"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Updates & Credits

(6th August 2014) Thanks to rkkdjb (honorable mention to MrHacker):

For his screenshots (at post 587) illustrating how to block the ESS.

@dcs18

i provided the screenshots depicting *just* that same method is applicable to ESS

credit should go to MrHacker for fully illustrating the rules with screenshots on how to achieve the above.(Block ESS)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18

i provided the screenshots depicting *just* that same method is applicable to ESS

credit should go to MrHacker for fully illustrating the rules with screenshots on how to achieve the above.(Block ESS)

Oh yes, by all means - have done the needful (post # 2 is now updated.) F3h9xqz.gif

@dcs18 & @rkkdjb

Thanks a lot for giving me the credit.

@dcs18 & @rkkdjb

Thanks a lot for giving me the credit.

Thanks bro u did save my PC..works like charm

and yeah now my pc is like lifetime activated

MY special THANKS to @

dcs18

and

@

rkkdjb

WISH I CAN DO the SAME WITH KASPERSKY

regards

I have tried the last years various firewalls..the easiest way to block IP's for me, is the Outpost Firewall from Agnitum via IP Blocklist setting.

Btw, the Outpost is the 2nd best fw according to Matousec website. Here's the list: http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php

They r not an independent testing unlike av test and av comparatives

These site r funded by the security companies to promote their products

So..never trust these sites

@dcs18

IR84lkO.png

Notice those 1e100.net.. They are out of the range 74.125.0.1-74.125.255.254

Where the Protocol is TCP

and Remote Address is lis01s05-in-f25.1e100.net (173.194.41.217), lis01s06-in-f25.1e100.net (173.194.45.25), lis01s06-in-f11.1e100.net (173.194.45.11)
and Direction is Outbound
Block It

Obviously there are more *.1e100.net that spotify is connecting to.. I just though share some of these

and Remote Address is lis01s05-in-f25.1e100.net (173.194.41.217), lis01s06-in-f25.1e100.net (173.194.45.25), lis01s06-in-f11.1e100.net (173.194.45.11)
Block It

This falls within the range shared here : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-21?do=findComment&comment=815879

but i m not sure :dunno:

thanx for the feedback though it was long overdue :D

Block It

This falls within the range shared here : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-21?do=findComment&comment=815879

but i m not sure :dunno:

thanx for the feedback though it was long overdue :D

You are absolutely right.. I only checked the first range xD

I guess I'll ip blocklist that range instead of Spotify only getting blocked. Thanks!

EDIT: Better not ipblocklist... youtube.com doesn't display some icons while that range is blocked.. Sticking now with just spotify.exe getting that range blocked since music playback doesn't get disturbed at the time being.

I guess I'll ip blocklist that range instead of Spotify only getting blocked. Thanks!

No no, wait for the final word from dcs18

Eset has poor rating.

Isn't eset supposed to be considered to have one of the best firewall?

No ways. Till today, Comodo is the BEST. And, on the second best slot, you can take on Outpost Pro, KIS, and Norton.

No no, wait for the final word from dcs18

Hey buddy

Can u try the same way firewall ip block with Kaspersky?

So that we can bypass license check

I know it's a tough but can u try?

Regards

When updating K-Lite Codec Pack to the lastest version I had to close IDM, When I restart it again the program showed me the screen saying it is registered with a fake serial number. I had to register again. Do you guys knows why?

Hey buddy

Can u try the same way firewall ip block with Kaspersky?

So that we can bypass license check

I know it's a tough but can u try?

Regards

@kantry123

ATM i m still testing whether ESET holds on activation after the license we initially input expires.

So, can't test another AV right now.

But u sure can try, i will give u a tip use a standalone firewall like WFC and try it on KAV first, this way it wud be easy(so to say,to monitor) and later u can expand it to other builds(if it works on the basic version).

Although the likeliness of Kaspersky being activated in the same way seems to be zero to me.

me, just like @anakin206, IDM showed fake serial number after tried to p@tch an app. at the end, I used cr@ck from Engh3 :fun:

When updating K-Lite Codec Pack to the lastest version I had to close IDM, When I restart it again the program showed me the screen saying it is registered with a fake serial number. I had to register again. Do you guys knows why?

me, just like @anakin206, IDM showed fake serial number after tried to p@tch an app. at the end, I used cr@ck from Engh3 :fun:

What method were you guys using to fix your IDM - I don't see either of you, anywhere on this thread using the firewall trick?

If you were using the firewall trick - which one was it (please post with complete details.)

What method were you guys using to fix your IDM - I don't see either of you, anywhere on this thread using the firewall trick?

If you were using the firewall trick - which one was it (please post with complete details.)

I was using firewall trick from first post on this thread, with windows firewall. I have listed all the IP. I was trying to fix Sublime Text 3 at the time and then I got fake serial notification.

I was using firewall trick from first post on this thread, with windows firewall. I have listed all the IP. I was trying to fix Sublime Text 3 at the time and then I got fake serial notification.

Can you upload (or point a link to) the patch only - shall try it (I am running Windows Firewall, myself.) ;)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived