ESET v4 Fixes

shought

• Replies 2k
  • Views 207.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) heh

But it works....just tried in windows 7 expired lisence...unblocked the url and erased old username & password first...started nodlogin and got license for 23.3.2010...

:hehe:

I use NodEnabler for this purpose. You can see the UserName + Password in

C:\Program Files\ESET\NodEnabler\LastRunResult.txt

I am using MiNodlogin 3.7.5.1 and it has been updating fine since.....oh...so long...forgot when it was.:frusty:

I am using MiNodlogin 3.7.5.1 and it has been updating fine since.....oh...so long...forgot when it was.:frusty:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a time I had 3 OS backups ( NodLogin, NodEnabler and MiNodLogin ) , but at this moment just one. Like @kotaxor, I am using now MiNodLogin 3.7.5.1 and none problem found. Updates automatically like all the others but it`s clean of blocks. Go to Frontpage and schedule (same way as for NodEnabler and NodLogin). That information was done by @Kotaxor.

MiNodLogin 3.7.5.1 (latest)

Download from here :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ......... Mediafire.com

Sharecode ...................... /?zmjymmmjwom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS:- In case Links that Minodlogin 3.7.5.1 that provide new licenses start being blocked by ESET (This is happening with NodEnabler a lately with NodLogin ) there is a patch in order to avoid this situation. However must be applied prior the install of MiNodLogin.

DownLoad from here :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ....................... Mediafire.com

Sharecode ....................................... /?mkj0n2aotm3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Specially to our Friend @kotaxor :) )

Cheers

jofre

Did anyone try the box, mara-fix 1.3 with ESET 4.2 Beta yet? I guess it'll still work, but can't be sure, obviously.

Did anyone try the box, mara-fix 1.3 with ESET 4.2 Beta yet? I guess it'll still work, but can't be sure, obviously.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Shought :

I tried the box-mara.Fix 1.3 with ESET 4.2.22 when this beta version appeared and failed to me.

Other members may try and give us news here...

Mine is WinXP Pro SP3

Cheers

Jofre

If this is their only beta so far, then it worked fine for me. I tested it when it appeared. I don't know if they had newer beta version after that.

Cheers ;)

Well.. deep down in secret I am hoping for a redo of mara-fix 1.5.. TBH.. if that's the case..( ADR to others concerned.. ) LOL

SO much easier than getting a new license every month..

I don't understand. Did you mixed up something? That fix was only my own, which contained a little security risk. box, mara- fix 1.3 is much better solution.

Cheers ;)

Sorry, but forgot to say I tested =box-mara Fix 1.3 = on ESS 4.2.22beta and the message I received at the time was something like this:-

" Failed to read Firewall configuration !".

I don't know about the specific Jofre.. but in the past I have gotten this from ESET because of the installation process.. like the second or third reboot.. and then its gone... I THINK it has something to do with the drivers.. I could be wrong..

@mara- I know.. but I didn't want to gank ESET.. of Full version.. just keep myself from having to go and get a new license every month.. LOL.. What is the security risk? Curious..

I like ( and don't mean to stir anything up ) the in-evasiveness of that version, and the simplicity.. The fact I don't have to worry about proper keys..it shows it failed to start in the Logs.. but I have to work on reboot only.. thats how I have always done it.. It does get nailed with Hueristics.. but I thought that was only because of how it was written.. and the fact that if I want to remove it.. I shred it.. or delete it.. no issues otherwise.. LOL

Now I'm pretty sure you mixed things. mara fix 1.5 is made by me only. It resets trial on ever reboot by delaying self-defense until trial is reset. box, mara- fix 1.3 locks the trial, so you never don't need to reboot.

@jofre

That does not have anything with the fix. That's know issue with Eset. It just happens. It can be gone on next reboot or you might need to reinstall. Sometimes disabling self-defense-reboot-enable-self-defense can help. It seems sometimes that Eset's own self-defense if preventing Eset from changing it's own settings.

Cheers ;)

@heath

I don't think there's any reason to redo the box, mara fix ;) It's still great :)

(I do remember sending some suggestions for changes to the user interface to mara a long time ago, but they weren't really important, just minor 'improvements'.)

@mara-

I'm not sure, but is there an option to undo the fix if ESET is no longer installed? I recall it used to be impossible because the fix would check whether ESET was installed or not. Maybe the fix should only check whether ESET is installed or not before it is actually fixing the ESET installation, not when it is 'UnFixing'.

Well.. its a personal opinion.. and you can tell me what version it is.. Its labeled 1.5 ..

It will be gone in a few .. so grab it if you gonna see..

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Code: ?jbtiazkyuyk

I like them when they act as though they are not even there.. mara-box takes over the signature updates number.. and the icon.. ( the last time I tried it.. could have changed since then ) which deviates from its version.. but I dunno.. I feel like this isn't going to go anywhere but cause a problem so.. W/E..

