Rollback RX and Windows 8?

Roger D

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) but planing to switch to Windows 8 Pro(x86).

I want to know is there any problem in using Rollback Rx 10 in Windows 8 Pro?

Any further suggestions regarding windows 8? :medic:

Welcome and thanx

:welcome: :please:

Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant Report :

12894704.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) but planing to switch to Windows 8 Pro(x86).

Rollback Rx has an issue with every OS on planet earth.

Off-topic Edit:-

I'd strongly urge you to install x64 instead of x86 (except if planning to install Windows XP.)

Many die-hard Rollback Rx users are switching to AX64 Time Machine.Rollback Rx Version 10 has more bugs on Windows 8 system(like BSOD and failed restores for some users)But you have to wait for fix or buy AXTM.

Rollback Rx 10 hasn't been as reliable as version 9 when it came to restore.

Your screen resolution suggests that you may not be able to open and use more than one application at a time

You won't have the UEFI secure boot feature but you can use Windows 8 just like Windows 7 with normal BIOS(that do not mess with other OS(Linux) installation)

You have Windows defender as replacement for MS Security Essentials.

Rollback Rx is either a hit or miss with Windows 8.

See Rollback Rx forum for confirmation.

I'd strongly urge you to install x64 instead of x86 (except if planning to install Windows XP.)

But mine is 32 bit operating system?

How can i install x64?

12894814.jpg

12894704.jpg

Secure Boot won't work?

That could be a blessing in disguise for some. :think:

Adobe Media Player and Microsoft Security Essentials won't work?

That's certainly a blessing for everybody. :rockon:

But mine is 32 bit operating system?

How can i install x64?

Ah, I wasn't aware of that hitch. :(

Your screen resolution suggests that you may not be able to open and use more than one application at a time

You won't have the UEFI secure boot feature but you can use Windows 8 just like Windows 7 with normal BIOS(that do not mess with other OS(Linux) installation)

not bothering much about security, a simple question is that can i use Windows 8 pro just like Windows 7? (i.e, having liberty of installing softwares not signed by microsoft and other OS like linux) if Secure boot feature is not available just like in my case?

If so, then its like boon :) :)

And what about Snap feature? Can't i open and use more then one application at a time just like in Windows 7?

(If i disable the Start Screen feature of Windows 8 by some 3rd party application) :think:

You have Windows defender as replacement for MS Security Essentials.

Does it mean that Windows 8 provides inbuilt antivirus software? :think: no need to install any Antivirus programme? :rockon:

not bothering much about security, a simple question is that can i use Windows 8 pro just like Windows 7? (i.e, having liberty of installing softwares not signed by microsoft and other OS like linux) if Secure boot feature is not available just like in my case?

Yes - you can use Windows 8 just like any other OS.

JFTR, Secure Boot is not available in your system as it is a x64-bit feature only.

And what about Snap feature? Can't i open and use more then one application at a time just like in Windows 7?

(If i disable the Start Screen feature of Windows 8 by some 3rd party application) :think:

The Snap function is available in Windows 8 and is not related to the Start Screen - hence, disabling it does not affect Snap.

Does it mean that Windows 8 provides inbuilt antivirus software? :think: no need to install any Antivirus programme? :rockon:

Windows Defender is not fit to be used as a replacement AV - it's a PITA that's better off being disabled (I had posted a tutorial on how to uninstall it completely.)

:why:

Windows Defender is not fit to be used as a replacement AV - it's a PITA that's better off being disabled (I had posted a tutorial on how to uninstall it completely.)

Link Plz. :)

That tutorial is deleted. :(

Nope - found it.

Thanx buddy :)

• Administrator

About the resolution, you probably won't be able to run Metro / Start screen.

any tutorial to remove microsdoft software remocal tool

LOL, that's another PITA - I use Windows Updates on manual (this enables me to hide the MSRT update.) :)

12894704.jpg

Secure Boot - It depends on your UEFI Specification (Bios)

Snap Apps - This is only used for Modern(Metro) UI, and it allows you to put more apps on the screen at once. And for that, you need a widescreen monitor.

You can try this tutorial to force Snap Feature on lower screen resolutions.

MSE - Integrated in Win8 thus you don't need to download it. As for the removing, I think you can't, because the guide posted here doesn't apply for Win8. (Not sure if its safe)

And yes, you can install any other antivirus solution aside MSE. Its designed to automatically disable itself when it detect an antivirus.

any tutorial to remove microsdoft software remocal tool

How to remove the Malicious Software Removal Tool?

The Malicious Software Removal Tool does not use an installer. Typically, when you run the Malicious Software Removal Tool, it creates a randomly named temporary directory on the root drive of the computer. This directory contains several files, and it includes the Mrtstub.exe file. Most of the time, this folder is automatically deleted after the tool finishes running or after the next time that you start the computer. However, this folder may not always be automatically deleted. In these cases, you can manually delete this folder, and this has no adverse effect on the computer.

MSE - Integrated in Win8 thus you don't need to download it. As for the removing, I think you can't, because the guide posted here doesn't apply for Win8. (Not sure if its safe)

That guide is for Windows Defender which is also integrated into the kernel - not for MSE.

I'm confident of removing Windows Defender from Windows 8. While it's mere conjecture whether it's safe or unsafe for Windows 8 (as I've not tested it, myself) - it's certainly safe for Windows 7 as per the numerous testimonials till date.

That guide is for Windows Defender which is also integrated into the kernel - not for MSE.

I'm confident of removing Windows Defender from Windows 8. While it's mere conjecture whether it's safe or unsafe for Windows 8 (as I've not tested it, myself) - it's certainly safe for Windows 7 as per the numerous testimonials till date.

And the question now stands, why would anyone remove WinDefender from Win8, if it auto-disables when antivirus/anti-malware software is detected?

And the question now stands, why would anyone remove WinDefender from Win8, if it auto-disables when antivirus/anti-malware software is detected?

It's an uneducated myth that Windows Defender auto-disables when antivirus/anti-malware software is detected - it has to be disabled manually.

Any further suggestions regarding windows 8? :medic:

Welcome and thanx

:welcome: :please:

Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant Report :

12894704.jpg

BTW, it's not wise to go by the recommendations of Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant Report. ;)

It's an uneducated myth that Windows Defender auto-disables when antivirus/anti-malware software is detected - it has to be disabled manually.

Facts before myths... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_8#Security

Facts before myths... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_8#Security

Alas, that's not a fact - that's just a promise (a whitepaper from Microsoft.)

Here's the fact - Windows Defender does not disable itself as promised (you may not want to believe it - try it for yourself because you may not like to believe it.)

There's always a gap between practical & theory - a wide one.

Snap Apps

You can try this tutorial to force Snap Feature on lower screen resolutions.

Thanx for the link of tutorial. I'll try this after windows Installation..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon:

Isn't 32 bit/64 bit support depends on the CPU Processor?Please correct me if i am wrong.If you have installed 32 bit on a 64 bit supported system,wouldn't it say the system type as 32 bit instead of 64 bit.I think that your processor is capable of running 64 bit based OS.Use CPU-Z ,,64-bit Checker or any other tool to check whether your CPU Processor has 64 bit support.

Archived