ESET v4 Fixes

shought

does it give you an error when you try to download the update, or does it usually take too much time, and you cancel it?

edit:

I'm gonna merge your thread, with the already present eset v4 fixes

Thanks, the problem is when the update is going halfway it suddenly goes to the end and says the update is currently finished and says the virus signature is updated. but still no new signatures. :( i think my internet connection caused this problem since it gets disconnected after it bursts some speed :(

• Replies 2k
  • Views 213.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

What you mean by still no new signatures? It should give an error if anything had done bad.

Evening ladies and gents.

New member here, hope I'm posting this question in the right forum.

How come I always get "You have already downloaded this file, try again in 20 minutes" message when trying to download the box, mara-fix from My link ?

Thanks in advance

• Administrator

Evening ladies and gents.

New member here, hope I'm posting this question in the right forum.

How come I always get "You have already downloaded this file, try again in 20 minutes" message when trying to download the box, mara-fix from My link ?

Thanks in advance

Add

http://proxy.nsanedown.com/*

into your download manager, firewall and AV exceptions list. And make sure you are not using any proxy.

Updating suddenly finished last night. But one problem again, has anyone encountered an invalid user name password (using minodlogin) when updating? license is still valid but it cannot update due to invalid username and password.. I have been trying to update for more than 1 hour :( thank you!

just try these login details...they're the trial info we use on the fp to get the retail setup's

User: TRIAL-34893613

pass: 7pjfhc3sca

just try these login details...they're the trial info we use on the fp to get the retail setup's

User: TRIAL-34893613

pass: 7pjfhc3sca

woa worked like magic! :) thanks maric. can i still swtch to retail keys? thanks!

woa worked like magic! :) thanks maric. can i still swtch to retail keys? thanks!

ofc you still can

Uninstall ESET, delete the remaining folders, start the computer in Safe mode, run the ESET Uninstaller, delete all the keys in registry that have to do with ESET . After that, install a clean version of ESET, not to enter any username or password, no do the update. Start box, mara - fix and then perform the update. Then the mara fix to work as a Swiss watch

ofc you still can

I think there's some problem regarding the minodlogin keys.. It always say that invalid username and pass even though the license is still valid. currently using the trial keys again. Hope someone can look into this :) thanks!

ofc you still can

I think there's some problem regarding the minodlogin keys.. It always say that invalid username and pass even though the license is still valid. currently using the trial keys again. Hope someone can look into this :) thanks!

BOX, Mara - Fix v1.3 is rule :D :D :D

ofc you still can

Use T-Nod 1.4.0 -- I had MiNodlogin until this thing happened to me too. It's fixable but annoying since it happens after a couple of reboots.

TNod User & Password Finder 1.4.0 Final

Site: mediafire.com/

SC: ?iolzzxtjtzj

hi guys,

I stumbled across this site from a link on warez-bb. I have seen the boxmara fix floating about recently, which seems to do exactly the same a fix I released back in January - enables unlimited updates from the trial servers + removes the trial watermark. I have updated this recently so thought I would share and get your opinions...

my original post back in Jan - Original Post

my new release post - Current Post

direct download of my fix - Site: http://rapidshare.com/

Sharecode: files/421708828/ESET_Updater_141.zip [?]

I can go into detail of how it works if anyone is interested? :)

*edit 29/9/2010 - minor update to possibly improve speed of initial update. thanks to nemanja065 for suggestion & testing

what is this, how it works ? that the principle of work as a box, mara fix ?

from what i can see - yes they basically do the same thing. It changes the registry key which controls the trial period and then locks it from change, it then sets the update profile to use the eval servers, and as a final touch it streams in egui.exe -> searches for the trial watermark -> patches it and writes the modified file out (checking the outcome of each stage as it goes). I think the only real difference is my version has the advantage of not being false positived as a virus, and also that I recommend applying the fix in safe mode as it requires less restarts than the 'disable self defense' method.

I don't think there is an advantage of using one over the other, but as this is a thread about ESET V4 fixes I thought i'd get some opinions on my offering :)

It seems to have been removed and the "upgrade to version ful ..." which again is an advantage, but it's makeup and does not affect the proper operation. What I know, I can try it, but again, mara fix, has been verified thing and has worked for almost 2 years. Do you use this your updater and for how long. thanks :D

It seems to have been removed and the "upgrade to version ful ..." which again is an advantage, but it's makeup and does not affect the proper operation. What I know, I can try it, but again, mara fix, has been verified thing and has worked for almost 2 years. Do you use this your updater and for how long. thanks :D

I have been using the main principal of the fix (ie. the locking of the trial period key value) for years - since NOD32 2.7 was around (although it was a different reg value to change in that version). I have been using it on V3 & V4 with no problems for ages, but until the end of 2009 I was always applying everything manually. I released the first automated fix/patch in Jan 2010 and a lot of people have been using it with no issues.

the update tab writes, upgrade to ful version, it should be and that it was removed, when it is already deleted the protection status. Moreover, and would be ideal fix. :dance2:

the update tab writes, upgrade to ful version, it should be and that it was removed, when it is already deleted the protection status. Moreover, and would be ideal fix. :dance2:

I am still working on that - the problem there is the text on the update screen comes from the eguiupdate.dll. If that file is modified then the update tab will not load at all :(

Thanks @ PurplebeanZ, for posting here a new way to have ESET with automatic updates for ever. It seems good to me. Already got 1st automatic update and virus signature database is up to date.

All was much easier than box-mara fix 1.3.

People should try and give your opinions.

I like it a lot !

Good work PurplebeanZ ! - It`s people like you we need in this forum !!!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Good Luck !

Jofre

PS:- Mine is WinXP Pro SP3 ( x86 )

Nice to know that a new fix is available.

I will test it on my x64 and see how it goes.

Should be frontpage if all goes well.

Archived