How to Download Windows 8.1 If You Can’t See the Update in the Windows Store

loyal

Go over to this page, which provides information regarding the updating from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8.1, click on “I installed the preview from the Windows Store or I installed the preview using media while Windows 8 was running” in the “Updating to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1” section and then hit the “from the Windows Store” link in the expanded text.

y04s.png

• Replies 96
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tezza

• loyal

• demoneye

• hamede

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, can you give the direct link of windows 8.1RTM ISO?b

Go over to this page, which provides information regarding the updating from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8.1, click on “I installed the preview from the Windows Store or I installed the preview using media while Windows 8 was running” in the “Updating to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1” section and then hit the “from the Windows Store” link in the expanded text.

y04s.png

And what about upgrading from windows 8 to windows 8.1? :rolleyes:

Do I need to install or use Windows 8.1 preview or windows 8.1 RTM Preview first? :think:

y04s.png

Do I need to install or use Windows 8.1 preview or windows 8.1 RTM Preview first? :think:

@Roger, just look in the store, the update will appear eventually for 8RTM to 8.1RTM.

(Though RTM does not mean RTM anymore :lol: )

y04s.png

this link is for upgrading dear....if u

Can’t See the Update in the Windows Store

u need not install windows 8.1 preview

For me the update appears in Windows Store, but if I try to update it gives me an error. I have W8 Pro WMC.

Edited by AlexCross

Why can't I find the update in the Store?

If your PC is currently running Windows 8 (or Windows RT), and you want to update to Windows 8.1 (or Windows RT 8.1), in most cases, you’ll see this free update prominently featured on the Windows Store home page. If you’ve opened the Store and you don’t see the update, it could be for one of these reasons:

You might need the latest updates from Windows Update

Although the Windows 8.1 update is downloaded and installed from the Store, your PC needs another update, **KB 2871839***, before Windows 8.1 becomes available to you in the Store.

If you’re using Windows Update to get automatic updates, KB 2871839 will be downloaded and installed automatically.

If you’ve turned off automatic updates, or if your PC is so new that automatic updates haven't been downloaded yet, or if you’d rather not wait for Windows Update to do this automatically, you can go to Windows Update and install KB 2871839 manually.
To install the update you need

Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.

Tap or click Check now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC.

If updates are found, tap or click View details.

In the list of available updates, select KB 2871839, and any other updates you want to install, and then tap or click Install.

Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish, if the updates you’ve selected require it.

Note

You might need to restart your PC to finish installing some updates. Save and close all your files and apps before you restart so you don't lose anything.

After KB 2871839 is installed and you’ve restarted your PC, go to the Start screen, tap or click Store, and look for the Windows 8.1 update. For more complete info on installing Windows 8.1, see Update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
You might be running an edition of Windows 8 that doesn’t support the free update from the Store

****Some editions of Windows 8 don’t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:******

Windows 8 Enterprise

Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed by enterprises using KMS activation

Editions of Windows 8 that are installed using an MSDN ISO, and activated using multiple activation keys

If you’re running one of these editions, you can't install the free update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 from the Store.

If you installed Windows 8 using an MSDN ISO, you might be able to install Windows 8.1 using a similar ISO from MSDN.

Otherwise, you might be able to perform a clean install. For more info, see Update to Windows 8.1: FAQ.

Edited by tezza

I cant see the update.... i have some office2013 updates (700 mega) which i wont install , maybe that hold me back...

I cant see the update.... i have some office2013 updates (700 mega) which i wont install , maybe that hold me back...

KB 2871839 download

x32 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40076

x64 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40098

server http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40124

:)

Edited by tezza

KB 2871839 download

x32 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40076

x64 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40098

server http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40124

:)

already installed but cant see it ... where should i see it at the spotlight area?

@demoneye

As soon as you reach the Store the update should be visible. If not, it may not be available in your area just yet or try clearing store cache

Close store
Win+R
wsreset.exe
Open store

Edited by tezza

@tezza

How can I upgrade Enterprise edition ? In step by step PLZ.

this is my current PC Info.

Z6Kgl.jpg

u cant update windows 8 enterprise from windows store ....u have to upgrade by iso

@demoneye

As soon as you reach the Store the update should be visible. If not, it may not be available in your area just yet or try clearing store cache

Close store

Win+R

wsreset.exe

Open store

bro he cant update...he has enterprise

@demoneye

Close store

Win+R

wsreset.exe

Open store

How do you know ?

@demoneye

Close store

Win+R

wsreset.exe

Open store

How do you know ?

i didnt get u....u have written

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190216-how-to-download-windows-81-if-you-cant-see-the-update-in-the-windows-store/?do=findComment&comment=660437

that windows 8 enterprise is not upgadable

@tezza

How can I upgrade Enterprise edition ? In step by step PLZ.

this is my current PC Info.

Z6Kgl.jpg

u cant update windows 8 enterprise from windows store ....u have to upgrade by iso

How to activate ?

@demoneye

Close store

Win+R

wsreset.exe

Open store

How do you know ?

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190216-how-to-download-windows-81-if-you-cant-see-the-update-in-the-windows-store/?do=findComment&comment=660437

Yes but how do you know @demoneye is using enterprise, he never said ?

Edited by tezza

@hamede,

Some editions of Windows 8 don’t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:

Windows 8 Enterprise

So what can I do ?

@demoneye

Close store

Win+R

wsreset.exe

Open store

How do you know ?

:D

i have w8 pro RTM wzor release , i got now idea how did he think i am running ent :D :D :D

i was activate my w8 using skype (mak key) so i am screwed ? :unsure:

Edited by demoneye

@demoneye

Close store

Win+R

wsreset.exe

Open store

How do you know ?

:D

i have w8 pro RTM wzor release , i got now idea how did he think i am running ent :D :D :D

I know ;)