a charm ;)

There is no new IP address - those 22 IPs recommended at the OP continue to work flawlessly, here (Windows Firewall Control.) 6HUIPBa.gif

How did that happen?

regards

Friends sorry for that, i wrote that problem then i remember how did it happen, when i opened pc, [ You know kis protection don't start immediately at the opening of computer (if you select this option on settings) ]

i started to use idm before kis protection not start so there was no firewall and idm could access to internet.

Sorry for the my previous message.

Finally, ip block method continues to work like a charm ;)

If u feel like still IDM can dial home then just

untick IDM module start-up

and after complete startup u can click to start

regards

Just a heads-up IDM is now using 184.173.188.106 to call home

Be safe, by adding all the IPs mentioned in the first post.

I have an idea that might succeed for your firewall tutorial on ESET (post # 560) - do you wanna give it a shot?

Don't have ESET installed atm,still beta testing sumthing :P

but gonna install it on 3 guests machines(no monitoring)

so :yes: if it's working fyn for u

I have an idea that might succeed for your firewall tutorial on ESET (post # 560) - do you wanna give it a shot?

Don't have ESET installed atm,still beta testing sumthing :P

but gonna install it on 3 guests machines(no monitoring)

so :yes: if it's working fyn for u

I don't have ESET installed on my system, either - you may try unchecking (disabling) the following 2 options:--

Click anywhere on the following image for a bigger picture:

deBhgSi.png

I don't have ESET installed on my system, either - you may try unchecking (disabling) the following option

will notice this when i install ESET next time....btw u remember we had talked abt how to reduce no.of restarts.

i m sure the retail license Ip is blocked not too sure abt trial license though

so i m trying with trial license and that trick to update and add ur tip to it

Not sure that IP is the culprit leading to the past failure - however, do try Trial license with a short expiry (anyways, you can always forward the system date for cross-verification sake.)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived