Total Uninstall 6.3.0

jalaffa

• Administrator

Which is why I will no longer install Total Uninstall. My experience with it was it was okay when uninstalling small sized programs but when you start uninstalling large and very large programs, TU algorithm starts to fail with targeting OS registry keys. As I've said before, I'm not the only one that has experienced this problem, Google it. While you may have had very good luck with this program, others haven't and that's the problem with most uninstallers like this. Your Uninstaller and Revo are the only ones I've used that aren't aggressive at targeting keys that shouldn't be touched. Look, you're not going to convince me to use this junk and I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just warning those what can happen if you install and use TU, especially if you use it frequently.

When I installed it for the first time, I had faced similar problems that you have. However, that was a long time ago and TU feels relatively safe now.

Still prefer using Revo as my primary uninstaller though.

• Replies 160
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with smallhagrid and avmad.

Total Uninstall is way too aggressive with removing leftovers in the registry and it will,

Agree, i prefer to use some mild tool,

such as Uninstall Tool, Advanced Uninstaller PRO...

Good for you but I will NEVER USE TU, ever. but you feel free to, if you want. I like YU and use the lowest settings for registry key removal or what is called "Safe Mode" Thats good enough for me. After it does it's job, I then go back to the registry and safely delete leftovers namely those that are left in the 'Current User' and 'Local Machine' hives. That's it.

i think the point is:

uninstall tool just like you paid money to hire people to clean your room,

Absolutely you can't let them do this job just"as clean as it can be", and decide by them.

Plus they might take all the tables and chairs out of your room and not discover it until you reboot your room.. :rolleyes:

Well said Jason...

Supremo Phantom

looking at the change log, this release seems to be a major rework. waiting for a working key to test the new things.

as per reviews revo uninstaller hmmm.. i will look into that :)

Ive had the same windows install since 11/28/2011, I use TU as my unistaller . I never have no trouble on Win 7 x64 , Most troubles I had was back when I use to test not needed software. .If you only install stuff you need mostly and not a lot of stuff you dont use . your regstery will be fine . A bad regserty comes from installing to much programs and also runing the worng regstriy cleaner can mess up your O/S. I dont install Programs like Revo or YU no more its just unneeded stuff.

Which is why I will no longer install Total Uninstall. My experience with it was it was okay when uninstalling small sized programs but when you start uninstalling large and very large programs, TU algorithm starts to fail with targeting OS registry keys. As I've said before, I'm not the only one that has experienced this problem, Google it. While you may have had very good luck with this program, others haven't and that's the problem with most uninstallers like this. Your Uninstaller and Revo are the only ones I've used that aren't aggressive at targeting keys that shouldn't be touched. Look, you're not going to convince me to use this junk and I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just warning those what can happen if you install and use TU, especially if you use it frequently.

Edit:

Oh I forgot to respond to your mentioning of the use of registry cleaners. Well, I NEVER USE THEM period because I did a lot of reading on the topic and I was convinced that the best alternative is to never use them because you don't know what it will do to the stability of your OS and each registry cleaner uses it's own coded algorithm so until one has or attains a low learning curve pertaining to the registry, I would suspect you should not ever use one. My experience with other people that use them is that they trust registry cleaning software too much because they are told that these programs will make you OS more stable, which is a total falsehood.

Thanks for the info, now I understand why this little prog messed my OS more than any other uninstaller/registry cleaner I've ever used (and I've used all the important ones). I never had any problems with: Revo, Your Uninstaller, Soft Organizer/Reg Organizer, Ashampoo Uninstaller, Uninstall Tool.

@ jofre

purchase a license with 5 or 6 friends then block with the HOSTS file :D

How to block with Host File that`s not a problem. Problem is how to get the key.

Total Uninstall 6.3.0 + Key :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site :- ............................ http://www.sendspace.com

Sharecode :-................................................................ /file/1eql0d

Those 2 files that come on download , must also be installed ( copy / paste)

Sharecode :-................................................................ /file/1eql0d

Hi, ProgramOption file in which folder?

Solved

block hosts file not work

Thank you sir :D

Works perfect without internet.

Blocking with 0.0.0.0 in hostfile make TU go banana (even with network off) hope someone finds a solution to this :)

Not sure, but it seems to work only for those living in Russia sense I receive a message saying " Computer not same country as customer "... and I took key from Ru-Board ( Russian forum ).

Had it registered for a few seconds... then registration ... gone !

Experimented with the Trial:

simply delete all found by the program Registry Trash Key Finder keys with the description "WinLicense 1.x"

If these keys are not found - you probably have a 64-bit system, and you run the utility directly, rather than through TrashRegx64.cmd, as it should be

Trial Reset by Dart Raiden

Total Uninstall Pro 6.3.0 Portable by Kensey

Attention! should definitely do everything as written below:

1. First run only when the power to carry out the internet!
2. Block (firewall or firewall) executable Tu.exe, located in the sandbox folder in the directory: >>> ... \ LSP-portable.blogspot.com \ App \ local \ stubexe \ 0xB48060D853A7A37A \ Tu.exe
3. Turn on the 'Net
4. Run a program
5. Enjoy! ))

Features of this Portable - version:
assembly is assembled and tested on Win x86
program has already been registered
on the version you TU6 assembly does not have little influence ..)

(Not tested as using Win8.1)

http://ge.tt/6YTqXck/v/0

Using Tinywall - Windows firewall controller here. All is fine. :D

Are you usning the "portable" from tezza post?

I tested blocking TU.exe in firewall (via firewall Control) and i lost activation, using the "original" total uninstall 6.3.0 (not portable)

I tested blocking TU.exe in firewall (via firewall Control) and i lost activation, using the "original" total uninstall 6.3.0 (not portable)

I am using original Tu with serial and Tinywall.

I tried all tricks. Only Portable version still not used. And i confirm that we missed the license. My tests are all with disabled internet connection.
1. If user run TU without internet connection, then TU rewrite "Program Options" by deleting license info in it! So, the program return in trial mode and wait for registration with connected PC. These two files are useless!
2. Loader does not work for me under Win8 x64. Nothing happen!
I think this key is not useful any more. It was blacklisted and nobody can extract full version with required information for full version.

I am using original Tu with serial and Tinywall.

Ok that is not working with "windows original firewall"

This is what i did:

1 Installed 6.3.0 from frontpage

2 replaced the Program Options.xml and license.dat

3 open total uninstall 6.3.0 with network off

That works perfect as long as network is off, but losing activation when block TU.exe in firewall (network on)

Ok that is not working with "windows original firewall"

This is what i did:

1 Installed 6.3.0 from frontpage

That works perfect as long as network is off, but losing activation when block TU.exe in firewall (network on)

In Windows firewall you need to create rules for all programs to be blocked to access remote ips 50.28.84.142 and 50.28.102.160. When done enable network access

This rule was for versions after 6.2.3.

The last version that work with internet connection is 6.2.3. All new versions required disabled internet.

But now i noticed that i can't run all versions include 6.2.3 without internet or enabled firewall. This program something mess in our PC like rootkit.

Archived