"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Is there anyone who can help me via team-viewer because "fake serial" still appears after few minutes after making outbound rules?

Which firewall are you using?

Have you activated your IDM, at least once - after creating your outbound rule?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone who can help me via team-viewer because "fake serial" still appears after few minutes after making outbound rules?

Which firewall are you using?

Have you activated your IDM, at least once - after creating your outbound rule?

It was activated earlier. I am using window firewall , however, windows firewall is managed by Norton 360.

It was activated earlier.

IDM needs to be re-activated after creating the outbound rule for all those 24 IPs.

I am using window firewall , however, windows firewall is managed by Norton 360.

If it still does not work - you might need to wait for a Norton User to TeamView your setup.

well i m using palemoon and sadly these rule do not apply to it

but i do hope that the vast majority of firefox users will help in the development/updation of the topic.

:thumbsup:

well i m using palemoon and sadly these rule do not apply to it

but i do hope that the vast majority of firefox users will help in the development/updation of the topic.

:thumbsup:

You can post your take on Pale Moon, if you like.

As far as Firefox is concerned, was planning to add the block rules for Search Engines and Add-ons, as well - however, those two need to essentially be allowed to update themselves.

edit: need new block image for firefox firewall

Shall post a new image after tea. FfHPNmS.gif

You can post your take on Pale Moon, if you like.

IDK maybe but not happening right now.

As far as Firefox is concerned, was planning to add the block rules for Search Engines and Add-ons, as well - however, those need to essentially be updated.

that's why i said 'hope others take active participation'

although i think it wud be diff 4 cyberfox,waterfox etc as well but i think it(the firefox) rule may apply to the nightlies as well

someone using nightly can report it :D

Why do you use Firewall rules to turn off updates in Firefox ?

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu ) and then click Options. 2.Click the Advanced panel. 3.Click the Update tab. The auto-update options are displayed. Just tick never check for updates box and then you can just check them when fell like it or just download installers.

It is professional to use a multi-layered approach - remember, I mentioned to you that I administer to hundreds of client machines. Besides, the firewall approach brings the following advantage over the conventional one:--

Please note - the configuration at the following graphic illustrations overrides the setting on the Firefox interface

FWIW, I use firewalling on Firefox despite the fact that the options on any of my configurations are disabled and do not allow the luxury of being easily changed by my clients:--

mcnWOdV.png

Oh so you use this for a Network so they cant update in that case it would be very good . :)

edit: need new block image for firefox firewall

Shall post a fresh image after tea. FfHPNmS.gif

Done!!!

hey i am sorry to ask but can you explain your method to me in a step-by-step way (not experienced user)

Which firewall are you using? bF79Bcn.gif

Dukun Cabul

By creating a block rule for your network adapter, I see that you have blocked (IDM + all other programs from using those IPs) - isn't it possible for the Bitdefender firewall to block Internet Download Manager (IDMan.exe) exclusively (like other firewalls?)

With the following Bitdefender configuration I'm still able to visit IDM home site and download IDM installer from its official servers.

Turn off IDM (Exit IDM from systray).

2. Remove current/existing IDM rule.

1_Remove_rule.png

3. Add new rules to block IDM IP's

2_Add_rule.png

For now, I just need to block the following 3 IP's to make it works, but I recommend you to block all known IDM IPs (provided on page 1).

- Block IP address: 50.97.41.98

3_Rule1.png

- Block IP address: 184.173.188.104

4_Rule2.png

- Block IP address: 184.173.188.107

5_Rule3.png

6_New_rules.png

4. Reboot.

5. Activate IDM with any fake serial number.

- A5BW3-JLH56-OKN71-W6OXL

- CV4NT-32TRI-CIVE4-8DCQ1

- O45XS-T55G7-4M94S-10ERX

- LFMZY-VWPMJ-Z93W6-UU7HU

- XIWUM-0W726-B4SFO-Q5FEN

Done !

BTW, I prefer to use this trial resetter instead of blocking the IP's ..... more clean I think ;)

@echo off

mkdir %SystemRoot%\System32\Test

if %errorlevel%==0 (

rmdir %SystemRoot%\System32\Test

) else (

echo Please "Run as administrator"

echo.

pause

exit

)

if exist "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\" (

set "Path=%ProgramFiles(x86)%"

set "Key1=HKCR\Wow6432Node\CLSID"

set "Key2=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager"

set "Key3=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Internet Download Manager"

) else (

set "Path=%ProgramFiles%"

set "Key1=HKCR\CLSID"

set "Key2=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager"

set "Key3=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Internet Download Manager"

