"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, xyzdev said:

Will using Windows Firewall to block IP's and hosts file to block domains, work?

It can work but there are certain things to keep in mind:-

1) IDM has the authority to even modify hosts(even when its made read-only).

2) Hosts is system level block, so you wont't be able to access IDM offical site.

3) 'Check for updates' option should never be clicked upon, better looked at, even by mistake.

4) You will have to list down all the domains individually, a general or wildcard-domain is not supported.

hamanokaito

New methode block IP or Domain.

This methode i use software block Ip or domain <Software will auto Resolve domain to Ip>

Watch Video you will understand.

To find out more features and link download of the software please visit : https://www.ntkernel.com/net-firewall/

TrialReset

Site: Site: https://mega.nz Sharecode[?]:
Sharecode[?]: /#!8ZtkmRTI!aCnF0rKF0hluq7hjIt3JlLFx28gt8EEvJUtUka5Sp4Q

BTDJC-V7R6O-YK82E-N6HAX

169.55.0.224 [www.internetdownloadmanager.com]
169.55.0.227 [secure.internetdownloadmanager.com]
185.80.221.19 [mirror5.internetdownloadmanager.com]
185.80.221.18 [test.internetdownloadmanager.com]
174.127.73.85 [mirror3.internetdownloadmanager.com]
169.55.40.5 [registeridm.com]

13 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

This methode i use software block Ip or domain <Software will auto Resolve domain to Ip>

Looks very much like IPSec blocking(since I don't know about that NetFW s/w).

Is it so?

Providing a GUI for IPSec blocking?

hamanokaito
6 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Looks very much like IPSec blocking(since I don't know about that NetFW s/w).

Is it so?

This software use driver WinpkFilter to manager IP.......

P/s: If you want know infor please visit

Link1: https://www.ntkernel.com/forums/forum/nt-kernel-resources-forums/windows-internals/

Link2: https://www.ntkernel.com/net-firewall/

Hmm... for windows firewall users and ipsec lovers, you can still use latest build 14 - IDM to activate but needs ipsec policy enabled posted all information details needed in previous posts...

( WF + IPSEC) -- Total Block. 

Tested using windows10 x64 1703

Currently using it now :) .... See Attached image below:

wfipsec.jpg

Family time.

PS: Still using typed key IDM62-34567-89123-45678 :P

sledge,

As per tests undertaken by Undertaker (forgive the pun) and me, the (Firewall + IPSec) combination was throwing-up a nag under one of the following scenarios (I forget which one):—

• when we used the Check for updates... via the IDM interface, and
  • when we downloaded a file.

27 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

( WF + IPSEC) -- Total Block. 

In my particular system, IPSec is also bypassed, doesn't work. :(

9 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

sledge,

As per tests undertaken by Undertaker (forgive the pun) and me, the (Firewall + IPSec) combination was throwing-up a nag under one of the following scenarios (I forget which one):—

• when we used the Check for updates... via the IDM interface, and
  • when we downloaded a file.

True and absolutely correct but  there is a Trick there which  i will post it in time....  still testing for few more days... :) however, you wont be able to download from idm site as well. other sites are fine.

2 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

yes no doubt about that but.....  give me few more days to run idm with it...  there is a trick there..... 

2 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

yes no doubt about that but.....  give me few more days to run idm with it...  there is a trick there..... 

But in @dcs18's system, IPSec was not being bypassed. Is the bypass limited to windows 10?

4 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

But in @dcs18's system, IPSec was not being bypassed. Is the bypass limited to windows 10?

yes,  ipsec was not bypass in me too in windows 10.... give me few days  about it... :)  the nag is in the registry thrash exisitng....   but retains my favorite key activation idm62.........

7 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

3 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

On my system, everything works — just like well oiled machinery. tx38TOr.gif

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Are you also using custom registry tricks or other program(PLP,etc.) to help support IPSec?

4 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

yes,  ipsec was not bypass in me too in windows 10.... give me few days  about it... :)  the nag is in the registry thrash exisitng....   but retains my favorite key activation idm62.........

Please test without modifying registry keys or IDM files and different key. :)

8 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Are you also using custom registry tricks or other program(PLP,etc.) to help support IPSec?

Please test without modifying registry keys or IDM files and different key. :)

im still using a typed key... idm62.... hehehe  

8 minutes ago, Undertaker said:
11 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In the course of the last few years, have implemented millions of enhancements — not possible to recollect.

15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

using (uMatrix and Adblock Plus on my Nightly)

I thought you were using uBlock instead of ABP? :think:

Back to the best? :tooth:

I keep switching between Adblock Plus and uBlock — while uBlock is good to have as a daily driver, it's during custom filter creation on challenging sites, that the superior logging system of Adblock Plus is employed.

In another couple of hours shall be back to uBlock.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Just tried replacing DNSCrypt with Acrylic DNS — it failed to retain IDM activation (maybe someone else might like to take a shot at it.) ^_^

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

It's back to DNSCrypt for me, unless someone can figure out a way to use Acrylic DNS to retain IDM activation.

Tried it here, exactly the kind of software I was looking for. Activation was retained successfully. But I'm not using it for IDM purposes just tested it(Adguard has it covered).

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I keep switching between Adblock Plus and uBlock — while uBlock is good to have as a daily driver, it's during custom filter creation on challenging sites, that the superior logging system of Adblock Plus is employed.

Not only the logging system of ABP is good but also it's element hiding capability(with EHH).

When it's impossible for me to create a element hiding rule, ABP+EHH is my go to setup(in new FF profile).

Never disappoints :D

5 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In another couple of hours shall be back to uBlock.

Ummm, meh :P

6 minutes ago, Undertaker said:
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Just tried replacing DNSCrypt with Acrylic DNS — it failed to retain IDM activation (maybe someone else might like to take a shot at it.) ^_^

Tried it here, exactly the kind of software I was looking for. Activation was retained successfully. But I'm not using it for IDM purposes just tested it(Adguard has it covered).

That sounds good — anything to do with proxies and Google DNS seems to fail on my systems due to a stringent multi-level policy against Google. :(

Since it's working for you, why not write a tutorial with due credits to stylemessiah for his heads-up — besides nothing would make conjoined twins Ramen & dog-dethroned happier.

3 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

When it's impossible for me to create a element hiding rule, ABP+EHH is my go to setup(in new FF profile).

Never disappoints :D

That's because element blocking on Adblock Plus is a standalone — hope Raymond can borrow that inspiration.

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

That sounds good — anything to do with proxies and Google DNS seems to fail on my systems due to a stringent multi-level policy against Google. :(

You can have any DNS in Acrylic, it's not limited to Google DNS. For e.g I tried it with Adguard DNS servers and it was working, now I'm using Google DNS servers, I'm sure it can use other DNS servers also, just gotta configure it one-time.

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Since it's working for you, why not write a tutorial with due credits to stylemessiah for his heads-up — besides nothing would make conjoined twins Ramen & dog-dethroned happier.

I'm not sure about this - because like I told I'm not using it for that purpose(IDM).

But if someone is interested and needs help, I'm here. Will help if I can. :)

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived