How to Download Windows 8.1 If You Can’t See the Update in the Windows Store

loyal

@hamede,

Some editions of Windows 8 don’t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:

Windows 8 Enterprise

So what can I do ?

Clean install enterprise 8.1 and activate , same as you did for Pro :)

• Replies 96
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tezza

• loyal

• demoneye

• hamede

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Any other way to update?

I can't remember how I activated my Windows 8 Pro. Probably using a MAK key. I can't even find the Windows 8.1 Pro ISO. Just the normal and Enterprise.

Is it possible to remove the MAK or KMS activation and then update?

my mistake.....

@demoneye

As soon as you reach the Store the update should be visible. If not, it may not be available in your area just yet or try clearing store cache

Close store
Win+R
wsreset.exe
Open store

bro he cant update...he has enterprise

How do you know ?

i didnt get u....u have written

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190216-how-to-download-windows-81-if-you-cant-see-the-update-in-the-windows-store/?do=findComment&comment=660437

that windows 8 enterprise is not upgadable

Yes but how do you know @demoneye is using enterprise, he never said ?

Hey,

Any other way to update?

I can't remember how I activated my Windows 8 Pro. Probably using a MAK key. I can't even find the Windows 8.1 Pro ISO. Just the normal and Enterprise.

Is it possible to remove the MAK or KMS activation and then update?

check pm and tell us ...

@hamede,

Some editions of Windows 8 don’t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:

Windows 8 Enterprise

So what can I do ?

Clean install enterprise 8.1 and activate , same as you did for Pro :)

oh ,,,,

You mean research again for Enterprise key >>> Oh .. OH

yNyo1.jpggIVP2.jpg

Edited by hamede

my activation was using mak for w8 RTM , maybe if i remove the activation somehoe and using any kmsnano and than upgrade to 8.1... what do u think it may work? :unsure:

At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk

Hit Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer and set it back to trial mode, you are now free to use it on another computer. If you encounter any problems, try activating by telephone:

Edited by demoneye

november_ra1n

I think if you delete the keys from Windows 8 Enterprise

slmgr /upk
Delete product key in registry:
slmgr.vbs /cpky

If you activate via kms then

Also use uninstall option what ever KMS activator you were using like MTK has uninstall option...

this will clean all the left over KMS
slmgr -ckms 

Than i do not see any reason why you should not be upgrade from Windows 8 Enterprise to Windows 8.1 Enterprise however i always advice clean installation.

After that activate what ever activation needs also remember KMS activation will not work on any version of Windows 8.1 yet.!

Edited by november_ra1n

maybe removing my mak activation and active it with Kmsnano , update to 8.1 and restore activation ?

http://goo.gl/gXzT7o

Anyway just upgrade with win 8.1 iso, keep files, apps, settings etc and job done. Activate with new 8.1 key after update ;)

maybe removing my mak activation and active it with Kmsnano , update to 8.1 and restore activation ?

Anyway just upgrade with win 8.1 iso, keep files, apps, settings etc and job done. Activate with new 8.1 key after update ;)

that to much ugly for me , only update that come via windows store or windows update will be installed in my pc :D

Edited by demoneye

that to much ugly for me , only update that come voa windows store or windows update will be installed in my pc :D

It is same exactly same result at the end of the day :) The upgrade works like a charm and keeps all programs, licenses intact.

that to much ugly for me , only update that come voa windows store or windows update will be installed in my pc :D

It is same exactly same result at the end of the day :) The upgrade works like a charm and keeps all programs, licenses intact.

what you mean mate is to use my w8.1 DVD contain wzor and install it over top my current w8 ??

will that keep my windows activated ?

what you mean mate is to use my w8.1 DVD contain wzor and install it over top my current w8 ??

will that keep my windows activated ?

Yes just install over 8 and It will upgrade 8 to 8.1, keeping your installed programs etc, which is what you want. You will then have win8.1 with all apps files etc, but it will need activating, which is no problem here ;) :D

Edited by tezza

@Roger, just look in the store, the update will appear eventually for 8RTM to 8.1RTM.

(Though RTM does not mean RTM anymore :lol: )

I have got my update notification in Windows Store...But I want to download the Iso file as seperate file for the Update and Future Use(Incase)

Any Idea where to get original Windows 8.1 Iso??

Or Is there any way to save this download as seperate Iso file?

13780999.jpg

if we update through windows store , can we save it too for future use ? where is the download location ?

Is it possible to grab that link?

november_ra1n

I have found the working keys for Windows 8.1 Pro i am downloading now does anyone know whats the fast and best way to upload torrent or magnet side share it with you all? I am not registered any of the torrent sides cause i don't use for uploading!

bekt.png

if we update through windows store , can we save it too for future use ? where is the download location ? Is it possible to grab that link?

still we dont have any information about it. may be after some time.. :fun:

I have found the working keys for Windows 8.1 Pro i am downloading now does anyone know whats the fast and best way to upload torrent or magnet side share it with you all? I am not registered any of the torrent sides cause i don't use for uploading!

bekt.png

how big is the file?

november_ra1n

Probably same as MSDN VERSION don't know yet i guess between 3-4 GB looking for magnet cause i dont want file get deleted %18 completed estimated time finish time 1.3 hr.

Edited by november_ra1n