)

tasklist /fi "imagename eq IDMan.exe" | find /i "IDMan.exe"

if %errorlevel%==0 taskkill /im IDMan.exe /f /t

echo %Key1%\{07999AC3-058B-40BF-984F-69EB1E554CA7} [7]>>Permissions

echo %Key1%\{5ED60779-4DE2-4E07-B862-974CA4FF2E9C} [7]>>Permissions

echo %Key1%\{6DDF00DB-1234-46EC-8356-27E7B2051192} [7]>>Permissions

echo %Key1%\{7B8E9164-324D-4A2E-A46D-0165FB2000EC} [7]>>Permissions

echo %Key1%\{D5B91409-A8CA-4973-9A0B-59F713D25671} [7]>>Permissions

regini Permissions

del Permissions

reg delete %Key1%\{07999AC3-058B-40BF-984F-69EB1E554CA7} /f

reg delete %Key1%\{5ED60779-4DE2-4E07-B862-974CA4FF2E9C} /f

reg delete %Key1%\{6DDF00DB-1234-46EC-8356-27E7B2051192} /f

reg delete %Key1%\{7B8E9164-324D-4A2E-A46D-0165FB2000EC} /f

reg delete %Key1%\{D5B91409-A8CA-4973-9A0B-59F713D25671} /f

reg delete "%Key3%" /f

if exist "%Path%\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe" (

reg delete %Key2% /v Email /f

reg delete %Key2% /v FName /f

reg delete %Key2% /v LName /f

reg delete %Key2% /v Serial /f

) else (

reg delete %Key2% /f

)

echo.

echo Done !

pause

exit

Preventing 1e100.net (Google) From Over-flooding Your Internet Connection

The Problem:

While using your browser, most of you might have noticed 1e100.net spawning hundreds of UDP / TCP endpoints - those who have not encountered the same may want to try out TCPView on their system/s to audit whether these internet packets are over-flooding their internet connectivity or not.

The Solution:

Use your firewall to block Any / All Programs from outbound the IP range 74.125.0.174.125.255.254 as illustrated below:

7xUnT2i.png

Firefox Users may take extra precautions, by disabling the following two, in Firefox - under the Security menu:--

• Block reported attack sites
  • Block reported web forgeries

The Testimonial:

Post # 56

Edit:--

Post # 1 and post # 2 updated.

If you can explain for this domain I not understand what is blocked and what is not working after blocking ... Thanks.

The Problem:

While using your browser, most of you might have noticed 1e100.net spawning hundreds of UDP / TCP endpoints - those who have not encountered the same may want to try out TCPView on their system/s to audit whether these internet packets are over-flooding their internet connectivity or not.

The Solution:

Use your firewall to block Any / All Programs from outbound the IP range 74.125.0.174.125.255.254 as illustrated below:

7xUnT2i.png

Firefox Users may take extra precautions, by disabling the following two, in Firefox - under the Security menu:--

The Testimonial:

Post # 56

Same with Kaspersky? I tried to add those addresses there but in some reason Kaspersky does not remember those, when I hit Edit those numbers are gone.

WRFHVD5.png

It does not remember Remote addresses which I typed there. When I hit Edit those numbers are gone.

Thanks for those illustrations - now, just waiting for Bitdefender Users to confirm that it is working for everyone. Sqcr0rM.gif

For now, I just need to block the following 3 IP's to make it works (Of course, you may block more IP's).

It is always safer to use all recommended IPs - IDM can decide to rotate those IPs, anytime (as some Users have already discovered.)

BTW, I prefer to use this trial resetter instead of blocking the IP's ..... more clean I think ;)

Nope, Trial Resetters can never be categorized as clean - besides, a Trial Resetter won't stop those unwanted internet traffic and moreover will need to be executed periodically. XjpzZ69.gif

The Problem:

The Solution:

7xUnT2i.png

The Testimonial:

Post # 56

If you can explain for this domain I not understand what is blocked and what is not working after blocking ... Thanks.

Did you read The Testimonial thread - the domain that is blocked belongs to Google (you can always find out what is blocked through the whois site.)

You can also use http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp to perform an IP lookup. EcSzyhn.gif

Dukun Cabul

It is always safer to use all recommended IPs - IDM can decide to rotate those IPs, anytime (as some Users have already discovered.

Yup .... you are right !

In the past : 50.97.41.98 = star.tonec.com

Currently : 50.97.41.98 = registeridm.com

image.png

should we go back to use the host block method ... :rofl:

It is always safer to use all recommended IPs - IDM can decide to rotate those IPs, anytime (as some Users have already discovered.

Yup .... you are right !

In the past : 50.97.41.98 = star.tonec.com

Currently : 50.97.41.98 = registeridm.com

should we go back to use the host block method ... :rofl:

It is not possible to block IPs using hosts edits- it just does not have that capability. It can only block hostname - hence the name hosts. gNTdv9Q.gif

I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT IN BITDEFENDER ,HOW TO BLOCK THE IPS O IT

How to block it with Bitdefender? Thanks

I tested it for idm

It isn't working

It still checks for updates

And yes...I've already followed ur every step

Donno...but bitdefender kinda sux..

Both with shitty firewall as well as increased boot time + resource hogger

Can you guys report back whether the new illustrations posted by Dukun Cabul, at post 467 are working, for you.

Bitdefender + IDM:

Wq4e98J.png

I'm still able to check updates and navigate to IDM homepage. Also managed to download IDM app from IDM homepage:

jPmeG8X.png

Fake serial detected.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived