ESET v4 Fixes

shought

hi sorry if this is not the correct thread to ask...

i found one annoying feature of ESET NOD32.. it seems to kept on annoying me on file submission on suspected threat which is the box-mara fix files. I accidentally click submit and has the 'do this automatically for all files' options checked. how can i disable this annoying feature!. everytime i click cancel it will keep on pop up again.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 205k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi sorry if this is not the correct thread to ask...

i found one annoying feature of ESET NOD32.. it seems to kept on annoying me on file submission on suspected threat which is the box-mara fix files. I accidentally click submit and has the 'do this automatically for all files' options checked. how can i disable this annoying feature!. everytime i click cancel it will keep on pop up again.

One of two things will apply here. If you would like to still be able to submit files, which are truly threats and help with 'In the Wild' type documentation and Virus Definitions being created.. Then what you need to do is, uncheck the files it wants to submit ( the ones that YOU DON'T, just in case there are others that you want to... ) Then hit the 'submit' button.. Even if it has nothing checked, it registers the process as taking place and it has submitted what it was told to.. even if its empty.. DONE..

Now if you want to turn this Feature OFF completely and not help with this area then you need to go to Setup...> Enter entire Advanced Tree...> Tools > Threat-sense.NET.. The Advance Setup button will give you more options at tweaking the behavior if you want to check that out.. AND to turn it OFF, you simply uncheck the box..'Enable Threat-sense.NET Early Warning System'....Hit 'Okay'

.. and your done..

hi heath28m. thanks for the help. i do remember clicking submit with the file un-checked but it still pops up from time to time asking me the same thing. that is why i was wondering where i could turn that feature off.

thanks so much for your help mate. i'll try it out.

just noticed that my installation of NodEnabler was 3.2.3 so i updated to 3.2.4 and it updated me to a valid license and im currently at 4762

just noticed that my installation of NodEnabler was 3.2.3 so i updated to 3.2.4 and it updated me to a valid license and im currently at 4762

----------------------------------------------------------

Latest NodEnabler is v.3.4.1.( Sense 9th.Dec.2009 )

Download from here :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site.................. Mediafire.com

ShareCode ............................. /?faamhxy2oae

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ....................... Filefactory.com

ShareCode ..................................... /file/a1hhgef/n/NodEnabler_3.4.1.zip

and

Site ............................... Sendspace.com

ShareCode .............................................. /file/673bqi

Changes:

+Recompiled with a later version of AutoIt (didn't change any code) and now the problem of NodEnabler replacing the license every time it gets run, is gone.

Cheers :thumbsup: :cheers:

Question guys, is nodenabler 3.41 for 64 systems as well?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it is !

Cheers

Hi!

Joined this forum because I had some problems I needed help with.

My box mara fix 1.1 stoped working and I tried to uninstal ESET to reinstall it and use the fix again

but i got this message: could not write value appDataDir to key \software\eset\eset security\CurrentVersion\Info.

So when i reinstalled it I got the same message and ESET said it was an invalid username and password again.

I tried to use the fix again but it didn't work, at first.. I tried again and it seems to be working now. :D

But how do I fix this if it happens again?

And how do I remove the fix if I ever need to do that?

@duja:

i think u forgot to uninstall fix cause i already faced the same problem

uninstall ne other fixes then reinstall the eset and fix it again with the latest box,mara fix there is 1.3 the latest i guess or BOX_ETR_v4.30A

Hey guys, I may sound a litle paranoid, but I want to install eav 4.0.474 with nodenabler 3.41 on a friends vista running free avg now. Seeing how much I love vista (ggrrrr) anything special I should be aware of before hand? I only work with xp and have heard of people complaining of vista so I could use any headsup, mainly since it's a work laptop and she'd kill me if anything would happen to it. Thanx in advance

• Administrator

Just remove this

http://anonymz.com/?

from the link. And try again. ;)

BTW is ESET blocking it? Just disable it till you download it.

now can already sorry about the problem

Few days ago when the dl reaches 99% it said the server reset but now i can dl already thanks

• Administrator

Was the file you were downloadin a fix for a software?

You should put

http://proxy2.nsanedown.com

in exclusion list of your antivirus software.

Hi!

Joined this forum because I had some problems I needed help with.

My box mara fix 1.1 stoped working and I tried to uninstal ESET to reinstall it and use the fix again

but i got this message: could not write value appDataDir to key \software\eset\eset security\CurrentVersion\Info.

So when i reinstalled it I got the same message and ESET said it was an invalid username and password again.

I tried to use the fix again but it didn't work, at first.. I tried again and it seems to be working now. :D

But how do I fix this if it happens again?

And how do I remove the fix if I ever need to do that?

How to uninstall box, mara-fix 1.1?

thanks.

Just run the fix (may be a newer version) again and it will allow you to uninstall. (UnFix)

I've installed eset a few times and this is a first for me...

everytime i reboot I get a nag about "Last Successful update" which was 12-25-29055 or something like that. That's waaay in the future...lol.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Administrator

:blink:

Is your computer's time and zone set right?

Problems with ESET updates :-

As you know, ESET is causing problems, blocking NodEnabler sites that provide new Licenses in order to get automatic updates of virus signature database.

How to avoid this situation :-

1 - Go to NodEnabler " Licensing Searching " copy/paste all links shown, doing a txt.file with Microsoft Word, WordPad or NotePad, and saving to Desktop;

2 - Click on ESET icon you have on Taskbar, then "Open Window" and change to "Advanced Mode" ;

3 - Now click on "Setup" and then "Advanced Setup".

4 - On the left part of the Screen, choose "Web access protection", then HTTP/HTTPS and finally ADDRESS MANAGEMENT. Here, click on "LISTS";

5 - It`s here you must ADD (one by one) all links you have on TXT.file (on your Desktop);

6 - Once done, click OK and close ESET ;

7 - Now, click on NodEnabler shortcut you have on Desktop, then on the icon ( near Windows watch ) and choose LICENSE SEARCHING, in order to force 1st update.

It`s done ! From now on only Automatic Updates !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same to MinodLogin !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest NodEnabler is v.3.4.1.( Sense 9th.Dec.2009 )

Download from here :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site.................. Mediafire.com

ShareCode ............................. /?faamhxy2oae

and

Site ....................... Filefactory.com

ShareCode ..................................... /file/a1hhgef/n/NodEnabler_3.4.1.zip

and

Site ............................... Sendspace.com

ShareCode .............................................. /file/673bqi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MiNodLogin v.3.7.5.1 :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ......... Mediafire.com

Sharecode ...................... /?zmjymmmjwom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers and Enjoy !

Jofre

@tegxsi:

I have experienced that problem before. You have a corrupted virus signature database.

The only remedy for that is to uninstall NOD32, and delete the ESET folder:

• For 2000 / XP: Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > ESET
  • For Vista / 7: Users > All Users > Application Data > ESET

And to be safe, delete the ff. registry keys:

• HKCU > Software > ESET
  • HKLM > SOFTWARE > ESET

Once done, reinstall NOD32.

Archived