ESET v4 Fixes

shought

purplebeanz fix is working fine, it requires 2 restart also when your currently on but its much easier n faster.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 204k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used on windows7 ultimate x64 with no glitches. Ran in safemode and its so convienent. Much appreciated.

@PurplebeanZ

Thank you for the new way to have ESET Fix. I'll give it a whirl! & Once again :welcome: to the Nsane forums + Coders Corner. :coolwink:

thanks for the feedback everyone - it's good to know that it's working for all so far!

unforunately it's time for work now :frusty: but i'll be having a look around coders corner this evening.

all the best.

very good fix...set it to nsane downloads :)

agree

--------------------------------------

I agree too, it should be frontpaged !

Jalaffa : - This fix works for all and for ever !

And remove NodEnabler... (And NodLogin too ?)

Cheers.

++

--------------------------------------------

At this moment I dont know how NodLogin is working but, NodEnabler, as already said several times is a lost case. It no longer works and the producer stopped to give assistance to the Fix. So, this one being frontpaged it`s wrong !

nodlogin working fine over here on three pcs . suggest that if you would like to add this new fix , please do , but dont remove the old fixes that work . everyone to his own .

I don't think there is an advantage of using one over the other, but as this is a thread about ESET V4 fixes I thought i'd get some opinions on my offering :)

Sorry, couldn't try out your lovely new fix (have uninstalled all traces of my anti-virus) - options though . . . . . . . . . are always welcome for the people.

Hey people, NodLogin is in a league of it's own - we must never contemplate removing such a superior (and working) fix from the FrontPage. ;)

So, If it does the same as box-mara's fix then what's the point exactly? Actually I fail to see the point of any other fix, box-mara's seems to be stable/working solution that's constantly being updated so why bother with different types of fixes? If it's not broken, don't fix it! Just my two cents.

I don't agree with the 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'-comment but I would like to inquire: what did you improve/fix from the box, mara-fix, or didn't you 'use' it at all?

The point is :-

For those who start to use a fix for ESET for the 1st time, this one posted by Member PurplebeanZ is much faster and easy of to install and besides, as someone mention here before, there isn`t an advise of virus (even being false positive ) .

When you click on about, it says "licensed".

You do not need to disable Self - defense during installation.

You just have to enter in safe mode and then with just one click , it`s done !

Cheers

Jofre

So, If it does the same as box-mara's fix then what's the point exactly? Actually I fail to see the point of any other fix, box-mara's seems to be stable/working solution that's constantly being updated so why bother with different types of fixes? If it's not broken, don't fix it! Just my two cents.

I don't agree with the 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'-comment but I would like to inquire: what did you improve/fix from the box, mara-fix, or didn't you 'use' it at all?

Well I only became aware of the box mara- fix recently, while looking through forums after releasing my latest version. I saw other posts for ESET software with lifetime update fixes and had a nosey which is how I found my way over here. My version is not meant to be an improved version (although i prefer my gui :ph34r: ) or a clone of box mara - it is just something I developed independently which happens to work on the same principals. It's good to share so i can get feedback, make sure it works for everyone as expected, and make improvements etc... :)

• Administrator

I haven't tried it yet, but what does it do, I mean it changes the registry or patches some files?

I haven't tried it yet, but what does it do, I mean it changes the registry or patches some files?

works the same as mara fix, only this fix patch egui.exe to enhance appearance (makeup), and much nicer looking :D

untitled.jpg

Another fix...another choice.

So far..updating automatically without problem for the past few days on Windows 7 Ultimate (x64).

Nice....Hopefully PurplebeanZ would be around to update if ever the fix fail on newer version of Eset Nod32.

Keep it up!

The point is :-

For those who start to use a fix for ESET for the 1st time, this one posted by Member PurplebeanZ is much faster and easy of to install and besides, as someone mention here before, there isn`t an advise of virus (even being false positive ) .

When you click on about, it says "licensed".

You do not need to disable Self - defense during installation.

You just have to enter in safe mode and then with just one click , it`s done !

Cheers

Jofre

Well, Self-Defense is not active in Safe Mode, so box, mara- fix can be use in Safe Mode too. I didn't try this yet, but faster and easier? What is faster and easier? Go to Safe Mode with this fix, and it's the same, if that's what are you talking about.

works the same as mara fix, only this fix patch egui.exe to enhance appearance (makeup), and much nicer looking :D

box, mara- fix also has option for trial mark removal.

Cheers ;)

Frank opinion.....both are trial fix....both update automatically.

As long as it works.....both are equally good.

Also...as long as the fix is kept up-to-date.

Also...as long as the fix is kept up-to-date.

:) I guess, going by what we've observed of the solid box, mara- fix over a period of more than year, these trial fixes hardly require to be maintained (upgraded) - this is the greatest unsung & unappreciated advantage (the box, mara- trial + the PurplebeanZ trial fix) offer. Hopefully, people would now have these 2 trial fixes as alternatives to each other and stop comparing these trial fixes to other fixes like (NodLogin, MiNodLogin, NodEnabler, etc) being unfair and more of 'lime' to 'orange' sort of comparison.

Archived