The latest version is really box, mara-fix 1.3.

mara-fix 1.5 caused a security risk, which is why it's no longer recommended. box, mara-fix 1.3 does not have this security risk and the only thing you have to 'give in' is the ability to have a look at the signature version in the tray icon pop-up. Which isn't a feature that I'll ever really miss ;) (It's not possible to not give in on this)

The download you got is probably 1.5, but not sure why you're posting it?

Well because I believe it was mentioned I didn't know what version I had.. so I upped it to check.. been using it since version 3 of ESET ESS... The only thing I have experienced ( feel like I am repeating myself )is the fault in the services log, where it states it couldn't start...

This is why I asked what the Security Risk was... and the reason I posted it was to verify that it is actually it.. The one with the problem... That I have used for years now...but yeah faulting out on update numbers and seemingly slowing/down interfering was originally why I went backward.. and never upgraded it.. I think the only thing I did different was remove it from the schedule and Self-Defense is active.. so I dunno..

The original statement was IF the box,mara- fix was to be redone for 4.2 version.. if it had to be.. either a new fix like the mara- 1.5.. ( which is different from box,mara- 1.3 versions-different animal if anyone is wondering ) or something more like it...that's all... if the request is ignored fine.. IF it doesn't actually have to be redone.. fine.. either way...

Worst comes to worst I will just get licenses ever month, which is what I will do if this risk exists.. BUT I mean this far it is like someone saying using FF is unsafe but not a statement why...( nor could I find anything about it.. ) of any kind.. So I asked..

Unavoidable, I think not.. LOL.. plenty of options..( and I am not trying to circumvent version numbers either.. ) This was actually gotten through Mininova.org originally.. and through the 'readme' file I found this site.. which where I followed it for awhile in version numbers and so on.. ( History )

One hour is left before I get rid of the thing..

I already explained you a security risk. And I also think that signature info in the tray is not big deal. If fix needs to be re-done for new version, it will probably be done, but current version worked fine for me.

@shought

Yes, we made that change. You just start the fix and do the UnFix.

Cheers ;)

mara- did already mention what the security risk was but can't seem to find it and quote it...

Anyway it's to do with delaying ESET's Self Defense from starting (which is obviously a security risk), viruses can make use of that time.

I'm worried about you, you're starting to sound like me: indifferent :P

Thank You!.. that is what I was wondering.. LOL... Regardless.. I am removing it and moving on without 'Fixes' for it...

I'm pretty indifferent feeling regarding security risks also. Cabled network, only other with access to my computers is my cat. As for any fix for for Eset NOD I'm using free keys...

i think its out 4.2.35 Final

Both AntiVirus and SmartSecurity

these is the changelog for the Smartsecurity version:

* Fix: Issues with HTTP scanner with longer domain names ( support for length of domain name to 256 characters)

* Fix: Issues after PC restart when firewall system integration is "only scan application protocols"

* Fix: When ESS installed with disabled FW, dialog about trusted networks not displayed

* Fix: Installation of ESS using Remote Desktop; after selecting firewall's "Interactive mode", the session will interrupt

* Fix: Long file name makes trouble with logs in "document protection enabled" mode

* Fix: Scan profile settings not retained after reinstallation

* Fix: Open ESI log of EAV doesn't work on Microsoft Windows NT4.0

* Fix: Not possible to save EAV's ESI log and export service script on Microsoft Windows NT4.0

* Fix: Wrong settings imported from ESS configuration cause problems in EAV

* Fix: All ESI logs are lost after upgrade from V4 to V4.2

* Fix: Impossible to delete the on-demand Scan Log in ESS

* Fix: Fixed ceasing of scan tasks when logged in as standard user

* Fix: Minor issues with Trusted zone conversion from older to newer version

* Fix: Unification of behavior when disabling some parts of EAV/ESS/EMS in the main settings window

* Fix: Possible to delete log of a running on-demand scan

* Fix: X64 Vista + win7: UAC appears when opening ESI log from ESS/EAV GUI

* Fix: Minor Thunderbird and Outlook issues

These one is for the Antivirus version:

* Fix: issues with HTTP scanner with longer domain names ( support for length of domain name to 256 characters)

* Fix: Long file name makes trouble with logs in "document protection enabled" mode

* Fix: Scan profile settings not retained after reinstallation

* Fix: Open ESI log from EAV doesn't work on Microsoft Windows NT4.0

* Fix: Not possible to save EAV's ESI log and export service script on Microsoft Windows NT4.0

* Fix: All ESI logs are lost after upgrade from V4 to V4.2

* Fix: Fixed ceasing of scan tasks when logged in as standard user

* Fix: Unification of behavior when disabling some parts of EAV/ESS/EMS in the main settings window

* Fix: Possible to delete log of a running on-demand scan

* Fix: X64 Vista + win7: UAC appears during opening ESI log from ESS/EAV GUI

* Fix: Minor Thunderbird and Outlook issues

Sl@pSh0ck™

@El_Burro

latest version of nod32 and eset smart security 4.2.35 is already posted in the frontpage, check it out ;)

new nod is out hopes MARA 1.3 fix works on it....anyone test it?

btw NOD mean a fart in Hebrew :lol:

Archived